Circinus

Another Earth

A/N Surprise? Sorry it took two years ;_; Things happened but I'm determined to finish this story. I hope you'll stick with me and thank you for the massive support again! Still feels surreal.

--

Tiffany woke up, startled from her sleep. Her eyes shifted to the clock by her bedside and she groaned to herself. 2.22am. What a timing to have been woken up in.

The girl sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes. Why was she woken up? It took awhile for her brain to register that she was woken up by a horrible dream. Oh, it was horrible all right. She dreamt that she was to stay in this god-forsaken Earth forever. That wasn't even the worse part about it.

She dreamt that she married Luhan.

Not her Luhan, the Prince Luhan. It was torture.

She was about to go back to sleep, when her eyes caught a shadow by her curtains. Her heart raced, wondering if her room had been intruded.

Fear, that was all she felt as her eyes continued to blink towards the shadow behind the curtain. Tiffany could make out a figure, probably that of a man, and her body froze in her bed.

What should she do? 

She could always scream, but then that would have woken the entire Royal household.

There was always the lamp beside her. She wondered if people could get injured from getting hit by a lamp even.

"You see me." A voice suddenly broke the silence.

Her heart that had been racing so quickly settled down, upon hearing the familiar voice. Her body still tensed, wary of the figure that was stepping out from the shadows. He was still an intruder, no matter how familiar a person he was.

"Kai." She whispered softly. "What is the meaning of this?"

The man remained mum, just casually walking towards her. Only when her hands reached out for the lamp beside her did he stopped, and in the dim light, she could see the amusement laced in his eyes.

"A lamp?" He chuckled. "Really, Tiffany?"

"You're invading my privacy." She replied firmly but weakly. "This is total harassment. Explain yourself lest the lamp hits your face."

Tiffany saw how his eyes turned serious as he raised his hands in defeat. 

"Are you really going to treat your savior with that type of hospitality?"

"Saviour?"

"Obviously." The young man smirked. "Who do you think were sending you all those little notes?"

"Those were from you?" The girl asked incredulously. "You're kidding!"

"Totally not." He was clearly not pleased with her statement. "Who else could be that smart to rhyme things while leaving you to ponder?"

"Um..."

"Exactly."

The room turned silent again, as Tiffany was left to wonder if she should trust him. Sure, those notes rhymed, but there was always a chance that he had been eavesdropping and may not be the rightful sender in the first place.

"Then why are you here in my room?" Was all that she asked. "And at this timing?"

The man frowned as he took a seat right in front of her. He was surprised to see that the girl didn't had her defenses up, but he didn't show that on his face. Instead, his face turned grave as he whispered in a low tone.

"I'm here because the danger is getting far too big. You need to leave immediately."

"What danger?" Tiffany was now beginning to get scared. "And why should I trust you?"

"Because I'm one of the few that wants to send you home safely." He rolled his eyes. "If you haven't noticed already, there are people who wants to keep you here forever."

"Like Luhan?"

Kai paused, unsure on how to give an appropriate response.

"Him too." He replied honestly. "But he is of no danger, trust me. He... He is a complication."

"So what's the danger? Why do they want to keep me here?"

"Not only you, but your friend Bob too. I can't tell you much." Kai bit his lips. "But if ever an opportunity arises, you and Bob must leave quickly."

Honestly, she felt that things were so difficult to understand. Why must they leave? What danger were they really in? Why can't he tell her?

"What about Kim?" She asked at long last. "Kim has to return home too."

"Kim works for the Queen." Kai spat. "I'm not sure how, but she does. My team is trying to source for more information."

"Wait, you have a team? No, wait. The Queen is on the bad side?"

"Tiffany..."

"This is too much to handle. I'm... I'm missing out on a lot of information here." The girl confessed. "It's really hard to trust anyone right now."

"But trust me." The man begged. "Please trust me."

"Kai..."

"Oh, I've got to go." He apologised, looking at the time. "They would notice I went missing. Just remember a few things. Not everything is at it seems. Be careful."

--

The conversations from last night constantly replayed itself in her mind. Tiffany had wanted to confide in Bob, but she couldn't find the man no matter she went the whole day today. A part of her was worried that something might have happened to him, but gossip from the servants about him spending time with the Prime Minister's daughter had her heart in relief.

And despite everything, she couldn't understand why she was here out on the courtyard, waiting for a certain Prince to make his appearance.

"I'm here." She felt sudden warm breath on her neck.

The girl turned swiftly, and almost fell of her seat from how close his face was to hers. The royal Prince chuckled, steadying the girl back into posture as he took a seat beside her.

"That always gets you, huh."

"You..." She could feel her temper rising but decided to dismiss it. "You need to stop with your moodswings."

"Too much for you handle?" Luhan laughed.

The girl could only nod her head.

"Why do you even want to meet me anyway?"

"I thought you'd never asked." The young man smirked. "I was surprised to be honest, to see how readily you agreed to meet me. I thought you hated me and my guts."

She felt a pang of guilt, and tried her hardest to maintain a poker face. Tiffany had agreed only because Kai's words from the night before had intrigued her since the man stated that Luhan could be trusted, but was a complication. The girl wanted to know how complicated the complication was. 

And that was why Luhan couldn't know of her true intentions.

"I was just excited." She replied in a deadpan manner. "I thought you were finally taking me to my counterpart."

"About that..." Tiffany sensed the discomfort in his voice. "I... I am, but I don't want to."

The girl frowned and huffed, as she crossed her arms in disbelief. What was wrong with this person, honestly?

"And why is that?"

The Prince placed a hand on her lap, and it was surprising to see that she didn't cringed away. He took a deep breath in, and Tiffany realised this was the first time she has ever seen the cocky royal looked so serious.

"Because she's dead." Luhan added bluntly, but sympathy was on his face. "And I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

Her mind reeled over for the thousandth time. The Tiffany from this Earth was dead? But how? Did she die in a car accident? Did she passed away naturally? What happened?

"I... I still want to pay a visit." She managed a reply. "Can I?"

The man sighed but not before nodding. He stood up and extended his hands towards the girl who looked really confused.

"Then let's go. I'll tell you all about her on our way there."

"You knew her?" Tiffany asked incredulously. The gut feeling was always there but was it true?

"Barely." Luhan's eyes were distant somehow. "Come now. This is the only time you'll ever hear things from me so let's not be tardy."

And like all good girls would, Tiffany took a hold of his hand.