Admittance

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

They got back to the dorm a few minutes before midday to find that the members were awake. Sort of. Chen was clothed, thank goodness Tao prayed, but he was in his duck pjs with wet hair and ‘dancing’ along to the radio in the kitchen. Lay and Luhan were sitting in the living room, playing some sort of football video game and screaming at their players. Xuimin was still in his room. As soon as Kris got in, he removed his shoes and went to his room, locking the door behind him. Tao felt bad. He wanted to spend time with Kris, but it seems Tao was just wasting Kris’s time. Tao sighed and kicked off his shoes.

Now what?

It was easier when he had a plan, but now his mind was fogged. He wasn’t going interrupt Lay and Luhan, nor was he going to join Chen. That troll was too happy. Tao needed someone to talk to.

Oppa.

He cringed at Chen’s dancing attempt to Genie and cowered away to find Xuimin. Tao timidly tapped on the door and pressed his lips to the key hole.

“Xuimin?”

“It’s open.”

Xuimin’s voice boomed through Tao’s silent mind and it made him jump. As if the door handle was made of glass, Tao turned it slowly and slipped in the room. Xuimin was at the Oakwood desk, practicing his Chinese and had textbooks all over the desk and one on his lap. He looked up at the sound of the door clicking shut and grinned.

“Tao,” He said happily. “I wasn’t expecting it to be you, what’s up?”.

Tao bit his lip and his eyes hit the floor. “I need to talk to you about something.”

Xuimin nodded and took the textbook off his lap, shutting it with the rest and swivelled his chair away from the desk.

“Come then. Sit.” He pushed the chair towards the bed and patted it; telling Tao to sit.

Tao was hesitant. “Is it clean?”

It wasn’t meant to be funny, but Xuimin cracked up. Tao smiled slightly and Xuimin calmed himself down.

“Don’t worry; I made sure Chen changed the bed covers.”

Tao went over and lightly sat on the crisp sheets. Xuimin sat in front of him, which Tao found was a little intimidating but the kindness in his expression was soothing.

“What’s wrong Tao?” He asked softly.

Tao took a deep breath. “Well, I can’t sleep. But I guess everyone knows that.”

Xuimin nodded in agreement.

“And, well. I can’t stop thinking about what happens in my dreams. It’s really confusing. Kris told me not to think about them, but something’s bothering me…”

Tao trailed off and shut his eyes. Xuimin got up and sat next to him on the bed. He put his arm around Tao and gently rubbed his back in circular motions.

“Just say it Tao. It will make you feel better. You can tell me.”

Tao nodded and confessed. “Everyone is in my dreams; you, Kris, Luhan and the rest of our members. I did some research and…”

Tao stopped and looked to Xuimin.

“Xuimin. Do you guys not want me?”

Xuimin stopped breathing.

“Cause I understand why. I’m a pain. I’m just an immature child and I bug you guys all the time and you put up with me all the time. I’m a burden to you and-”

Xuimin shushed him. “Tao. Stop it.”

“But Gege~” He whined. “You come in my dreams and it means you want to tell me something important! And it’s going to be bad! I know that it’s a shock and it’s ok. I understand that you don’t want me in EXO anymore and you don’t have to worry about telling me, cause I know now. So I think I’ll just go and-”

Xuimin wanted to slap him in face.

“I’ll tell manager that I-”

“Tao.”

“and that I need a break-”

“Tao.”

“Then I won’t come back-”

“TAO!”

The younger stopped. His eyes were swollen with tears ready to fall from his eyes at any moment. It broke Xuimin’s heart to know what burden Tao had been holding onto. He gripped Tao shoulders tightly and buried his face into his neck.

“You are the most handsome person I know.” Xuimin whispered to him.  “I love you so much, Tao. I never want you to go and I’d never let you go without me going with you.”

Tao heard Xuimin’s voice begin to break and he felt guilty. He rested his head on Xuimin’s and his hair.

“There is no reason why we wouldn’t want you.” Xuimin carried on. “You are perfect and we love you. All of us love you.  You are EXO-M’s little romantic kung Fu panda. We need you maknae, so don’t think any differently. OK?”

Xuimin sat up and cupped Tao’s face. Tao had silent tears on his cheeks and Xuimin wiped them away with his thumb. He was crying as well, but he had to be strong for Tao. Xuimin then kissed Tao on both his cheeks, his nose and his forehead.

“I love you so much Tao.”

“I love you too Gege.”

Xuimin bought Tao into a tight hug and Tao relaxed. He felt better after telling Xuimin and hearing his comforting words. He was happy.

Then the door opened.

“Umm, what’s going on in here?!"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Oh. My. Gucci.

I am so sorry for this chapter. I honestly don't know what happened here. But yeah~

Sh*t is stilling down down with my life atm, so it probably reflects how I'm feeling but... I don't know!

Sorry for being such a disappointing writer :(

I love you guys so much, even if you hate me~ <3

XxXxxXxXXxXxXXxXxXxXxXxXXxXxXxXXxXxXxx