Confessions

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

It’s Tao’s choice if he wants to tell you or not. We can’t force him to do anything he doesn’t want to do. Now let’s just leave it at that. Join us later when you’re finished…

Tao’s steps echoed on the concrete stairs as he and Suho made their way up to EXO-K’s dorm. Tao had hold of his bag, even after Suho had offered multiple times to carry it for him. Suho’s phone went off a few times, but the guardian didn’t bother looking at it. He already knew who it was from and what they wanted.

“Tao?” Suho asked, stopping him before he reached the door.

“Yeah hyung…”

The uncomfortable tone in Tao’s reply told Suho that the boy didn’t want to talk about it. He probably had to deal with the other members asking him continuous questions. Instead of asking him if everything was alright; which it definitely wasn’t, Suho put a hand on his shoulder.

“Tell someone how you feel.”

And without another word, Suho put his key in door and flung it open.

“We’re here--”

Everyone was in a circle on the living room floor with a pack of card in the middle; apart from D.O who was in the kitchen and HunHan who were in Kai and Sehun’s shared room. The focus was torn from the card to the people who had walked in. Kai bounced up off the floor along with Chanyeol and skipped over to them.

“Tao!”

“TAO! You’re here!”

“We thought you weren’t coming!”

“Are you ok?!”

The attention made Tao angry and he wished he hadn’t bothered coming. He should have just stayed in bed.

“HEY! Back off!” Suho told the hyper ones, seeing Tao’s awkward expression.

Kai pouted but ignored the leader’s command and wrapped his arms around Tao’s waist.

“I missed you…” He said into Tao’s hair and Tao could help but give a little laugh.

“So did I,” Tao answered quietly and gave Kai a pat on the head. Chanyeol smiled creepily and wrapped both maknaes into a tight ‘bear hug’. Both squealed and begged for release but Chanyeol only held them tighter. It wasn’t until Suho saw Tao turn blue and Kai gasp for air when he gave Chanyeol a tap on the shoulder.

“I think that’s enough Chanyeol…” he said calmly.

“Yeah, you big giant!” Baekhyun piped up, tugging at Chanyeol’s sleeve. “It’s my turn now!”

Chanyeol gave one final squeeze and let them go with a huff. Kai dropped to the floor dramatically, crying out that Chanyeol tried to kill him whilst Tao tried to regain his breath. Chanyeol tutted and carried Kai back to the rest of the members in the living room with Suho following behind him. Baekhyun approached Tao and smoothed out his hair.

“Hey Tao…” he said softly with a smile.

Tao smiled back and rested his head in Baekhyun’s hand. “It’s good to see you hyung.”

“And you too, Tao.”

Baekhyun bit his lip, wanting to ask Tao a question but was worried how the Chinese maknae would react.

“I know you are sick of people asking this; but I just wanted to know. Are you feeling better?”

Tao rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to reply.

“Answer me truthfully though!” Baekhyun added with a cheeky grin.

Tao smiled and nodded his head. “I am a little better now I’m here.”

Locking his arms around Tao, Baekhyun gave a little cry of happiness.

“Good. We’ll talk later…”

Tao cringed but agreed; not wanting to hurt his hyung’s feelings and Baekhyun took his hand and led him to the sofa. Baekhyun threw himself on the sofa and pulled Tao on his lap. Tao was a lot taller that shortie-Baek, so was a little awkward but Baekhyun was happy and pulled him in close. Chanyeol gave them a disapproving glare but that was interrupted when Chen gave him a kick in the shin.

“OWWW! Chen-Chen that hurt~” Chanyeol cried cutely manly

The rest of the group laughed apart from Xuimin, who pouted.

“He’s my Chen-Chen – not yours!”

Chen chuckled, ruffling Xuimin’s hair and Chanyeol stuck his tongue out.

“Aren’t you going to teach us poker Channie?”

Chanyeol’s eyes lit up and he clapped his hands like a madman.

“Yes Yes!” He all but screamed and shuffled onto the floor. “Everyone get in a circle and I’ll explain the rules…”

They formed a perfect circle; Lay next to Suho, Tao, Baekhyun, Chen and then Chanyeol. Xuimin went off the help D.O in the kitchen, so he could learn how to cook for the M-members when they were away in China. Kai was with them to make sure nothing ‘funny’ happened.

After a couple of explanations; twice for Tao in Chinese and three times for ‘Grandpa’, they were ready to play. The majority voted not to play with money to start with, but with marbles first and to progress to small change when Chanyeol thought they were good enough. None of them were good at the beginning, apart from Chanyeol and Lay. Chanyeol had been playing poker when he was a trainee with other trainees and Lay is just very smart, so he picked it up very quickly. Baekhyun lost all his marbles very quickly and he made it his mission to try and make everyone loose as well. He started with Suho, who followed his rubbish advice but this was stopped when Lay butted in.

