Chapter 4

The Voice

 

Lunch time. Minho walked into the cafeteria and went to the usual table he and his friends sat at. It was Friday, Onew’s favourite day of the week – they served fried chicken. Minho got his food and sat down, digging into the burger he bought.

“So I heard, you and Krystal are partners?” Key asked with a teasing grin.

“Yeah, in Chemistry. Miss Song assigned her to me and we are supposed to do this research thing together. I’m starting to wonder where have I gone wrong in my past life.” Minho said with his mouth full.

“It’s not that bad. She doesn’t talk unless you talk to her.”

“Yeah right. She’s freaking sarcastic to me, even when I’m asking a normal question to her.”

“It’s because she doesn’t trust you. Maybe you did something wrong to her before?”

“I don’t remember anything. She just ignored me the moment she started coming to this school so I approached her and she was rude.”

“Oh well, enough about her. I got dates for each of us! This Saturday?” Jonghyun suddenly spoke out.

“I don’t know. I have to do research with her.” Minho replied.

“It’s just one day.” Jonghyun reasoned.

“It’s Krystal Jung I’m talking about. She’ll probably do some voodoo spells on me with all her skulls or something.” Minho retorted.

“Fine, fine. Just tell me if you’re going then.”

“Most probably not. I don’t feel like going out.”

“Aww, Minho the little hermit crab.”

“Shut up, Jjong.”

 

 

Chemistry with my favourite girl, hooray. Minho rolled his eyes as he walked to his seat. Krystal was already seated, reading some notes that she wrote about their research.

“Frog, can we meet this Saturday at the public library?” Krystal asked.  And she can’t even look up from her book.

“I guess.” Minho shrugged as he took a seat.

“Why? You have plans? Going out with all the girls who like you? Congrats.”

“Oh thank you.” He sarcastically replied.

“So are we meeting or what?”

“Fine, fine. What time?”

“In the morning.”

“The morning? I was planning to sleep in.”

“You don’t have to tell me what you plan to do, Choi. Meet me there at 9.” Krystal said, like it was no problem at all. Minho scoffed.

 

 

Krystal whistled as she walked into the library. It was after school and she had to do more research on the project that they were doing. She dropped her bag off at an empty table and went off  to find more books. Meanwhile, Minho decided to do his part of his research. Hmm, no practice today. I guess I can use my time to read or something. He walked in and immediately spotted Krystal’s bag. Psh, so she’s here too? I guess it doesn’t kill to do things together, he thought as he put down his bag at the table and also went off to find more books.

“Yah, Krystal Jung.”

“Oh, you’re here? That’s good. Take these.” Krystal passed him a big stack of heavy books.

“This is how you return the favour?”

“You’re welcome.” Krystal faked a smile at him. He rolled his eyes and carried the books to the table where their bags were at. She actually looked better smiling… God, Minho, what are you thinking? Alien alien, she’s an alien. Right. He walked back to the place where he last saw her.

“Krystal?”

“Where are you, freak?” Minho whispered. Oh well. Minho took out his phone, sat down on the carpeted floor and started playing his game. Hah, Krystal Jung, take that! Suddenly, he heard a soft hum behind him.

“Hello? Who’s there?” Okay. Quiet library with weird sounds. Not cool.

Then the hum started to sound clearer and he realised that it was a girl’s voice. She was singing really softly but it was very beautiful.

 

Nohchigo shipji anha dashineun anorgeot gata

I don't want to lose you, I don't think you'll ever come back again


So tell me what's up nae maeum gatgireur

So tell me what’s up, To have my heart

 

 

Minho continued to listen to the voice, captivated by it. All he wanted to do was to listen to it again and again. He stood up and started to search for the owner of the voice. He looked into the next shelf but there was no one. He followed the voice.


Jogeumdo sumgiji anhgo jogem sarangseureopge

Without having to hide, With a little more love


Jeonharrae nae mam ni nuneul bogo malhae

I want to deliver my heart and tell you, looking straight into your eyes

 

 

He went to the next shelf. In between the books, he could make out a figure in the next row. She must be the owner of the voice, he thought.

 

So into U

So into U



He quickly went to the next shelf and came face to face with Krystal Jung.

 

 

 


 

The story starts now~ What do you guys think?

I may be slow on the updates during weekends as I'm busier. But 4 chapters is a lot for two days :P

Meanwhile, I am going to edit my oneshots to Minstal cos I love them.

Be sure to check it out.

 

The song is So Into U by f(x). One of my favourites <3

Check it out?