Chapter 3

The Voice

 

Krystal walked into school the next day. Still the same. All black. Skull printed black shirt. Studded black shorts. Ripped black leggings. Black Dr. Martens. Total difference from her sister, Jessica.

“Krystal’s sister is Jessica Jung.”

“Jessica Jung? What a difference.”

“Are you sure? I don’t think so.”

Apparently, the rumours have spread even more. So what if I’m the total opposite of my sister? I don’t live to please everyone.

 

Krystal wasn’t always like that. She used to be the normal carefree kind of girl. Until she entered high school. Being an Asian, she was always teased, being a nerd doesn’t make it better. The bullying got worse until Krystal’s family had to come back to Korea. By then, Krystal had already had a liking towards the gothic trend and the move made her worse. Korea and it’s girly trends made her head ache. Her family had issues with money and Krystal rebelled. The issues were solved, but not Krystal.

 

Krystal bumped into someone. She looked up at the stranger. Choi Minho.

“Watch where you’re going, freak.”

“You watch where you’re going, frog.”

“Yah! How am I related to a frog?”

She ignored him and continued walking. Not worth my time.

 

Krystal also didn’t hate Minho. She actually fancied him. Not fancy fancy, just maybe a little attraction? She always thought he looked different – her taste – big eyes, small face, full lips, sharp nose. Unlike all those typical boring Korean faces I see everyday, she thought. One event changed it.

She was sitting by the bleachers, reading a book to pass her time and to watch a particular athlete do his thing. Choi Minho was having his soccer practice as Krystal feasted her eyes on his perfectly fit body. Damn. As she continued reading, a ball flew past her and landed a few rows behind her. Minho came up to retrieve it and she gave him a small smile. But due to her dressing, he returned the favour with a disgusted look instead.

“Minho-yah, what’s taking you so long? A pretty girl?”

“What pretty girl? All I see is a monster.”

 

 

 

How dare she ignore me? I thought she was talking to me fine just yesterday. Ugh, bipolar girls. As he walked on, Minho wondered about how he came to hate her.

 

It was the week after the soccer practice. Krystal was full on ignore mode. She had never been treated that way before and it was like adding oil to the fire. It made her feel worse inside. Minho who never really noticed her – he doesn’t really notice girls who want his attention – realised that she never looked for his attention, unlike the others. So he tried seeking for her attention, by walking past her whenever he can, winking at her or smiling. One day, he got fed up and approached her.

“Hey there, I’ve never really seen you around before. Are you new? What’s your name?”

“I believe it’s none of your business.”

“Aww, I  just want to get to know you.”

“No, you don’t. Go away.”

Speechless, Minho continued to hold a grudge against Krystal until this fateful day. You can say he had all the attention he wanted until a specific Jung came into the scene.

 

 

 


 

A short filler chapter about their pasts? This is so I can finally start the story ;)

Leave more comments! They are my motivation.

And feel free to discuss anything~

And should I put f(x) in? Krystal doesn't exactly have any friends. So maybe in the future?