Voices

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

“It was hot having you in my bed.”

“When Baekhyun and I sleep together, he never sweats this much.”

Tao cupped the ice cold water and splashed it over his face. He couldn’t believe what he had heard. Had Chanyeol and Kris been sleeping together?

Tao stared at his reflection and sighed. His eyes were bloodshot and swollen; it was obvious to anyone that he had been crying. He couldn’t help it, he liked Kris and although Tao didn’t know if Kris was gay or not he thought he was getting somewhere with him. They got on like a house on fire and Tao was sure Kris would find out his feelings for the leader sometime soon.

Like that was going to happen now.

Tao tugged at his hair in frustration. Where were the voices coming from? The sounded like him, but they were telling him facts that he had never thought of before.

Were they even facts? Of course they are.

He shook his head and splashed his face again. Tao told himself that he shouldn’t be crying over this; he should be stronger. He would’ve been able to overlook this, so why wasn’t he?

Grabbing the hand towel off the rack, Tao dried his face and smoothed out his hair. He wanted to go talk to Kris about this, knowing the leader would tell him what to do. Tao didn’t feel like bothering Baekhyun with more of his problems and Kris was the next best solution.

Taking a deep breath in Tao left the bathroom and went over to Chanyeol’s room. He stood outside, pressing his ear to the door but he couldn’t hear anything.

Maybe they’re kissing?

Tao shuddered at the voice and tapped on the door.

“Come in,” Kris deep voice rumbled. It made Tao smile and he peeped in.

Then he caught sight of them.

Told you~!

Just as quickly as the smile had appeared, it dropped and Tao felt like he had been stabbed. Chanyeol looked in the bed, Kris topless and they were intimately hugging.

“Hey you, is everything okay?” Kris asked.

Tao’s gulped, chocking back the hot tears forming in his eyes and nodded.

“Breakfast…” Tao mumbled and shut the door quickly.

He leaned against the opposite wall and repeated banged his head.

What did I say? The voice said. They did sleep together.

Tao let out a small sob. God, he was stupid. Kris could do whatever he wanted, it wasn’t up to Tao. Kris wasn’t his and would never be.

“Hey there you are~! Are they coming?” Baekhyun shuffled over to him.

Tao quickly rubbed his eyes, wiping away the tears on his sleeve. He glanced at the door and back at Baekhyun.

“Yeah they’re just changing…”

Baekhyun tilted his head and frowned. “What’s up?”

Tao sniffed and shook his head. “Nothing, why?”

“Your eyes are red,” Baekhyun said softly. “Have you been crying?”

“No! I’ve got a headache that’s all,” Tao replied defensively

“Do you want something for it?”

“Nah, I’ll sleep it off later…”

Baekhyun nodded and gave him a comforting pat on his shoulder.

“Hey, fancy doing anything today?” Baekhyun asked.

Tao shrugged. He just wanted to do something that would get rid of this feeling.

“Channie and I were thinking about going to a theme park or something? How about it?”

Tao swallowed the pain that rose within him at the sound of Chanyeol’s name. “Sure.” He said with a smile.

“Good Good~! I’ll just go get them…”

“Wait--”

Baekhyun passed Tao and was about to open the door when Chanyeol stepped out. Fully dressed, thankfully.

“Hey Channie~!” Baekhyun greeted him. “Do you want to go to the theme park today?”

Chanyeol beamed, “Yeah course~! Is it just us?” he asked hopefully.

Baekhyun pouted and pulled Tao under his arm. “Can I bring my panda too~?”

Chanyeol chuckled and ruffled Tao’s hair, “If I can bring my dragon too…”

Oh crap…

“I am not your dragon Chanyeol…” Kris growled.

Chanyeol turned to Kris then to Baekhyun.  “I think that’s a yes Baekie~!”

Brilliant.

~*~

Going to an amusement park in autumn was both a good idea and a bad idea. For starters; there was hardly anyone there, so no there were no long queues to the rides. But the reason why people didn’t come was because it was SO COLD~! Frost coated the paths and little crystals twinkled on the edges of leaves in the late morning sun. As beautiful as it was, the cold air echoed though their chests and freezing their breath.

To Tao though, the cold was the least of his problems.

Kris seemed pretty close to Chanyeol; giving him pats on the back and constantly asking if he was okay. Tao felt jealous Kris was paying more attention to Chanyeol rather than him and it hurt. Call him selfish, but he felt empty when Kris wasn’t near him.

However, Baekhyun was ecstatic. He kept jumping around and skipping round the park, gawping at high rides.

“Hey everyone~ Let’s ride this one!” Baekhyun cried, pointing at the ‘Death Drop’.  

