Tears

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

Both were silent.

They just stood there, outside the café looking through the window at the other two locking lips.

What did I tell you? You’re going to have to trust me more Tao…

“No…” Tao whispered in fear to the voice and Baekhyun turned to him.

Tao gasped. Baekhyun way crying.

“Gege, what’s wrong…”He reached to wipe the tears away but Baekhyun slapped his hand away.

“Let’s just go,”

Spinning round and rushing to the exit, Tao ran to keep up with Baekhyun and clasped hold of his hand. Baekhyun slowed down a little and gave Tao’s hand a little squeeze.

“It’s okay Tao…”

Well, we both know that’s a lie~

The voice was taunting him again and Tao suddenly felt a cold shiver down his spine.

Have you noticed, Tao? That whenever anyone tells you it’s okay; it never is?

“We’ll get the bus…” Baekhyun muttered. “Go home. Have hot chocolate there and have a nap…”

Tao couldn’t tell if Baekhyun was talking to himself or not, but it was scaring him. He kept shivering and Tao just wanted him to stop walking for a moment.

“Baekhyun-Gege…”

“It’s okay Tao,” Baekhyun replied quickly. “We’ll eat when we get back… I’m sure Kyungsoo wouldn’t mind making you something--”

He’s hurt.

“What’s up Baekhyun-Gege?”

“Nothing Tao-ah,” Baekhyun told him, not making eye contact.

You must have hurt him, Tao. Well done.

~*~                                    

Kris pulled back, surprised.

“Chanyeol, I--”

But before Kris could speak, Chanyeol put his face in his hand and burst into tears.

“I’m sorry Kris,” Chanyeol sobbed. “I-I didn’t mean too! I-I don’t know what came over me, I just…”

Kris put a finger to Chanyeol’s lips.

“You’re confused Chanyeol,” Kris whispered to him, “Kissing me isn’t going to help”

Chanyeol nodded. “Are you mad with me?”

“No,” Kris shook his head, “Never. It’s just I’m not Baekhyun, Chanyeol. You should be kissing him not me,”

Reaching for a napkin, Kris wiped away the tears from Chanyeol’s cheeks and smiled at him.

“Are you saying I should tell him then, hyung?”

“I would if I had the chance…”

~*~

They were quiet on the bus back to the dorms. Baekhyun was quiet, his tears were quiet and the bus was quiet. Everything was quiet apart from the voices in Tao’s head.

They’re going to confess when they get back.

Everyone’s going to be happy.

Kris will spend forever on the phone to Chanyeol, just like Luhan is to Sehun.

He won’t want to spend time with you.

Well, who would want to spend time with you?

You never told him you like him, now you’ll never get the chance.

You lost.

Tao felt his skin prickle at the harshness of the voices.

Harsh but true.

“I don’t know why I’m crying, Tao. I’m sorry.” Baekhyun finally said.

Tao only nodded and put his arm around his smaller GeGe.

“It hurt to see him kiss Kris. What does that mean?”

“Do you like him, Baekhyun-Gege?”

“Of course Tao!” Baekhyun turned to him in shock.

“Do you like him in the same way as you like me?”

“…I don’t know…”

“Do you want to kiss Chanyeol?”

Baekhyun blushed. “Maybe…”

Tao giggled, “Then do you want to kiss me?”

Baekhyun studied Tao’s face and grimanced. “It’d be too weird…”

Laughing at Baekhyun’s expression, Tao continued. “But kissing Chanyeol wouldn’t be weird?”

Baekhyun bit his lip as he thought about it. “No…”

“Then you like him, Gege~!” Tao beamed.

“But isn’t liking your donsang wrong? And he’s a guy, Tao…”

 Tao shook his head. “Love is blind,”

Baekhyun chuckled and lightly hit his shoulder. “Since when did you get so mature Panda-Bear?”

Tao blushed and Baekhyun ruffled his hair.

“Tao,” Baekhyun whispered. “Doesn’t it hurt you too? See Kris kiss Chanyeol?”

It hurts so much

But no one will understand your pain, Tao.

~*~

Kyungsoo was at peace for the first time since EXO had been informed about their break. Everyone was settled; Jongin and Sehun were playing video games with Luhan cheering them on, Suho was trying to teach Lay chess and the rest EXO-M back in their own dorm.

Kyungsoo sat on the sofa with a nice mug of tea and watched Suho explain to Lay for the nth time what the King was for.

“So he doesn’t really do anything?”

“Well, he does. Sort of. He’s really important!”

“But he doesn’t do anything!”

“He does--”

“Yeah, he just stands there looking pretty while everyone else kills themselves trying to protect him~”

“That’s not--”

“Surely that should be the Queen’s job?”

Suho paused.

“Isn’t that ist?” Kyungsoo asked.

“The King is more important than the Queen. You have to keep the King safe or you’ll lose” Suho told Lay.

“Surely that’s more ist Suho; saying men are more important than women.” Lay argued.

“But--”

“This is such a ist game,”

“I DIDN’T MAKE THE BLEEDING GAME UP~!” Suho snapped.

“I give up,” Suho threw his hands in the air. “I swear you’re worse than Chanyeol…”

“Hey! That’s an insult!” Lay pouted.

“Play an easier game,” Kyungsoo sipped his tea. “How about ‘Go Fish’?”

“Let’s~!” Lay cheered. “No one will ever play with me when we’re in China…”

“I wonder why,” Suho grumbled, getting up to find a pack of cards. “It’s such a boring game…”

Lay opened his mouth to protest but suddenly the door crashed open and a fuming mad Baekhyun flew in. Suho dropped the cards he was holding and Kyungsoo jumped, spilling some of his tea in his lap. Even the game music from the other room stopped for a moment.

Baekhyun kicked off his shoes and stomped into the living room. He looked behind him, waiting for Tao to follow. The Chinese maknae came in a calmer mood; placing his shoes neatly nest to Baekhyun’s and shuffled towards him.

“Tao is staying with us.” Baekhyun announced to the room.

Glancing at Kyungsoo in confusion, Suho cleared his throat.

“Why?”

“Because Kris is a .” Baekhyun said bluntly.

Kyungsoo frowned. “That’s not very nice…”

“It’s the truth.” Baekhyun simple stated. “And I don’t want Tao to be around him.”

“What has Kris done?” Lay asked worried at Tao, who was just staring at his feet the entire time.

“He’s just being a stupid and heartless jerk!” Baekhyun screeched. “And Chanyeol too!”

With that, Baekhyun ran to his room in tears, slamming the door behind him.

You know this is all your fault, don’t you?

Tao couldn’t help but cry then and there. The voice was telling truth.

Like always…

Completely forgetting about the split tea, Kyungsoo rushed over and embraced the boy in a tight hug.

“Panda, what’s wrong?”

Before Tao could answer they heard a key turn in the door and Chanyeol stepped in, grinning from ear to ear.

“Hey guys, how is everyone?”

~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta-Da! Who wants another cr*ppy chapter? /throws self down stairs/

So many awesome subbies and beautiful comments it makes me cry~ ;A;

I love you guys so much and I'm sorry. Forgive me? Please? <3

(Loving Lee Hi atm~ wrote this chapter to this song on repeat for hours~)

(omg my Tao feel~! He's SO HOT~!!) /drools