HunHan were very quiet, which was a little strange but nobody seemed to notice. However, shouts could be heard from the kitchen; most of them being at Kai for pinching food and D.O giving him a whack round the back of his head. Gradually the scent of D.O‘s famous Kimchi spaghetti wafted through the dorm and stomachs rumbled him harmony. After a little while, Kai came bouncing in saying that it was time to eat. He disappeared to go and find HunHan and the rest went off into the kitchen to receive their dinner.

Just as Xuimin served the leader the first plate of spaghetti, a blood-curdling scream erupted down the hallway. Suho left the plate on the side and rushed over with Lay behind him. Everyone else followed and seizing the opportunity, Chen picked up the spaghetti and a fork before going as well.

Kai was on the floor outside his shared room, holding his head and rocking back and forth. Lay crouched next to him and wrapped an arm around him.

“Kai-Baby, what happened?!”

Kai lifted his head and murmured.  “Luhan…Sehun… my bed… MY EYES!!!”

 Suho mentally face palmed, knowing that this situation was probably going to occur and told himself off for sending the innocent maknae to go get the ‘rabbits’. Suho angrily banged on the door.

“YA! GUYS! I don’t want to know what you are doing in there, but could you please NOT and come out cause it’s time for dinner…”

A small reply was heard and the others snickered. Suho picked up Kai with assistance from Lay and led him back to the kitchen. The others went back too, most of them in disgust and horror as their imaginations went wild. Tao, however burst into silent tears.

Everyone was in the kitchen helping themselves to Kimchi spaghetti when Baekhyun stopped and turned round to see Tao break down.

“Tao!” he cried held Tao close to his chest. Tao clutched at Baekhyun’s shirt desperately and let all his emotions out into his tears. He was frozen and Baekhyun had trouble moving him into his room. Baekhyun carried the baby panda as much as he could and lay him down into his bed. Tao was still crying uncontrollably when Baekhyun tucked the duvet around him and sat in front the bed, Tao’s fringe away from his face. Baekhyun began humming the tune of ‘Baby Don’t Cry’ and gently patting Tao’s back in time.

After a while, Tao’s tear stopped flowing and turned into little sobs. He hiccupped a couple of times and Baekhyun gave him a warm smile.

“Tao baby…” he called softly.    

Tao blinked at him a couple of times and sighed.

“Sorry hyung.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “You only need to be sorry if you’ve hurt someone…”

“But I’ve--”

NOT hurt anyone. Yes, you haven’t hurt anyone, so don’t apologise!”

Tao smiled and shut his eyes. “Thanks hyung.”

Baekhyun huffed and poked Tao’s nose. “I will only accept your apology if you tell me what’s up…”

Tao snapped his eyes open. “There’s nothing to tell.”

“Yes there is and we both know it!”

Tao cleared his throat and rubbed his eyes. He buried deeper under the duvet and began to tell Baekhyun everything…

Tao loves his Grandpa. His heart-warming smile and the smell of ginger and cigarettes on his clothes made Tao comfortable. Tao gets on with his Mother and Father but not as much as he does his Grandpa. Being his father’s father, Tao’s Grandpa had boyish attitude and Tao remembers playing lots of games with him; outside in the woods and traditional board games too. Tao has older cousins, but being the only boy he has a special bond with his Grandpa. He went to his Grandpa whenever he had any trouble or when he argues with his parents. Tao’s Grandpa was always there for him; giving him good advice and always cheering him up. He was there to support Tao when he entered the SM Auditions and on his big move to Korea. Tao sent his Grandpa pictures, letter and emails when he was away. Even calling him occasionally. The doubts Tao had when he was training, his Grandpa would wash away and push him forward. Tao loves his Grandpa more than anyone else in the world and he didn’t know how to cope without his Grandpa…

Tao cried harder after explaining to Baekhyun about his Grandpa. Yeah, it didn’t sound like much; but his Grandpa was his world. It was hard enough for Tao to be miles away from his Grandpa and finding out about his death was a stab in the chest. Tao felt empty and lost, knowing that his Grandpa wouldn’t be around for him anymore.

“I’ll be around for you…” Baekhyun held Tao in his arms tucked in his bed.

Just then there was a tap on the door and Suho walked in, holding two plates of hot Kimchi spaghetti. He went over and sat on the end of the bed.  Baekhyun gave him a small smile.

“Hey, I thought you guys would be hungry…”

“Thanks hyung.” Baekhyun shifted around to sit Tao up so he could eat.  “Come on Tao, you’ll feel better once you’ve eaten.”

