Conversation

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

 

They were in a car; Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Tao. For some reason, Tao was driving with the others in the back and Chanyeol seemed stressed.

 

“Come on Tao, hurry up!”

Tao didn’t recognise where they were or where they were going. Heck, he didn’t know the car or the fact that he could drive. Baekhyun was tearful and Tao wanted to comfort him, but he was driving and Chanyeol was shouting at him.

Why was Chanyeol shouting?

He couldn’t understand what Chanyeol was trying to tell him and Tao started to panic. The car was going faster and faster and Tao had no idea how to control it. Baekhyun was screaming and suddenly Chanyeol gripped Tao’s neck. He was chocking and his heart was thumping against his chest.

“Please! Please stop!”

The grip around his neck was getting tighter and Baekhyun’s cries got louder. Tao no longer had his hands on the wheel and he felt the car roll over, his stomach doing flips as the rolled forever.

Then it stopped.

The grip on his neck was still there, but Chanyeol had gone. Tao turned round and saw Baekhyun on the back seat, bloody and lifeless with his hand reaching out for Tao. There were bones sticking out from Baekhyun’s chest and arms, with his head hanging weirdly to the side. Tao could feel his chest and eyes start to burn as he stared at his dead Gege.

“Baekhyun!”

“There he is!”

It was Chanyeol. He was back and un-harmed. Why?

“Tao what have you done?!”

Kris was there. He was angry and his eyes were red like Baekhyun’s blood.

“You killed him Tao, why did you kill him?!”

Tao tried to speak, but his throat was too tight. His breathing rate quickened and he started panicking when Kris came closer.

“Go away!”

Tao stopped breathing. Kris’s glare drilled into his head and he spoke to Tao is a dead voice.

“Nobody wants you here Tao. You’re a monster.”

“You’re selfish and you push people away.” Chanyeol stated.

“You only take what you want.”

“Nobody cares Tao. You’re useless.”

“Just go already.”

They were ganging up on him. Why? He needed help, but who was here? Tao knew Baekhyun would help him, but Tao had just killed him. Guilt flowed through his veins and the pain in his chest was becoming too much.

“Baekhyun!”

~*~

“Everyone~! Rise and shine~!” Suho called, banging on all the doors around 10am. There were a couple of whines and complaints thrown back, but Suho shrugged.

“Okay, it’s your loss. Kyungsoo said he was going to make pancakes…”

“WHAT?!”

It was as if all the members had received an electric shock at the same time. They came flying in from different rooms and into the kitchen, begging for a pancake and pulling out ingredients from cupboards for toppings. Luckily Kyungsoo and Suho knew this was going to be manic and had laid most things out for them just to pick up and settle down quickly. The only members who hadn’t woken up were Chanyeol, Kris and Tao.

Last night’s dream was haunting Tao’s mind and although no one had told him before, Tao started to think that Kris and Chanyeol’s words were true.

I am selfish; I made Baekhyun sleep on the sofa with me. I wanted to sleep instead of help Kris with Lay.

I do push people away; I didn’t accept Luhan’s help when he offered.

I am a monster; I’m horrible to everyone around me. They try to cheer me up but I only upset them more.

All these thoughts were flowing through Tao’s mind. This was weird because Tao loved being himself, now he was starting to have doubts about who really was.

Something wasn’t right.

Tao lay on the sofa, eyes squeezed shut and trying to block the words in his mind and focus on something else. Everyone was yelling about pancakes but Tao didn’t budge. Baekhyun had done his best to get the Chinese maknae up, but Tao rebelled saying that he had a headache. He needed more time to think. Baekhyun went to go help himself to some pancakes when he realised that Chanyeol wasn’t around.

“Hey,” he asked the group, who were dotted around everywhere with plates of pancakes in their hands. “Has anyone seen Yeolie?”

They shrugged and carried on eating.

“Maybe he’s in the bathroom,”

Baekhyun nodded and picked up a plate from the kitchen, selecting one of the larger pancakes and topping it with strawberries. He went back to Tao and sat at his feet.

“Come on sleepy, it’s time to get up~!”

Tao sighed and rubbed his eyes. Slowing sitting up, he let out a big yawn and stretched his arms above his head.

“Aigooo~!” Baekhyun cooed, making Chen spit out pancake. “Isn’t our maknae cute~!”

“Baekhyun-hyung~! I’m thill here~!”Sehun cried.

“Ahhh yes, how could we forget baby Thehun~!”

“Hyung~!”

Tao chuckled and threw back the blanket. He was about to stand up when Baekhyun gripped his wrist.

“Where are you going?”