Chanyeol in breath as he watched the people trapped in a line; rise high into the sky until they were only a small speck. His heartbeat increased rapidly and waited for the drop. The countdown started and he heard Baekhyun count down with it. Reaching zero; nothing happened. Chanyeol was about to panic that the people would be stuck there forever and clutched Kris’s hand in fright but then the ride dropped. The screams of the people (and Baekhyun for some reason) echoed around the park and Chanyeol was certain that he wasn’t going to go on any big rides today…

“What’s up Channie?” Kris whispered, glancing at their connected hands.

“I – I don’t like the ride…”

“Well, we don’t have to go on it--”

“GUYS I WANT TO GO ON IT~!” Baekhyun screeched and clutched Tao’s arm, dragging him towards the ride.

Tao turned back to see if Kris and Chanyeol were following, but found them standing together whispering something. He stood still and frowned slightly at their hands. Baekhyun noticed the panda had spotted something and he stopped on his tracks.

“Yeolie~? Are you coming?”

Chanyeol shook his head and Baekhyun skipped over to them.

“What’s up?”

“I don’t like big rides Baekhyunnie~”

“Aw, Channie why didn’t you say?!”

Tao rolled his eyes and the fluff and stared off into the distance.

“I’ve got an idea,” Kris spoke up. “How about we split up?”

Tao’s eyes widen in shock. He doesn’t want to be near you...

The voices.

You and Tao can go on the big rides and Chanyeol and I will go on whatever…”

To Tao’s surprise, Baekhyun agreed.

“Yes, lets. It’ll be not fun when Channie’s not smiling~” He cooed, reaching up to pinch Chanyeol’s blushing cheeks.

“So it’s settled, we’ll meet you guys up for Lunch later okay?”

“Fine fine, come on Tao~!”

Before Tao could in, Baekhyun had him by the shoulders and was pushing in towards the ride.

~*~

“Oh my god that was awesome~!” Baekhyun ran down the steps and held his hands out for Tao.

They had just come off their 5th roller-coaster of the day and Tao thought he was going to be sick.

“Baekhyun- GeGe~ I’m hungry~” he whined. Honestly, he just wanted to see Kris. They had spent hours apart and Tao didn’t trust him with Chanyeol anymore.

“Aigoo~ my child, let’s go eat…”

They walked in silence to the café where they agreed to meet Chanyeol and Kris.

“Tao-ah,” Baekhyun linked arms with him, “Is everything okay between you and Kris?”

Tao stiffened. “What makes you say that GeGe?”

Baekhyun shrugged, “I just noticed how upset you looked earlier, when he went off with Channie…”

Tao nodded. His eyes were starting to water and the thought of what those two might be up too.

They slept together last night, they can do whatever. Kris’s isn’t yours. He never will be. Why would he want you when he has Chanyeol…

“Are you going to tell me what’s up?”

I bet they’re kissing…

“Baekhyun –GeGe, I…”

You know it Tao, they’re in love…

“It’s okay, you can tell me…”

“I like him, Baekhyun-Gege. I like him a lot…”

~*~

“How long for?”

“Just before debut,” Chanyeol replied. 

Kris nodded and took a sip of his coffee. They were sitting in the café, waiting for Baekhyun and Tao to turn up. They had enough of walking around and decided to get coffee early and talk.

“What do I do Kris, am I crazy?”

“No,” Kris said firmly, “No way. You can’t help who you fall for…”

Chanyeol crossed his arms and sniffed. “But he’s straight hyung, he’ll never like me the same way,”

“He might one day,” Kris soothed. “You never know,”

Chanyeol stared into his hot chocolate. “Shall I tell him Hyung?”

“I don’t know Chanyeol,” Kris stirred his coffee. “You might break your friendship if you do,”

Chanyeol sighed and wiped his eyes. “I don’t want that…”

“Of course you don’t,” Kris leaned forward and cupped Chanyeol’s face in his hands. “But you can’t keep lying to yourself. It’s not fair on you…”

Chanyeol gazed deep into the sincerity of Kris’s eyes and his heart melted. This soft and sensitive side of Kris was amazing and how he held Chanyeol’s face was just perfect.

Completely lost to his feelings, Chanyeol edged forward slightly and couldn’t help but kiss Kris’s sweet lips.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh sh*t, I haven't updated in over a MONTH and then I produce this stupid-excuse for a chapter?? fml...

And I look at the number of subscribers I have for this horrible story and it makes me cry~ You guys are so special to me and I wish I could do something to make it up to you~ I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU~~~!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anyway, I don't know where this story is going so yeah, it's probably going to get sh*tter and sh*tter...

Oh, do you guys listen to other music apart from KPop?

I've been listening my Pierce the Veil album on repeat whilst writing this, so if you want to you can check them out here

I hope you guys have a wonderful day and hopefully my story hasn't been off-putting :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx