Choices

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

Multiple test were carried out on Lay to check that he and Kris weren’t playing an ‘I’m-pretending-to-be-dead-then-scare-the-cr*ap-out-of-you’ joke on them. It was concluded that Lay had indeed passed out cold and they all began discussing ways to wake him up.

“How about we crash something loud next to his head?!”

“And wake up my sleeping LuLu in the process?! No way!”

“Eww what a cheesy pet name…”

“Screw you Baekhyun – it’s not like you don’t have pet names for Chanyeol!”

“That’s Baekhyun-hyung to you squirt!”

“Could you guys please stop!” Kris growled. “We need to revive Lay before Suho wakes up and beats the cr*p out of us…”

“You mean beat the cr*p out of you,” Chanyeol corrected him.

Kris scowled. “I don’t see you sprouting any useful ideas Chanyeol,”

“That’s because I haven’t got any,” Chanyeol shrugged.

Kris sighed and rolled his eyes. “Anyone got any other ideas?”

Sehun yawned and shook his head. “I’m going to sleep…”. He slipped away to sleeping Luhan and tucking himself in Luhan’s embrace.

Chen tutted at him, “Thanks for helping us out maknae”

“You’re welcome hyung” Sehun muttered and closed his eyes.

Tao giggled at Sehun’s remark and settled next to Baekhyun. “Can I go to sleep too hyung~” he whined.

“No!” Kris hissed. “I need everyone to pull together and help me out!”

“How about we dump ice water on him?” Chen suggested. “It always works on TV?”

“That’s stupid,” Baekhyun huffed. “You can’t believe everything you watch on TV you know…”

“Shhh Baekhyun,” Chanyeol hushed “This might actually work and be hilariously funny!”

Chen grinned proudly. “What do you think Kris?”

Kris rolled his eyes. “I think you are all idiots, now come on we need to make it look like Lay is asleep just in case Suho wakes up and we haven’t come up with a sensible idea…”

Lay was tossed and turned into numerous ‘sleeping’ positions and was sure to wake up with multiple bruises. After they accidently let go of him causing Lay to smack his head on the floor, Kris decided enough was enough and flipped Lay on his side, covering him in a pink unicorn blanket.

“There,” Kris showed the others, “Now no one will know!”

“Know what?”

Instantly, all 5 of them whipped round and gawped at the speaker.  Tao huddled closer to Baekhyun and hid his face, whilst Chen and Chanyeol slowly took steps backwards.

“Well?” Kyungsoo asked, hand on his hips in a motherly fashion.

Kris gulped. “Nothing…”

“Don’t tell me ‘nothing’, Kris” Kyungsoo scolded him. “Now spill!”

Kris bit his lower lip and looked sheepishly away. His eyes unknowingly darted towards Lay and Kyungsoo caught on.

“Kris, what did you do?”

“I told you, I didn’t do anything!”

Kyungsoo folded his arms and went over to Lay. He crouched down my Lay’s head and spoke to him.

“Lay? Lay are you awake?” Kyungsoo asked the sleeping unicorn and prodded its dimple.

Tao held his breath and nervously nudged Baekhyun. “Do you think Kris will die?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “I hope not…”

Kyungsoo stood up and glared at Kris, “You’ve knocked him out.”

“What?!” Kris cried. “No I didn’t!”

“Then why isn’t he responding?”

“Errrrrr… Lay’s a… heavy sleeper?”

“Bollocks.”

Chen spluttered and Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

“Don’t use that language Kyungsoo – Tao’s still awake!” Baekhyun told him.

Tao rolled his eyes and began to protest but he was hushed.

“That’s not important at the moment. What is important is that Kris has knocked Lay out!” Kyungsoo swatted Kris behind his head.

“But I told you, I didn’t--”

Kyungsoo swatted him again and stalked over to Chanyeol. Although Kyungsoo was about a foot shorter than him, the threatening anger boiling in Kyungsoo’s eyes struck Chanyeol with fear.

“Why didn’t you stop him?” Kyungsoo asked menacingly to Chanyeol.

“I couldn’t!” Chanyeol squeaked. “Lay went down to the other dorm and then Kris came back with him slung over his shoulder…”

Kyungsoo glared at Kris, “So you knocked him out when no one was watching!”

“For goodness sake Kyungsoo! I didn’t knock him out – he fainted!”

“Then why has he got a lump on his head?!”  

Kris pointed at Chanyeol. “It was him.”

“HEY!”

“Chanyeol?!”

“Lay’s heavier than he looks!”

Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol a puzzled look. “What are you doing carrying Lay?”

“Kris said to make it look like he was sleeping so no one would find out”

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows in shock, “You dropped him?!”

“I didn’t mean too! He’s heavy!”

“What if he gets concussion?!”

Baekhyun sighed. “He won’t Kyungsoo, just calm down!”

Kyungsoo glared at him. “I’ll calm down when I know I can trust you guys to behave without having to worry about you killing each other!!

“But we weren’t--”

“You know what?” Kyungsoo cut him off. “This is your mess – clear it up!”

“WHAT?!?”

“Lay needs to wake up. Wake him up.”

“But how?”

“I don’t know, get some water or something.”

“See!” Chanyeol grinned. “Told you! You obviously need to watch more television guys…”

Kris rolled his eyes and Kyungsoo groaned.

“So, where’s the bucket?” Kris asked Kyungsoo. Chanyeol and Chen moved away from the sofa that Lay was on and plonked themselves on the floor, waiting for the show to start.

“What do you need a bucket for?” Kyungsoo questioned.  

“To fill with water and dump on Lay, idiot.”

“Don’t call me an idiot! You’re the one who knocked him out! And you don’t need a bucket, just a cup will do.”

Chen whined. “But It’s funnier when it’s a lot of water~!”

“I said no! It will get the sofa wet!”

Kyungsoo went into the kitchen and the others could hear him turn on the tap. Kris looked around nervously decided to perch at the end of the sofa by Lay’s feet. Baekhyun sat up, pulling Tao close so the Chinese maknae was resting on his chest and it annoyed Kris. It was obvious to him that those two had spoken, now it seemed that those two got closer. Too close for Kris’s liking. He was relieved that Tao seemed brighter, despite the fact it was nearing 2am and it made him happier, but he didn’t like that it wasn’t him Tao spoke to. What was wrong with talking to him? Kris thought that they got on well together and Kris enjoyed being around Tao. Seeing Tao with Baekhyun and not himself was confusing him and he could feel his heart drop.

Kyungsoo came back moments later with a jug of water and a couple of ice cubes in it. Chanyeol sat up eagerly and Chen switched on his phone to record Lay waking up. Kyungsoo went over and crouched down in front of Lay’s sleeping face. Chen complained that he was in the way but Baekhyun told him to zip it. Kyungsoo began by flicking drops of ice water, then cupping a small amount into the palm of his hand and pouring it over Lay’s forehead.

“Oh my gawd Kyungsoo, stop trying to cleanse his soul!”  Kris huffed.

“I don’t want to make it unpleasant for him though…” Kyungsoo muttered.

Chanyeol had enough. Abruptly standing up, he snatched the jug from Kyungsoo’s weak hold and poured the water and ice over Lay in one swift flow. Lay instantly gasped, opening his mouth in shock and received a mouthful of water. He sat up and sprayed the water out, soaking Kris’s shirt. Without bothering to take a breath, Lay belted out bloody murder and the veins in the forehead started popping out. Kyungsoo retreated backwards, Tao covered his ears and Chen burst into laughter. Kris grimaced and looked towards the sleeping members. Sh*t, Suho’s going to have my balls on a platter… Lay stopped for half a second and was about to scream again when Kyungsoo covered his mouth. Everyone held their breath as they waited for the members to start waking up. For some unknown and un-natural reason, nobody stirred. It must have been because of the drinking games they played earlier. Lay’s eyes were wide open and scanning the room around him.  

“It’s okay Lay-Hyung, you’re in our dorm. Everything’s fine.” Kyungsoo soothed.

Lay squealed and pointed at Kris with watering eyes.

“It’s okay Lay, he’s not going to hurt you anymore.”

“For ’s sake I didn’t hurt him!”

Chanyeol jumped up and locked Kris’s arms behind his back.

“It’s alright Lay I’ve got hold of him~!”

“Let go of me Chanyeol!”

“No! You’ll hurt him again~!”

Baekhyun sighed and pushed Tao off him so he could get up. He went into the kitchen and bought back a glass of water.

“Why’d you get that Baekhyunnie, Lay’s awake now?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s for him to drink you giant idiot!” Baekhyun scoffed.

