Vulpecula

Another Earth

Life on Earth II may not have been that bad after all.

There were no schedules, so Tiffany had all the time in the world for breakfast, in which she indulged herself in the Royal Family’s Special Pancakes.

Right after breakfast was her own resting time in her room, just browsing through the TV channels and magazines.

A bellboy then came telling her that she was permitted to walk around Earth II for the day, to wherever she liked on her own.

Honestly, she didn’t know she needed permission.

She always thought she could do what she wanted to seeing how she was a guest but she was more than wrong.

Tiffany remembered asking Bob if he could give her a map of the place around the hotel vicinity and he had given it to her discreetly, that being of the Queen’s strict orders to her servants, but Tiffany could have never imagined why.

Luckily for her, Bob had taken quite the attention from the female servants who happened to be head over heels for him.

She had considered it her worst luck when she realised she couldn’t even read the map, no matter how many times she turned the thing around. Why didn’t her map-reading skills come to good use this time?

“Having troubles?” She felt a sudden surge of warm breath on her neck and the girl turned, startled at who could have invaded her personal space.

“You.” She uttered with such disdain in her voice.

“Come on Miyoung.” Luhan chuckled as he raised his hands in apology. “I was expecting a happier you today.”

“I prefer the name Tiffany, thank you very much.”

“Okay, Tiffany. Now tell me. What were you doing?”

The girl thought for a while if she wanted the guy to know of her own free time today. She thought otherwise but before she could opened , the young Prince had already snatched her map away.

“I see.” He eyed the map speculatively. “You were going somewhere.”

“Without you.” That, she made clear enough.

“I’m hurt.” Luhan feigned his hurt but Tiffany knew enough to know that he was mocking her. “Come on, Tiffany. Allow me to bring you around in this foreign place.”

“Why should I?”

“Because I’m the Prince.”

Honestly, she hated whenever he said that. So what if he’s the Prince?! She’s from SNSD but you don’t see her shoving that down other people’s throats. And suddenly, Tiffany realised she missed the Luhan back home.

Her Luhan.

“Where do you want to go?” Luhan tossed the map to her when she didn’t answer. “Movie? Parks? Museums?”

“A museum would be nice.” She answered reluctantly.

“Shall we go then?” The young man extended his hand to the girl, only for it to be ignored as she walked on front.

“Feisty.” Luhan laughed.

--

Being in the museum was interesting, for Tiffany could see the difference in her Earth and theirs. They were, in simpler words, definitely more advanced and technological based than what she experienced at home.

What was harping on her experience though, was the fact that Prince Luhan would never leave her alone.

He would tail after her when she went to a different exhibit each time and like all good hosts would, he would provide insights on each exhibit.

It got to a point where Tiffany had forgotten that this Luhan wasn’t a true blue, Earth II lander. She was sure that Luhan was really happy and overjoyed with the swap though.

“O-Oh.” Her eyes caught onto something. “What’s this?”

“Oh that.” Luhan took the opportunity as he stood closely behind her, his breath caressing her ear. “That is a sash.”

“I can see that.” The girl muttered awkwardly while facing the studded blue sash. “What is it for?”

“It doesn’t have a use. It’s more of an object which showcases a person’s position in the monarch.”

“And what position would it be?” Tiffany quickly walked away, pretending she didn’t mind him being so close to her.

“A princess.”

“P-Princess? That’s all?”

“Pretty much.” His eyes gleamed. “It is for a special girl who is betrothed to the Crown Prince.”

“Oh.” So that was what it was for and honestly, Tiffany didn’t felt the need to know more. “I see.”

“Aren’t you at least perhaps intrigued about our entire monarchy here?”

“N-No.”

“A shame then.” Luhan made a face. “It would have benefitted you so much.”

Tiffany wasn’t really interested to how it could have benefitted her so the girl went away, muttering under her breath on how creepy this Luhan was slowly getting to be.

She next came upon a sword and remembered being awed by it, not because it was a sword but because it had been so well preserved since the 1800s.

“Is this really from the 1800s?” Tiffany asked politely as she admired how shiny it still looked. “This is really breath taking.”

“Yes it is.” Luhan tucked in the girl’s fringe suddenly, leaving Tiffany to remain frozen on her feet. “It’s not always inside that glass though. When a Crown Prince is ready to take the throne, the Queen would bestow the sword upon him as a ceremonial tradition.”

“Y-You sure do talk a lot about the Crown Prince.” Tiffany stumbled in her steps as she walked away. “Are you the Crown Prince?”

“I thought you’d never ask.” He grinned before nodding his head. “I am.”

“So you’re inheriting the throne.”

“I am. Why? Do you have a sudden interest to take up on my offer yesterday?”

“What offer?” The girl was definitely confused on what he was babbling about.

It couldn’t be when he asked her to be his girlfriend, could it?

“I have my pride as the Prince.” The young man chuckled again before gazing intensely at her. “I wouldn’t want to repeat myself, Tiffany.”

“Though I do have to leave.” Luhan continued by apologising, before giving the stiff girl a peck on the forehead. “I’ll see you soon.”

“W-Wait!” She cried out as he walked away. “You promised I would be able to meet the other Tiffany! When?”

“With time.” He nodded his head reassuringly but there was just something in the way he conveyed his words that made her think he was lying.

And soon again, Tiffany was left all alone; circling the museum that she had already went through again. Upon coming to the sash section, the girl scoffed as she recalled the Prince’s words.

“Do you have a sudden interest to take up on my offer yesterday?”

More like does she have an interest to run away from him, then yes would be her answer.

As she was about to leave, a paper plane flew in her direction before directly dropping at her feet. Curious, the girl picked it up and unfolded the paper, only to see a message given to her.

“Run while you still can. You don’t have much time. -K”

The girl felt her world spinning around as she read the simple contents of the paper.

What did it mean?

Was the message for her?

Who was K?

The girl looked around, hoping to catch a glimpse of the sender but there was none. She was certain then, that this message was for her.

Soon after, she re-folded the paper into a small piece of square before leaving it in her jeans pocket.

Whoever the sender was, Tiffany knew that a message was to come for her again.

And this time, she was determined to find out as much as she can.

--

a/n yeay! More mysteries *laughs hysterically* I basically got an overall idea on where I'm going with this fic and I can tell you, it won't end anytime soon LOL. Thank you for reading and do anticipate the next chapter! (: