Chapter 17

The Voice

 

 

After getting changed into his specially chosen tux, Minho came out of the dressing room to see the party in progress. People were mingling and drinking champagne. Not really his type of a party but oh well. It’s his first and he’s more than grateful to his friends for holding it. Speaking of which, he couldn’t seem to locate the special girl who chose his tux. Key had told him when he was putting on his golden bow tie. Ecstatic, he quickly put it on and styled his hair.

“Psst. She’s there.” Taemin pointed over to a girl with her hair styled into waves, wearing a black dress. Feels like I’ve seen her like this before… He quickly walked over to her, smiling charmingly.

“Hey.”

“Oh, hi birthday boy.” She returned his smile. He noticed that she had put on a little makeup, not too much but just enough to bring out her cat-like eyes and bow lips.

“Thanks for choosing my outfit tonight.”

“My pleasure.” She replied coolly. Somehow, Minho felt a little nervous, talking to her. Is it because she looks more feminine tonight? Or am I just having a disorder?

“You want to get something to drink?”

“The birthday boy asking me? Shouldn’t I be the one taking one for you, Prince Minho?” Prince Minho… He liked how she referred that name to him.

“Just shut up, Jungie.” Somehow, she didn’t mind that name either.

 

 

After getting a glass of champagne each, they went out to the balcony to get some fresh air.

“Isn’t it your party? Why aren’t you mingling around with the girls? I’m sure every single one of them would want to have a dance with you.” Key had hired a DJ and currently, people were breaking it out on the dance floor.

“Nah, they’re not for me.”

“Oh? I thought Choi Minho used to be a ladies man?” Krystal teased.

“Yah, don’t call me that. I honestly prefer the term ‘Krystal’s man’.”

“Ewwwwww, no thank you.” She giggled.

“How could you? Me, the birthday boy, volunteering and you reject me?” Minho pretended to be hurt.

“Stop it!”

“Okay, okay. But honestly, I would.” He stared into her eyes.

“Are you trying to be romantic?” She raised an eyebrow. “Cos I’m not really sure how that works.”

“Hey you guys! What are you lovebirds doing out here?” Jonghyun exclaimed, breaking the romantic mood as he joined them on the balcony, draping an arm over both of their shoulders.

“We’re not lovebirds, Jjong. You’re obviously drunk.” Minho retorted.

“I’m not. If you’re going to be like this, I’m going back to my girls.”

“Go, oppa.” Krystal pushed him away.

“Okay, fine. Leave the lovebirds alone. That’s okay too.” Jjong said as he left.

“Sorry about Jjong. He jokes a lot.”

“Why are you clarifying it? It’s not like I’m going to misunderstand him right?” Krystal asked, amused with Minho’s words.

“I-I-I’m just s-saying!”

“Yeah right.”

“So, where’s my present?” Minho said, trying to change the subject.

“Where’s the patience, man?” She chuckled.

“I can wait, if you want.”

“Just kidding. Here.” She passed him a blue box that she hid in the room of the balcony.

“Thanks?”

“You’d better be!” She exclaimed as Minho slowly opened the box.

“K-krystal? Is this a dream?”

“What dream?” She asked, smiling.

“My dream shoes.” He said, dazed. He couldn’t believe it. The shoes that he thought were lost forever were now in his hands.

“It’s all yours.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“You just have to get me a pricey gift for my birthday next year.” She joked. Minho blinked as he covered the box and put it down. He gave her a hug.

 

 

Score! Key thought as he peeked from behind the curtains. Who knew Minho had it going on in him? It’s just that he doesn’t know that he likes her yet. Anyway, mission accomplished, time to party! He thought as he went downstairs.

 

 

 


 

Double update! Happy? Trying to finish this as soon as possible.

And Minstal's clothes.

The dress Krystal wore for the MAMAs. LOVE IT.

 

The one Minho wore for some press conference for The Salamander Guru and The Shadows. He's such a cutie!

 

Btw, I'm reaching almost 50 subscribers! I hope you readers can recommend this story to any friends that ship Minstal (even just a little bit).

I want to reach 50 before this fic comes to an end!

Thank you guys so much for supporting this fic!