3-Seeing the Enemy

Secret Agents-Hard to Handle

Chaerin's POV-

 

I zipped up my small bag and sighed, letting my palms rest against the leather. My hair fell in front of my eyes after a few seconds, and I quickly raised up my hand to pull it back. Forcing my feet to move, I checked myself out in the mirror, brushing off my over-sized t-shirt and striped orange pants. My finger sported various rings, including the strawberry cream one Jiyong got for me. Clutching my hand into a fist, I took a deep breath and pulled my bag over my shoulder, strutting out of my room only to be faced by Gyuri. She looked at me and then at my thigh, as if wondering if it were gonna re-open or not. I gave her a smile, "I'll be fine, Gyuri."

She bit her lip and tapped her foot, "I don't know. I'm still worried." She held the tips of my fingers and swayed our arms to the side.

"Aigoo, it's ok. Jiyong-oppa and Seungri-oppa will be there to help me if something happens." I reassured her-or tried to.

"But-what if something bad happens and Jiyong and Seungri are off somewhere?! Chae, then what?!" 

I rolled my eyes, "That's a 'what-if' situation. It's most likely not going to happen. You know Ji and Seungri don't like me being alone." She pulled her hands away and walked with me in silence. The hall seemed to be much narrower now, but I didn't let that get to me. Walking confidentially into the main room, I immediately went over to Jiyong and Seungri who were explaining what we were doing on the mission to Youngmin-sunbae and HoYeon-sunbae.

"We'll just drive up to their headquarters and take a peek around. See what we'll be up against. Don't worry, we don't do anything reckless, I swear."

Youngmin-sunbae nodded and looked at me, "Better be careful. I don't want any of you getting hurt. YG would hate me if I called him up and said one of you got more injured-than before." I bit my lip and bowed.

"We'll try to be back sometime around tomorrow or even by tonight." Seungri stated and grabbed my hand, smiling.

HoYeon-sunbae grinned back and waved, "Have a safe trip." The three of us walked into the garage, grabbing the keys to the black Maserati and hurrying in. I nearly slipped across the smooth leather seats, making my arm bonk against my gun. I cursed quietly and readjusted my weapon. After yesterday's little encounter with the enemy, Youngmin-sunbae says that all of us are required to carry some sort of weapon for defense. My favorite little gun is in my bag, loaded and ready to go. Ji is much better at close-range combat, so he carries a dagger on his belt. And Seungri-has a tazer...he named it Tazey. I guess it's good for both far-range and close-range fighting. But really-a tazer? 

"You feeling ok, Chaerin?" Seungri looked back at me and smiled. 

I nodded, "De Oppa~. Keep your eyes on the road!" I pushed Seungri's head forward, groaning as he backed out of the driveway, "Jiyong, can you drive? I don't feel safe."

"Wow, thanks Chae." Seungri scoffed.

"Calm down you two, we'll all get in a wreck if you don't keep your bickering to a minium." Jiyong laughed, meaning he meant no harm. But I slouched in my seat and pouted, crossing my arms firmly over my chest.

"We don't bicker!" Seungri insisted and pulled on the road, pressing his foot against the gas.

"Yea..you do. I've known you since we were kids, you two always fight."

"It's true." I mumbled and leaned my head back.

"Hm." Seungri huffed. "You lonely back there?"

I shrugged and got in an awkward position, "I guess a little bit. Jingyo-oppa, can you come sit back here with me?" He grinned and unbuckled, quickly climbing into the back with me. I pecked his cheek as thanks and leaned my head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me. His warmth, the most comforting feeling in the world. 

"You two got comfy pretty quickly." Seungri teased and smirked at us through the mirror. I rolled my eyes and held Jiyong's hand as it clamped over mine. He rubbed comforting circles on my knuckles with his thumb and kissed my head, making me melt on the inside. I bit my lip and sighed. "Get some rest you guys. The drive might take a while, but I got it."

"You sure?" Jiyong teased, raising a brow. Seungri scoffed and looked at us.

"I'm positive. Just relax, get some rest. Tiffany told me that Chaerin didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

I bit my lip as Jiyong looked at me, with his concerned eyes, "Really HunChae?"

"Yea...I couldn't sleep because-I..felt a bit nervous about this mission." 

"What are you worried about?" Jiyong asked and pressed closer to me, smoothing out my t-shirt.

I sighed and pressed my cheek into his chest, "The girls are really worried about me, what if something does go wrong about my wound, and neither you nor Seungri is there to help?"

Jiyong snorted, "I would never leave you alone in your condition. That's stupid of me. I already blame myself for not going down to the beach with you. I don't want any more guilt to be inside me. It hurts me to see you in pain too." He kissed my lips softly, reassurance burning inside me. I nodded and lay back on his shoulder for support and fell asleep to the sound of his heart beat.