Tao whined as Baekhyun moved him around, but Baekhyun gave him a poke in the ribs and he straightened up. Baekhyun wiped Tao’s wet face with the corner of his bed sheets and fixed his hair. Once Baekhyun had finished sorting out the Chinese maknae, Suho passed Tao a plate and he took it without a fuss. Tao tucked into the spaghetti and gave a small moan of satisfaction. Both Baekhyun and Suho chuckled and Tao couldn’t help but smile with them.  Baekhyun snatched the other plate and was almost inhaling his spaghetti.

“Is everything ok now Tao?” Suho asked.

Tao shrugged. “Not really, but I feel a little better.”

Suho nodded and looked to the floor. He knew better than to push the boy into telling him something he didn’t want to.

But Tao felt sorry for not speaking to at least one of the leaders. He finished a mouthful of spaghetti and spoke up.

“It’s Grandpa,” Tao whispered, choking on his tears a little and Suho was worried. “He’s gone.”

Suho sighed and patted Tao’s foot as more tears began to fall silently.  “It will be ok. We are here for you Tao.”

Tao only nodded and carried on eating.

~*~

Baekhyun thought it would be a good idea if Tao had a rest alone before joining the others. But Tao didn’t want to be alone, so Baekhyun stayed. Suho went back to the others after being pleaded by Lay, who were sitting on the floor quietly. Everyone had finished eating and by the time HunHan had finished cleaning themselves up, it was coming up to 11pm.

Baekhyun and Tao went to join the group after they rested and found them having a ‘movie’ fight.  

“No! No scary movies!”

“Yes come on, you can’t watch Porro for the rest of your life!”

“Do you want a bet?!”

“HEY! Calm it everyone! Let’s just vote on it…”

“I VOTE PORRO!”

“So do I~”

“No way – Horror! Horror! Horror!” Chanyeol chanted.

They all voted for watching a horror film apart from a squealing maknae, a hesitant unicorn, streaky bacon and porro-obssesed Kai. Chanyeol ordered everyone to bring pillows and blankets all in the living room so they could build a fort to sit under and Xuimin went to grab some snacks.

A little while and a pillow fight later, the fort was destroyed and the snacks were running low. But at least everyone was settled in their nightwear and had made themselves comfortable in the mound of bedding, ready for the film to start.

Just as they wanted, it was a horror film. A horrible horror film; which the maknae trio were far too young to be watching. Suho frowned disapprovingly at the DVD case and gave Chanyeol a scolding for being so irresponsible; which he got a ‘shushing’ from everyone. It started off alright and it was a bit dark and mysterious. But then things started to get ‘mature’ and Tao found his vision was blocked by Baekhyun’s hands.

“Hyung~” he whined. “I can’t see~”

“And a good thing too…” Baekhyun growled.

Blood and bones exploded everywhere and everyone jumped. D.O rushed off to bathroom to chuck up and Chen and Chanyeol just started at in awe. Suho, Kai, Luhan and Xuimin had fallen asleep and left the younger ones to fend for themselves. Baekhyun screamed and squeezed Tao tight when a masked man swung his axe to chop off the woman’s leg.

“Tao, pass us the crisps.” Lay called and Tao threw the bowl over, missing the sleeping old man on Lay’s lap.

“There’s none left…”

Lay pouted. “But I’m hungry…”

“But everyone’s eaten everything in the dorm” Baekhyun told him with a shrug.

“Hey Tao, didn’t we have any food in our dorm?”

“We might do Gege, but I’m not sure. Didn’t you take it all?”

Lay shook his head. “We left some for Kris--”

“Then go get it!” Chanyeol cried, not taking his eyes off the screen.

Lay sighed and got up, carefully resting Suho’s head on a pillow. “Is anyone going to come with me?” he asked.

The four awake members shook their heads in unison and D.O could be heard throwing up again. Lay slipped on his trainers and left, not caring he was in his unicorn pjs.  It was well past midnight and nobody but them would be up at this hour.

“Be quick!” Chen shouted and Lay slammed the door.

Muttering to himself, Lay stomped down the dark stairs and pounded on the door to his dorm.

“Kris? Are you in there? I just need to get some food...”

The hall buzzed with the vibrations of Lay’s voice and the darkness swelled around him. Lay felt a shiver run down his spine and suddenly felt scared.

“Kris!” He called out again. “Please let me in~”

Silence.

Lay face-palmed himself at his own stupidity.

Of course he would answer the door, you turnip. He’s asleep!

