Scoldings

The Things that Haunt Me the Most

I’m sorry but the person you’re calling is unavailable…

Kris groaned and slammed the phone down on the table. He and Chanyeol had been waiting for the other two at the café for over half an hour and they still hadn’t arrived. Kris tried calling Tao for the last 20 minutes but the Chinese maknae wasn’t answering.

“Still not answering?” Chanyeol asked, fumbling with his phone and not bothering to look up.

“Yeah,” Kris sighed. “Heard anything from Baekhyun yet?”

Chanyeol shook his head. Kris picked up his cup, only to find it was empty.

“Fancy another drink?”

“Yeah please…”

Kris stood up and reached into his back pocket to get his wallet but Chanyeol suddenly stopped him.

“What if they’re on a ride?” He suggested.

“It wouldn’t have taken that long if they did,” Kris disagreed. “Plus, Tao always answers his calls, even if he’s sleeping.”

Chanyeol murmured in agreement and Kris made his way to the counter.

“Same again?” The cute girl at the register asked.

“Please,” Kris replied, ignoring the flirty smile the girl gave him. It felt like he and Chanyeol would be drinking coffee and hot chocolate for the rest of their lives.

The girl turned round, sticking her hips out a little and pressed the buttons on the machine.

“Can I get you anything else?” she pouted and leaned forward.

“No ta,” Kris said curtly, turning away from her and starting at the door, hoping that Tao would magically appear.

“Looks like you and your friend there have been stood up.”

Kris couldn’t help but chuckle, “You could say that…”

“You know; I don’t understand why anyone would stand you up. I mean, your gorgeous~”

He laughed and went to face her. Kris stopped laughing when he noticed he girl was eyeing him up and down, biting her lower lip seductively.

“Erm, Thanks?” Kris shuffled around awkwardly.

“I’ve got a good idea,” she twirled a strand of hair round her finger. “How about we go out the back for a minute…”

Kris’s eyes popped out their sockets and he felt like he was going to have a pain attack.

Oh god Chanyeol HELP ME~!  He tried to communicate with Chanyeol telepathically to save him, but Chanyeol’s mind was too full of Baekhyun to notice…

“It’s alright,” The girl whispered to Kris, making his skin crawl. “Your friend can come with us. He’s pretty hot too…”

Just as he was about to scream bloody murder, his phone went off. Hurriedly and happily Kris scrambled around and tried to pick up the call. A smile was plastered on his face and happy that finally Tao was returning his calls.

Then he looked at the caller ID.

Kyungsoo.

Picking up the drinks, he quickly rushed to the table and sat down in front of Chanyeol.

“Kyungsoo’s calling,”

Chanyeol  widened his eyes. “Don’t answer it.”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s always bad when Kyungsoo class,” Chanyeol warned him.

“He might just be wondering when we’re coming back…”

Chanyeol shrugged. “It’s your life…”

Rolling his eyes, Kris pressed the call button.

“Hello?”

“WHERE ARE YOU, HEARTLESS MAN?!”

“What--”

“Baekhyun’s here, crying his eyes out and Tao looks traumatised~”

“Why--”

“You two need to come back here right now and clear this all up!”

The line went dead and Kris’s jaw hit the floor.

“What did he say?” Chanyeol asked.

Kris gulped. “I think they saw us…”

“Who? Baekhyun and Tao?”

“Yeah,” Kris grabbed his coffee and drank it quickly. “We need to go back.”

Without saying another word, both guys stood up and left.

~*~

Tao bit his lip nervously as he studied the expressions of the elders in front of him. Lay was puzzled, looking towards Suho for guidance who was equally as confused. Kyungsoo on the other hand, was boiling with anger.

“What the hell have you done Chanyeol?!” Kyungsoo accused the Korean rapper.

“Nothing Kyungsoo-hyung!”

“Then explain to me why Baekhyun is still crying and my poor Tao-baby is in shock!” Kyungsoo yelled. Lay squeezed Tao protectively to his chest and kissed his hair. Suho gave Lay a warning glare not to do that again, but Lay shook it off.

“…I don’t know.”

Kyungsoo sighed. “What happened?”

Chanyeol went on to tell the others about what he and Kris got up to at the theme park

He’s lying. The voice told Tao.

Are you really buying this? You know most of it lies…

Tao held his tongue, trying not to lose his temper.

“… then we went to the café where we were going to meet the others…”

Uh-oh, let’s see if he lies about this as well…

Or maybe he’s just going to confess, because you know, they’re in love…

“And we…” Chanyeol blushed and nervously looked at his feet.

Hot tears started forming in his eyes and Tao held onto Lay’s shirt for comfort.

“What did you do Chanyeol?” Lay asked, sensing Tao’s discomfort and the boy’s hair.

“… we kissed…”

Lay gasped and Suho looked disapprovingly.

“Did you see them Tao?” Lay whispered to him. Tao nodded and buried his face in the crook of Lay’s neck.

Kyungsoo blinked a couple of times before finally exploding.

“HOW COULD YOU PARK CHANYEOL!”

Chanyeol flinched as Kyungsoo sprayed spit in his face.

“But Hyung, it was only--”

“Don’t you ‘But Hyung’ me!” Kyungsoo continued. “No wonder Baekhyun’s upset – you broke his heart!”

“I what?!”

“You heard me! You broke his heart!”

“But… I don’t understand…”

“No – you never do Chanyeol!”

“… why does his heart hurt?”

Kyungsoo groaned. “Why don’t you go ask him for yourself!”

Chanyeol then rushed to Baekhyun’s room, leaving the Tao totally confused. The others, however, just sighed.

Finally~” Suho chuckled. “It’s about time those two sorted themselves out…”

“What do you mean?” Tao piped up. “You know Baekhyun likes Chanyeol”

“Well, he’s never actually told us,” Suho concluded. “But we’ve all seen how he acts around Chanyeol and knew they were going to confess to each other at some point…”

Tao formed a little ‘o’ with his lips.

Yeah, but he still kissed Kris.

And didn’t deny it.

Which means he liked it.

“Hey,” Lay asked the group. “Where is Kris?

~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft oh my gAWD~ /throws self UP the stairs/

I'm not happy with this chapter, not. at. all. And I wouldn't be surprised if you guys hated it too-

But omg where are you guys coming from?? it makes me SO happy to see this many subbies~ And it breaks my heart that I can't be a better writer for you :(

Love you ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHH~!!! <3