 Kyungsoo released Lay once he felt the dancer relax and wiped his saliva-covered hands on his trousers. He helped Lay sit up and took the glass from Baekhyun. Kyungsoo helped the unicorn take a steady sip before he asked.

“Lay-Hyung, what happened?”

Kyungsoo rubbed circles on Lay’s back as he explained. He told them about running out of snacks and being told that there were some in the other dorm. Lay described being scared and seeing shadows and then Kris jumping out on him. He went quiet and concluded that was all he could remember. Everyone was silent. They were expecting a major ‘Kris beat me~’ kick- but no.

“That was rubbish Lay-hyung,” Chen told him. “You are such a wet blanket~!”

Lay whimpered and Kyungsoo hugged him tightly.

“Shut up Chen, I’d bet you’d pass out too!” Kyungsoo said defensively.

Kris cleared his throat. “Erm, is anyone going to apologize to me?!”

They all looked at each other in turn with the same blank expression.

“Nope.”

~*~

An hour or so later, Kyungsoo had enough. He was tired and the place was a tip. To hell if the group though he was going to clean it up by himself in the morning. Kris and Tao had helped him put Suho into bed and Kai into Kyungsoo’s bed. He claimed it was so XiuChen could have his bed, but the others didn’t believe him. They thought it was just an excuse for a bit of spooning. Kris tried to help Sehun back into his bed, but he refused to leave his Luhannie alone and they stayed put on the floor.

“That’s it,” Kyungsoo announced. “Everyone. Go to sleep. I’m giving you 5 minutes then I’m turning the lights off.”

Kyungsoo whirled round and stomped off to his room. Kris sighed and went into the kitchen to get some water, with Chanyeol on his trail. Baekhyun yawned, throwing himself on the empty sofa and Tao curled up next to him. He pulled a spare blanket of them and smiled as his eyes began to droop.

Baekhyun shifted uncomfortably. “Tao, what are you doing?” he asked.

Tao yawned. “I’m going to sleep…”

“Not with him you aren’t!” Chanyeol growled, coming back into the room. Baekhyun tutted and Tao’s hair. He’s just too cute.

“Stop being a jealous Egg-yeol and come rest here,” Baekhyun pointed to a space on the floor.

Chanyeol pouted and went over to the spot, throwing a pillow down angrily. Chen had already gone to find sleeping Xuimin and picked him up bridal style.

“Baekhyun, can we sleep in your bed?” Chen asked.

“I thought you were sleeping in Kai’s bed?”

“No when it’s like that! The boy hasn’t changed his sheets for months and I hate to think what he’s been doing in there…”

“Okay okay, point taken. Hold on,” Baekhyun signalled to him. “Tao, do you want to sleep in a bed?”

Tao was at the gateway to dreamland and he shook his head. “I’m comfortable here Gege.”

“Yeah, take it.” Baekhyun replied to Chen, who thanked him and left.

Baekhyun was shifting Tao around so he was able to lie down when he noticed Kris standing alone.

“Kris, what are you doing?”

“I don’t know,” Kris admitted. “I think I might go back to the dorm,”

“Don’t be stupid Kris. Go sleep in Chanyeol’s bed,” he suggested.

Kris huffed, “Wouldn’t he get angry?”

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol to find him fast asleep on the floor.

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun spoke to the sleeping rapper, “Can Kris sleep in your bed?”

Chanyeol hummed. “Mmm…Kris…” He rolled over and started snoring.

Baekhyun giggled and Kris looked horrified. A bright blush formed on his cheeks, but Baekhyun didn’t seem to notice.

“See, now hurry up and get ready or Kyungsoo will kick your ~”

Kris wanted to reply with a snide remark about Baekhyun bossing him around and how Kyungsoo could try and kick his , but he went against it and went to Chanyeol’s room. Half way through undressing, the lights went out and the all the power was shut down. Kris fumbled blindly around until he was settled.

Freaking Kyungsoo.

~*~

By 4am, everyone in EXO-K’s dorm had settled down and silence swept in. That is, except Chanyeol. He was fine getting off to sleep, but emotions and thoughts kept running through his mind.

It’s nice that Tao is feeling better. But now he’s really close to Baekhyun.

