Confusion

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

“HEY! I just heard Xuimin tell Tao that he loves him…”

Xuimin loves Tao?!  Kris thought to himself. Shit, is that true? Does Tao love him back or is Xuimin doubting his relationship with Chen? Questions were spinning through Kris’s mind and it was driving him crazy. But he didn’t want to let anything on and he hid it all behind his ‘ face’. He would have to speak to Tao or Xuimin privately about it though. Maybe.

Kris led them out of the bedroom and into the living room to find Luhan curled up over his Laptop on the sofa. He had a massive grin plastered over his face, eyes glued to the screen and headphones plugged in. Xuimin skipped past Kris and crept up behind the blind deer ready to pounce on him.

“LUUUHAN!~”

“Holy sh-”

Xuimin gripped Luhan’s shoulders and shook him manically.

“Luhan~ What are you doing?~”

Luhan unplugged his headphones and gave Xuimin a death glare.

 

“Ew. Don’t you use your agyeo on me Little Fatty”

Xuimin pouted and puffed out his cheeks. “YA! I’m cute~”

Luhan giggled. “Of course you are! But not as cute as my Sehunnie, isn’t that right babe?” Luhan turned back to the screen and grinned.

“Say hello Hunnie~”

Xuimin stared at the screen to find Sehun waving frantically at him through the webcam.  He awkwardly waved back and Kris tutted.

“Luhan, you know we are in the same country as Sehun. Why don’t you text or call him instead?” Kris asked.

Luhan stuck out his bottom lip. “’Cause I can’t see his face through a telephone.”

“Good.”

“Sehun heard that”

“Like I said, good.”

“HEY! He’s better looking than you!”

Kris smirked. Like EXO’s Baby could be better look then himself, the almighty dragon. He waved Luhan off and scanned around the room for Lay.

“Where’s unicorn?”

Luhan shrugged, eyes still attached to the screen. “He said he was going out.”

“Do you know where?”

Luhan shrugged again. “Don’t know. He said he’d be back soon though.”

Kris sighed. “I’ll guess we’ll have to wait until he gets back.”

Luhan looked up at the leader questioningly. “Wait for what?”

“I got an email from the manager.”

“About?”

“I can’t tell you until all of you are here!”

Luhan gave a small nod and went back to talking to Sehun on the screen. Chen plopped himself on the sofa next to Luhan, switching on the TV and flicked through the channels. Tao went back to his shared room and returned to a book he was reading the day before.

“Anyone for a cup of tea?” Xuimin offered.

All three of them in living room nodded and Tao gave a grateful shout down the hallway. Xuimin went into the kitchen and filled up the kettle from the tap. Kris saw this as an opportunity to speak to Xuimin alone and he followed the older into the kitchen.

“Xuimin?”

He turned around in response and smiled. “Yes?”

“What was Tao talking about earlier to you?”

Xuimin flicked the switch on the kettle and leaned against the kitchen counter.

“I can’t tell you.”

“Why not?”

“Cause if Tao wanted you to know, then he would have told you. But he didn’t.”

Kris raised his eyebrows. “But I’m the Leader.”

“And?”

“What do you mean ‘and’?”

“You’re the Leader. So what?”

So what?! XUIMIN! I have a right to know what is going on between our members!”

Xuimin sighed. “I don’t want to tell you, Kris.”

“Did Tao tell you not to tell anyone?”

“No.”

“Then what’s wrong? Why won’t you tell me?”

“Like I said; If Tao wanted you to know, then he would have told you himself.”

Kris groaned. He really wanted to punch Xuimin in the face, but he knew it wouldn’t end well. He wanted to scream at him for being so stubborn and throw him out. Instead, he went for changing the subject. Xuimin began setting out mugs and putting a small teabag in each cup. He went over to the fridge to get the milk, but Kris grabbed his arm and stopped him on his tracks.

“Do you love him?”

Xuimin gulped. Oh .

“Who?”

Kris sighed in frustration. “Tao?!”

“What like?”

Xuimin yanked his arm out of Kris’s grasp and gave him a horrid look.

“What do you mean; What like!?

Kris rolled his eyes in frustration. “Do you love him like you love Chen?”

“Yes.”

Kris’s eyes popped open and his jaw hit the floor. He looked around to check that no one was eavesdropping before leaning face to face with Xuimin.

You disgust me Xuimin!” Kris hissed.

“What do you mean Kris? Do you not love your brothers?”

“Yes I do, but I don’t want to them!”

“I don’t want to Tao!”

Kris withdrew and his face crumpled in confusion.

“But I thought you said that you loved Tao like you love Chen.”

“I do! They are both my brothers and I love them. But I also love Chen more; like my lover.”

“Oh.”

Just then, the kettle cried out and Xuimin went over to pour out the boiling water. Quietly, he stirred each cup and removed the teabags. Making the tea to each member’s taste, he finished the last cup and laid the teaspoon on the side. Kris, meanwhile, was silent.

“So you love Tao, but you love Chen more.” Kris concluded.

Xuimin nodded. “I love all our members, Kris; even you!” He joked.

Kris huffed in disbelief.

“But I love Chen like my lover. I don’t love Tao like that.”

Xuimin indicated to a mug of tea for Kris, and the leader picked it up. Taking hold of his own tea, Xuimin took a sip before asking.

“Kris, why does it matter to you anyway?”

Kris gasped, inhaling some of his tea. He put the mug down to avoid spilling it and calmed himself down. Kris sighed once his mini heart attack was over and shrugged.

“It’s just. Well, I was worried that you were cheating on Chen. And if anything were to go wrong and we all fell out over it, then manager would blame me for not keeping you children in place.”

Xuimin snorted. “Who are you calling ‘child’ baby!?”

Kris chuckled at the older’s remark and cradled his tea.

“But seriously, Kris, what is the real reason behind you caring?”

Kris frowned. “I don’t understand.”

“I think you’re hiding something from me Leader.”

“I’m not. I just don’t want Tao to get caught between any disagreements. He’s going through enough trauma already.”

Xuimin nodded. He understood Tao’s pain and that Kris wanted to protect him, but he could help to think that Kris was hiding something.

“Though Kris, there is no need for you to worry about Chen and I; I love him too much.”

Kris rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah. I’ll remember to tell you that when you guys get into one of your petty arguments.”

Xuimin pouted. “He starts them.”

“I’m sure he’ll have something to say about that!”

Xuimin shook his head. He took a small dotted tray from one of the cupboards and put the rest of the tea on it apart from one, which he handed to Kris.

“Here, take this to Tao.”

“Why don’t you?”

“Because I’m older than you. Now quick, before it goes cold!”

Kris scowled at his elder and grasped the cup’s handle. Xuimin smiled as Kris took careful steps towards Tao’s room, trying not to spill the hot tea. When he reached the door, he tapped on it lightly.

“Tao. I’ve got your tea.”

No reply.

“Tao?”

Silence.

“Tao? Are you in there?”

Not getting a response, Kris was starting to get worried. He raised a fist, ready to pound to door when it flung open. His eyes widened in surprise at the sight in front of him and struggled not to drop the tea he was holding.

“Oh my God Tao, what’s happened!?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello everyone! Here I am with another pathetic update (SORRY TT-TT )

I read all the lovely comments that yu guys wrote, and I do agree - Kris's reaction was a bit off! (I should have paid more attention to him - SORRY KRIS!!)

So to make it up, I wrote this little chapter! (I wrote this whilst babysitting at 2am, so I'm sorry for the mistakes and repeating words/phrases!)

I love you all and thank you so much for reading!!!!!~~~    <33