 

 

 

"Ya. HunChae." I heard Jiyong's soft whisper in my ear, making my spine shiver in delight. I opened my eyes and smiled at him. His red hair was tossed to the side, so I tousled it back into place.

"Yea?"

"You hungry? We're stopping by for some food." Seungri pointed to a restaurant across the road from where the car was parked. I shook my head, cuddling back into the warmth of Jiyong.

I yawned, "Not-*yawn*-not hungry."

Jiyong looked at Seungri and scratched his nape, "Seungri why don't you grab something to go? So we can get back on the road. I'll stay here with Chaerin." My brother nodded, approving of the idea and ran towards the restaurant. He's running really fast...he must be pretty hungry. "Is your thigh sore?"

"Ani. It's better now." 

"That doctor must've done a good job, huh?"

I cleared my throat, "Oh, yea." The doctor and I talked about more than just the wound:

 

"Will she be ok?" Jiyong kept asking the doctor as she examined my wound, making me curse under my breath and dig my nails into his hand. He didn't mind, for he gripped back.

The doctor-Dr. Kim (A/N: Made up doctor by the way, don't go randomly searching for something you won't be able to get :p) simply smiled dryly and nodded, "She'll be fine. I assure you Mr. Kwon. But if you'd be kind enough to exit the room, to give the girl some privacy."

Of course Jiyong had to be a big mouth, "Oh, actually I've seen everything-" I slapped him with my other arm to silence him and gave an apologetic look to Dr. Kim. But the blush on my cheeks made the thirty year old woman chuckle.

"Sorry, he'll be going. Right Ji?" I glared at him.

He rolled his eyes and stood, "Yes. If that's what you want HunChae. Thank you Dr. Kim." He kissed my head and nodded to the doctor, exiting the room.

"Shall we get started?" She asked patiently. I nodded, gulping as she handed me a pill, "This is a seditive. You should feel numb from the waist down for about half an hour, that'll be normal." Hesitantly, I looked at the pill before popping it in my mouth, swallowing instantly. Immediately, my legs and waist and feet became numb and I couldn't feel anything. Dr. Kim made sure by pressing against my body. But, nope, I felt nothing. She started the surgery and I just stared at the ceiling. The surgery lasted about twenty minutes, and when the seditive wore off, I almost swore outloud. The 'after-pain' hurt really badly. Almost as badly as the bullet actually piercing through my skin-ok, maybe not that bad. But around there. "Your boyfriend-Kwon Jiyong. He's very caring for a young man."

I smiled, "Yea, that's what I like about him." 

Dr. Kim pulled a strand of loose brown hair from her eyes and looked at me, "I wonder, is there any reason he's very worried?"

"Not that I know. I mean, our jobs have been just fine and..I'm not pregnant or anything." My voice grew quieter as I spoke that last part. Am I embarrassed to talk about that? Apparently Dr. Kim thought I was and smiled.

She was a nice woman... "There's nothing to be embarrassed about, my dear. Just remember about using protection and to think wisely before you have a child." I blushed, making her laugh again, "Trust me, it's perfectly normal for my female patients to start talking about it." And when she said that, I had an urge to just ask her all about family life, about pregnancy, about everything I had questions on. She stayed after I hesitated on replying to her. I don't know if it was just because she was a doctor, or someone older than me, but I felt like her words could be trusted. I took nearly everything she said to memory, making sure I could remember it when the time is right. But that was what I didn't know: 

When is the right time?

 

I sighed at the memory, Seungri had his food with him in the passenger's seat and we were back on the road again once he finished his barbecue duck. Jiyong was smiling in his sleep, leaning his head on the leather, but I still felt his breath on my head. Seungri was focused on the road, so I shouldn't bother him. But I felt so bored. What to do? I really didn't want to think about what Dr. Kim and I talked about, but what else is there to ponder on? How about these rouges? They seem crazy and idiotic.

But Thunder...how could he leave us like that? I remember comforting Dara for months until we just decided to never speak about him again. And now, he's alive, he's a killer, but why? I can't help but feel like YG Confidential influenced him. Did we really influence Thunder to his limit? Did I?

The road begin to populate and more and more cars were pushed onto the freeway. I looked around, barely any trees, but the sun was beautiful. Blazing and warm, I shouldn't have worn long pants. But I didn't care anymore. As Seungri began to slow down, I looked ahead and shook Jiyong's arm, "Ji. Wake up."

"Eh?" He asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"We're here."

He sat up and stared ahead of us. Seungri parked the car near a huge cement building. Plain and gray, but had colorful graffiti on its side:

MBLAQ + 4MINUTE + SHINEE +F(x)= DANGER 

I grumbled as I shut the door of the Maserati and fixed my shirt, "Great...there's more of them..." 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I added more!!! Shinee and f(x) are joining the party. What would Ji, Chae and Seungri do? Will they get caught?! AW HELL NAH. sorry for the late update guys, but thanks for waiting patiently (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3