Chanyeol adores Baekhyun more than anything else. Although Baekhyun was older than him by a couple of months, Chanyeol felt like he had to take care of him (it might have been because of the height difference keke!). He’s just so adorable and there were no words to describe how much Chanyeol likes him. However, there was one thing from stopping the Korean rapper from confessing his feeling to him. Baekhyun was straight. Baekhyun had told him that it wouldn’t work if they dated and he would rather be really close friends instead.

 Chanyeol sighed in disappointment as he remembered that major factor. He began to imagine what it would be like if Baekhyun was gay. But as the thought about it, someone else popped up in his mind.

 Kris.

He didn’t know if Kris was gay or not, but he thought he would have a better chance with Kris than he would with Baekhyun. Chanyeol was impressed with his prank and Lay being such a girl made it 100 times better in his mind. And honestly, Chanyeol had been missing Kris. Whenever EXO-M goes off the China, Chanyeol misses the rapping practices with Kris and the short jokes they come up with. Although Chanyeol has a soft spot for cute things; he seemed to have an attraction for Kris and his ‘-face’. Kris was the most popular out of all the members, and Chanyeol thought there were a number of reasons why.  His height, his deep voice and the authority that radiated from him made Chanyeol go weak at the knees. Kris’s flawless skin, perfectly shaped body, cool piercings and style made him everything Chanyeol wishes he was. Kris wasn’t an unhappy person but Chanyeol saw it as his duty to cheer the dragon up. And it seemed to work. The more time Kris spent with Chanyeol, the happier and crazier he would be. Chanyeol loves this side to Kris and wished to see it more, but stress and drama takes its toll. He was thankful that the group had a couple of weeks off and Chanyeol made a promise to himself that he was going to spend as much time as he could, cheering Kris up.

Chanyeol smiled and he mentally planned ideas to do with Kris. A cold draft came in from under the front door and Chanyeol shivered. Thinking about Kris made him realise how lonely he was here on the floor. He looked around and saw HunHan snuggled together and Baekhyun with Tao resting on his chest peacefully. There was a pain in Chanyeol’s chest and he sighed to himself.

He lay down in the quiet, with the soft snores of Xiumin in the background and tried to get back to sleep. After a few minutes, Chanyeol was defeated and he got up. Not having a clear idea where he was going, he just started walking in a general direction. It wasn’t until he came to his room when he stopped. Without hesitation, Chanyeol gripped the handle and slowly walked in.

Kris was huddled under the duvet, curled into a tight ball. He was sleeping like a baby and Chanyeol’s heart melted.

Oh god he’s so sweet~

Chanyeol clicked the door shut behind him and padded towards the dragon.

“Kris,” he whispered, patting the mound lightly.

Kris let out a low groan and Chanyeol chuckled.

“I’m coming in…”

Kris groaned again as Chanyeol carefully leaned over Kris, pressing his body close to him. He slipped over Kris and lay down behind him. Chanyeol slipped his arm under the duvet and around Kris’s waist, pulling himself close and snuggling into the crook of Kris’s neck.

“Chanyeol,” Kris moaned. “What are you doing?”

“Shhh,” Chanyeol told him. “Go to sleep.”

Kris shifted about and pulled the duvet over his head. He could feel Chanyeol’s warm breath and it sent shivers down his spine. It was a little creepy, but felt somewhat comforting having someone to hold him like this. Kris was normally the one giving the hugs because he was the leader and there was usually a big height difference.

He decided that he wasn’t going to make a big deal out of it though. There had been too much stress going on and all Kris was interested in was getting a good rest.

Plus, it felt good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't ask... I don't know what has happened to this chapter but at least I updated

Sorry it's be a while, It's been 3 weeks since my operation and it's been hard to try and find a good seat to sit and write... and when I do I just fall asleep cause I'm still drugged up - Spinal surgery is NOT FUN -_-

Anyway, now that I'm feeling a little better, I should hopefully be able to write more chapters YAY!

Big shout out to new subbies~! Hellooooooo~! And to everyone who's commented~! And the silent readers~! And upvoters - GAAAAAH~! Let me love you all~! <3 <3 <3

I know this , but I hope it doesn't too much :/ (pun not intended!)

PS. Even though I find Krisyeol cute - IT'S BAEKYEOL FOREVER~!!!!!!!!!! It was so hard for me to write this :'(

Pictures and gifs are not mine~ Kisses to the people who made them though :D