Orion

Another Earth

The girl blinked her eyes in disbelief as she registered the familiar figure into her brain.

Slightly tanned, neat hair and lips curving upwards; distinct qualities that even the other him possessed back on Earth.

“Good afternoon.” The young man spoke as he took her hands for a kiss. “My name is Kai.”

“A-Afternoon.” Tiffany found herself stammering. “I’m Tiffany.”

“I know.” His eyes gleamed with amusement before chuckling softly. “You are a… hot topic among us citizens.”

The girl nodded her head slightly, not sure if he was complimenting or insulting her. She chose to think it was the former.

“I’ll leave you guys to get acquainted.” Bob winked to Kai before nudging the speechless girl. “He’s a really nice boy.”

“Bob!” Tiffany hissed, unhappy that he was leaving her all alone but the man only shrugged his shoulders.

‘I swear I’m a nice boy.” The girl turned to face the young man who was grinning at her. “That’s what most people said anyway.”

“I don’t doubt that.” She tried to be polite.

“Really?” Kai frowned a little. “Because it seems as though you don’t like me that much.”

“N-No! It’s just…”

“Yes?”

“You remind me of someone I know.”

“Ahhh.” The young man began to understand. “Perhaps another me from your world?”

“Y-Yes.”

“Intriguing.” Kai started again. “I guess you must not be fond of him.”

‘I am.”

“Then why?” Confusion was evident in his expression. “Did I offend you in any way?”

He’s a worry-rat just like the Kai back home, Tiffany thought to herself.

“No you didn’t.” Tiffany insisted. “I’m just a little shocked, that’s all. To see a familiar face in the crowd.”

“I see.” His lips quivered into a smile. “I thought you’d get used to it by now.”

“Pardon?”

“You and the Prince? I recalled he’s a familiar face too.”

Now this was news to her. How did he know Luhan was a familiar face when she hadn’t said a word to anyone?

“But of course,” Kai frowned again seeing the unsettling expression forming on her face. “You’re not aware that I knew.”

“Definitely not.”

“My apologies then.” The young man bowed. “I would have liked to think that perhaps the Prince would have at least talked about me.”

“Luhan?” She raised her eyebrows curiously. “He doesn’t. All he does talk about is…”

Tiffany paused, reluctant to tell a stranger of her private conversations. After all, she only did meet him today,

“Of his…?”

“Nothing.” The girl replied at long last. “Nothing.”

She watched the guy sighed before shaking his head, as if to indicate that her not telling him anything was wrong. The young man gave a small smile afterwards but she was certain that was because he was just being nice. Something told her to carry on the conversation but then, something also told her to stay wary.

“I hope he’s not bothering you.”

The girl turned around, face to face with the very same arrogant young man who had left her all alone just now. Her lips turned into a frown immediately, leaving Kai to laugh his heart out and Luhan an agitated scowl.

“Just so you know,” The girl huffed and looked away. “You’re more of a bother than Kai was.”

“Feisty.” Luhan snarled before glaring at the tanned young man. “What are you doing here?”

“Come on!” Kai chuckled and Tiffany noticed it wasn’t sincere. “Don’t take your anger out on me just because she likes me more than you. Also, did you perhaps gain amnesia while I was away? I do happen to be the Prime Minister’s son.”

“No, Kai.” The Prince uttered with such distaste in his voice. “I do remember but I don’t recall wanting you here.”

“Your fault then!” The man grinned a mischievous grin.

The girl stuck amidst the bickering just stood there awkwardly, unsure if she should leave the pair to settle themselves or if she were to be a mediator. To Tiffany, the former sounded more of a pleasant idea than the latter was.

“Kai.” Luhan warned. “Leave. I don’t appreciate having you here.”

“I’m hurt.” The latter brushed him off. “And to think we were best friends.”

“Wait. You guys are besties?” Tiffany exclaimed, shock that two distinct personalities were friends.

Luhan gave a grim nod while Kai gave an excited one and Tiffany knew then that Kai found happiness in Luhan’s misery, whatever that was.