Lay thought about going back to K’s dorm and fetching his key, but then he remembered the spare key. Kris said that hiding a key under the doormat was lame, so they hid a spare key in the doormat. Peeling back the rubber at the bottom, Lay found the key taped on and took it off.

He quietly unlocked the door and creeped in.

“Kris?” He whispered.

No lights were on and Lay couldn’t see a light coming from Kris’s room, so he assumed that Kris was asleep in his bed. Tip-Toeing to the kitchen, Lay pulled his phone out his pants (what?!) and began rummaging through the cupboards.

Lay had pulled out all the snacks he could find and made a mound in the kitchen floor. Sending Baekhyun a quick text to tell him about his success, Lay locked it and shoved it back in his pants (really?!) .

He was about to scoop it all up and make a run for it, but he heard a deep growl and the creaking of floorboards. Lay gulped. He slowly stood up and glanced in the direction where the noise came from. He couldn’t see anything, so he bent down to try and pick everything up again. Something growled again louder than before and Lay thought he could sense something watching him.

“Kris?” he whispered into the darkness, but it replied with nothing.

“Please~” Lay tried again, “Come out”

Lay held his breath and waited for a sign, but nothing came. He exhaled in relief and squirmed when he felt his phone vibrate (inappropriate!!)

He reached down into his pants when something grabbed his wrist.

“SH***************************T!”

Lay wrenched his wrist away from the hand and threw a random punch into space hoping to hit whatever touched him.

“TAKE THAT MOTHERF*CKER~” He yelled into the darkness. “Stay the hell away or I’ll--”

“LAY! What in the actual ?!”

Instantly the lights came on and Lay found himself standing alone in the kitchen, prepared to strike again with snacks at his feet.

Kris was standing by the light switch in his Angry Bird dressing gown and wearing his worst -face ever. Lay gulped and took a hesitant step back.

“What are you doing back here Lay?” Kris growled.

“N-Nothing Leader~” Lay stuttered.

Kris gestured to the snacks. “Doesn’t look like nothing to me…”

“They wanted snacks~!” Lay blurted it out in fear. His knees were shaking and he thought he was going to pass out – Kris was just too ing scary and Lay wanted to get out of their as fast as he could.

Kris rolled his eyes and chuckled. “It was Chanyeol wasn’t it?”

Lay nodded and gathered the snacks into his arms.

“Wait!” Kris snarled and Lay dropped everything (god, this must be getting annoying now~)

“Who said you could take those” Kris sneered at Lay and pointed at the packets of Hello Panda scattered on the floor.

Kris stalked towards Lay like a hunting wild cat – sharp teeth showing as well. Lay squealed and held his hands up.

“Please Kris~” Lay squeaked. “I thought you were asleep~”

Kris raised his bushy eyebrows in amusement at Lay’s excuse and growled menacingly.

“Speak to me formally peasant!”

Lay whimpered and sunk to the floor. “Forgive me Kris~” he begged.

Kris stood towering over him and smiled evilly.

“I’ll make you pay for your mistakes…” he grinned and pulled a large knife from behind his back.

“Say Goodbye Lay~”

Lay screamed as loud as he could (he probably burst a lung) and started crying. He started hyperventilating and suddenly he passed out.

Lay’s body slumped to the floor and Kris cracked up laughing!

“Holy !” he cried and held his sides to stop them from splitting.

Kris ran to the bathroom to try and gather himself together and returned after a few minutes to find Lay still on the floor.

Kris sighed and lifted the unicorn up and slung him over his shoulder. He stumbled out of the dorm and made his way upstairs to the others. Kris gave the door a soft tap and it opened instantly.

“Hey what took you so – KRIS!!”

Kris shoved Baekhyun out the way with his free hand and went over to the couch, where he laid Lay (lol) down.

The members who were still awake went over to the passed out dancer and gave Kris confused expressions.

Chanyeol poked Lay’s cheek and gave a sniff of disgust.

“Eww! Kris he smells bad – What they hell did you do to him!?”

__________________________________________________________________________

 

AYO WASSUP~!

Oh bl**dy h*ll what is?! I haven't updated since last year!! And I come back with this sh*t?!?! Seriously~?

Oh yeah~

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR~!!!

For like ages ago~~~

Well, I wanted to add this chappie on Christmas but it wasn't complete yet and Christmas got in the way~ and New Years' too~

This is a cr*appy long assed chapter AND I'M SOOOO SORRY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <3

Hello to New Subbies~! I love you~!

Note: I'm going in for a spinal operation on Wednesday :( so that means I won't be around for a couple of weeks~ I want to carry on writing, but I won't do much until I am fully recovered~ idk - they said I would be weak for weeks (LOL!) and might have to be in a wheelchair~ (!!!)

Anyway~~