Disappointment

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

Oh God. Kris gulped. Now what?

“Gege~! Bbuing Bbuing~!”

Kris bit the inside of his cheeks, trying to stop himself from reacting. Tao and his famous agyeo. There was no escaping. It was just too cute. 

“Gege~” Tao whined, puffing out his cheeks. “I’ll do it again!”

“Don’t you dare!”

“Bbuing Bbuing~!”

“AWW! How CUTE!” The old woman cooed. She reached over the counter and grabbed Tao’s cheeks between her thumb and forefinger, pinching them tightly.  Kris took a step back and tried to hold back his laughter. Tao was in shock; squealing and squirmed under the woman’s hold.

“Ah-jumma~”

“AWW! You are such a sweetie!”

The old woman let go of Tao’s face and patted his head like a dog. Tao saw his escape and cowered behind Kris, far away from the old woman. Kris laughed and handed over the money respectfully but the woman shook her head.

“I’ll give it to you for free; this boy is just too cute~” The old woman made her way around the counter towards Tao with her arms wide open. Tao shrieked and hid under Kris’s coat. The woman laughed, her face drawn with laughter lines and Kris removed Tao from his coat.

“Thank you so much! Tao, what do you say?”

Tao held the woman’s hands and bowed 90 degrees. “Thank you.” He said cutely.

“Give her a kiss.”

“WHAT?!”

Kris glared at him, giving him a hard kick in the shin and Tao winced in pain. The old woman’s eyes brightened in happiness and clasped her hands together in delight.

“Oh. Yeah, sure.”

“Such a sweet boy…”

Tao gave the woman a gentle hug, not wanting to hurt her frail body and the woman put her arms around his neck in return. As Tao pulled back, he sweetly kissed the woman’s rosy cheek. She was wearing a very elderly perfume and Tao thought he could taste it on the tip of his tongue. He bowed and thanked her once again.

The old woman gushed and patted his shoulders. “You’re very welcome sweet! Now you boys go and sit down and I’ll bring the drinks over.” She gestured towards a couple table tucked away in the corner. They both bowed to her and went over, making themselves comfortable.

Kris sighed and removed his coat. “Happy now Tao?”

Tao slumped down into the chair and grinned. “Thank you Gege! Bbuing Bbuing~”

Kris shook his head and looked away. He had to stop giving into Tao’s agyeo. At least he wasn’t the only one who couldn’t resist it, and it did have its benefits.

After a little whole, the old woman carefully made her way over to the table holding a tray with their drinks. Kris stood up to assist her, but the woman had been doing this for years and she waved him off. Placing the drinks and Poolppang steady and skilfully in front of the boys, she smiled at Kris and ruffled Tao’s hair before going back behind the counter to clear up.

Kris took a sip of his black coffee and exhaled into his chair. Tao looked disgusted.

“Gege, how can you drink something so bitter?”

 “Easily.”

Tao shook his head and tasted his bubble tea.

Kris raised his eyebrows. “How can you drink something so sweet?”

Tao smirked. “I like sweet things.”

“You should like these then.” Kris indicated to the Poolppang in front of them.

Tao tilted his head in confusion. “Gege, what are these~?”. He pinched one up and inspected it carefully.

“Poolppang. They’re like pancake dumplings”

Tao smiled and bit into it. His eyes lit up and gobbled the rest of it up.

Kris laughed. “I knew you’d like them”

Tao nodded in agreement and helped himself to another. Kris decided to have one as well, just before Tao ate the rest.

 Which he did.

Once they had finished and Kris has slipped a couple of notes between a menu, the couple headed back to the dorm. Tao was surprised how their light breakfast was filling and he prayed that the rest of the members were decent so he wouldn’t throw it all back up. He shuddered at the thought. Kris noticed and put his arm around Tao, pulling him into his chest.

“Cold?”

He wasn’t, but just then the wind began to pick up and found its way down the back of his neck.  Tao sniffed and Kris smiled.

Tao enjoyed his coffee morning with Kris. It was something that he never had chance to do often, because Kris was so busy planning with their manger and Tao had a tight schedule. It was nice for them to spend time together and just catch up. It wasn’t that they didn’t like the other’s company, but you learn more about a person when you spend alone time with them. Tao liked how Kris was such a caring and gentle person; someone completely different from his ‘-faced’ stage persona. He wanted to spend some more time with this ‘new Kris’.

“What are you doing today, Gege?”

Kris shrugged. “I had quite a few emails, but I didn’t read them properly. It’s probably manager booking our flights to China.”

Tao looked up at him. “We’re going to China?”

Kris shrugged again. “I don’t know. Like I said, I only glanced at it so I don’t know the full details.”

Tao pouted. Part of him wanted to go back to his home country, but he also wanted to stay and meet up with the K members. He missed his Baekhyunnie when they were away.

Kris ruffled his hair. “Don’t worry, it probably won’t be for a couple of weeks. You’ll still have time to relax and prepare.”

Tao sighed. “Does that mean you won’t hang out with me today?”

Kris shook his head. “Sorry Tao, maybe another time.”

Tao’s heart sank.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*/peeps round/*

hello? Remember me?

I am SO sorry that I have not updated for weeks! /slaps wrist/

I'm having problems with my life atm so it's been hard to get this going again and I am surprised I ACTUALLY finished this chapter!

I am sorry for being a cr*ppy author and writing cr*ppy stories and not updating for YEARS then giving you guys cr*appy chapter */falls down and cries heart out/*

To my sweet subscribers and silent readers, PLEASE FORGIVE ME~ ;A;  

<3