Were being the keyword.” Luhan scoffed before latching onto the girl’s arms. “Let’s go, Tiffany.”

“You can try to hide her from me.” Kai chortled with a menacing laughter. “But she will come to know of the truth one day, Luhan. That I can assure you just as much.”

Taking in his words, Tiffany turned dumbstruck at what he could possibly mean. What truth was Luhan hiding from her?

“Luhan?” She asked meekly, seeing how scary it was that the man’s face was red and burning. “L-Luhan?”

“Do me a favour, Tiffany.” He snapped. “Two favours actually. One; never ever ask on what Kai meant for it’s nothing. Two; steer clear of him. He’s bad news.”

“I…”

“Do I make myself clear, Tiffany?” Luhan growled, bringing the girl closer of him. “Stay away from Kai.”

“Y-Yes.”

“Good.”

“Luhan…”

“Damn it, Tiffany!” The Prince suddenly shouted, leaving the girl frozen on her feet. “I told you not to ask any more questions!”

“B-But you’re hurting me.” She managed out softly, eyeing the mark his fingernails left on her arms. “I just wanted you to let go.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, Oh.” The girl mustered her courage seeing how his face dropped quickly. “Y-You… You should never grab a girl like that. Not only is it rude, it is also painful to the victim.”

“Victim, huh.” She saw how distant his eyes were. “What a way to describe yourself.”

“You were grabbing onto my arms a little too tightly, you know.”

“Well, I am possessive about what’s mine.” Luhan muttered softly but loud enough for the girl to hear.

“Pretty sure I don’t belong to you.”

“Not yet.” He winked and Tiffany saw how the anger in him had disappeared like it wasn’t there in the first place.

Now… Now he was back to being the annoying, arrogant royalty that he was.

“You’re annoying.” The girl spluttered out too honestly. “And I don’t really mix myself with annoying little things, so I guess it’s a sign for me to take my leave now.”

“Don’t count on me chasing after you.”

Tiffany stopped in her tracks as she allowed his words to sink in.

Don’t count on me chasing after you? What the hell did that mean?

“What?” Luhan gave a smug look when she turned to glare. “I believe you were in the midst of leaving?”

“You need to see a doctor.” The girl snapped as she took her leave. “Your mood swings are driving me crazy.”

“What can I say?” She heard him laughing all the way at the back. “I simply drive people to insanity.”

Feeling really peeved, Tiffany quickened her steps to her room, unable to take in anymore nonsense for the rest of the night. She hurried up the stairs, murmuring an excuse that she didn’t felt so well when she came across the Queen near the corridor.

Once the Queen left, the girl slowed down her steps as she became deep in thought. She paused, her eyes widening at the sight of a familiar paper.

“Never based your decision on confusion.

If you don’t know, ask.

I’ll give you a clue, I’m an apparition.

An apparition to a little birdy’s past.

P.S I’m assuming you’re prepared to leave soon? –K”

Tiffany grumbled as she folded the paper to fit her palms.

Who was this person that was so invested in taking care of her?

Whatever “danger” there was, Tiffany was sure that it couldn’t be that bad.

Feeling a headache coming on, the girl just mumbled quietly as she retreated back into her room, hoping a good night sleep might help.

Unknown to the girl, someone was watching from the creak of the wall, eyeing every movement of hers as she was walking down that corridor.

Someone who left once the girl disappeared from sight.

Someone, who might be the key to all her questions.

 

 

--

a/n

Hi guys! Please don't kill me! I haven't been updating since forever I know but I can't help it. I have really little time for myself these days and I blame it on school. It's my final semester before I head for internship so you can bet that I'll be really busy till' next year April or so. But as you see, I've updated the fic today and although it isn't much, I wanna say thank you for still being here and for waiting patiently for my nonexistent updates. 

I honestly don't know when will be the next time I'll update a new chapter and I can't promise you anything but I can promise you that I'll get it done when I have my free time. (:

With that, see you at the next update!