“Bathroom,” Tao replied with a confused expression.

“Could you check on Chanyeol for me please? I haven’t seen him this morning,”

“Yeah, sure Gege.”

“Oh, and Tao?” Baekhyun held out a strawberry for him. “Eat.”

Tao’s eyes lit up and he opened his mouth so Baekhyun could feed him the fruit.

“Aigooo~ Doesn’t our panda eat well?!”

“Baekhyun, I swear to god if you don’t stop with your baby voice, I’m going to spew everywhere!”

~*~

It had been a while since Kris had woken up peacefully. He was used to Tao waking him up with his nightmares, but this morning Kris woken up on his own free will. He inhaled deeply and opened his eyes, blinking a couple of times to get rid of the sleep. Kris felt somewhat hot in the bed which he thought was strange since he had opened the window, till he noticed a pair of arms wrapped round his waist. He smiled, thinking it was Tao and that the maknae had got through his nightmares. Cries and shouts echoed through the walls and Kris reached over to read the Alarm Clock. Deciding it was a reasonable time to get up, he patted the person next to him. His eyes widened as the person pushed down the duvet and looked up at him with sleepy eyes.

“Chanyeol?!” Kris whispered “What are you doing here?”

“I should be asking you that, seeing as you’re in my bed.”

Kris scoffed, “I thought you were on the floor last night…”

“Yeah, but Baekhyunnie was being a meanie and I couldn’t sleep~”

Kris snorted at Chanyeol’s agyeo voice and ruffled his bed hair. Whenever Chanyeol spoke like that, it sent pulses down Kris’s spine. He thought Chanyeol’s voice would sound off when he tried agyeo, but it just made Kris melt. Chanyeol’s agyeo was different and that’s why Kris liked it.

Kris was relaxing back into the bed, not quite ready to get out  yet when he noticed something…

“Chanyeol?!?” Where’s your shirt?!?”

“I took it off,” Chanyeol replied casually. “It was hot having you in my bed~”

Kris face palmed.  Jeez, if someone saw us like this…

“Kris-hyung, I think you should have a shower~”

He glared at Chanyeol. “And why should I?”

“Cause you’ve got sweat patches under your arms and back~” Chanyeol chuckled.

Kris groaned and jumped out of bed, peeling off the sweaty shirt and throwing it in Chanyeol’s face.

“Urgh gross~! You stink~!” Chanyeol complained and threw a pillow at Kris’s chest. He could help but admire how toned Kris was. How his abs were perfectly defined, his strong wide shoulders and his little happy trail that went all the way down to—

“Chanyeol!”

“What?”

“What are you looking at?”

“Nothing!”

Kris tutted at him. “Don’t believe you,”

“I just can’t understand how sweaty you are~! I know it gets hot, but whenever Baekhyun and I sleep together, he never sweats this much~!”

“Did you just say you sleep with Baekhyun?!” Kris jaw hit the floor.

“Yeah, sometimes he comes in my bed after he watches a horror film or he’s in a bad mood~”

Kris sighed in relief. “So you don’t actually--”

“Ewww Kris no~! Baekhyunnie’s straight…” Chanyeol trailed off.

There was sadness in the Korean rapper’s eyes as he mentioned Baekhyun and Kris caught on.

“Channie, do you like Baekhyun?”

“No! I don’t… I can’t… I can’t like him…”

“But you do?”

Chanyeol shrugged. “It complicated…”

“How so?”

“It’s just is…”

Kris could tell Chanyeol wasn’t keen on talking about it yet. The poor boy was obviously confused about it all and Kris felt bad. He went over and sat next to Chanyeol, pulling him into a tight hug.

“It’s okay,” Kris soothed. “You don’t have to tell me now. I’ll be here for you though, don’t forget that.”

Chanyeol nodded and rested his head on Kris’s chest. Dear God he smelt good~

They sat there for a minute or two, until there was a timid knock on the door.

“Come in,” Kris called, still hold Chanyeol and the visitor peeped his head round the corner.

“Hey you, is everything alright?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh gaWD~! Not another crappy chapter~!!

I feel REALLY bad because everyone wants Taoris and Baekyeol AND DON'T WORRY MY SWEETIES~! YOU. WILL. GET. BAEKEOL. AND. TAORIS... just, not quite yet - troll-le-lol XD

I am a HARD-CORE Taoris & Baekyeol shipper (AND I put it in the tags~!)

See...?

              

             

Gifs are not mine~

Satisfied?   I know I am XD

 

ANYWAYYYYY~~~~~~~~~

I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOOOOO~ MUCHH~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3