Chamaeleon

Another Earth

Call it magic or call it a miracle, but Tiffany had been relieved when her rocket had arrived on Earth II grounds. Sure, she should have expected it but she also expected to die during the time to get to Earth II.

What she didn’t expect however was the warm welcome of the humans there.

It was a little comforting to know that everything on Earth II was an exact replica of her earth but it was also a little bit creepy.

“Just smile like you mean it.” Kim advised her once they arrived on Earth II.

Tiffany had put forth her sweetest smile, or rather those killer ones she used back in Korea for variety shows. She stumbled a little upon seeing the Royal Family and the President greeting their guests once they reached the Parliament House.

Yes, Earth II had a Parliament House as well.

“We the citizens of Earth are very glad to receive our guests from the other Earth today on a very historical day.” The President started his speech and Tiffany remembered being confused.

Earth?

Does that mean they regard her earth as Earth II? Oh well, if it’s the other way round back home, sure it can be like that here too.

“I’d like to introduce our guests to the Royal Family.” The President nodded his head for Bob, Kim and Tiffany to come over.

The girl stiffened upon hearing her hosts for the day. It was no secret to her now to know that Luhan had been the Prince and it was all swapped and…

“Just keep it cool, girly.” Bob laughed upon seeing her posture. “They won’t bite.”

Tiffany nodded her head as if to recompose herself but her heart was still racing fast from the nervousness that was choking her.

“Good Afternoon.” The Queen greeted her guests, before nodding to each of them. “I believe you are Kim, Bob and Tiffany respectively?”

“Yes, Your Majesty.” Kim was the first one to return the greeting. “We’re really honored upon your presence.”

“Please, don’t say that.” She laughed as she gave a pat on Kim’s back. “Come. I’ll introduce you to the rest of our family.”

“Why so stiff, Girly?” Bob whispered to Tiffany who was counting her breath silently. “Like I said, they won’t bite you.”

“I-I’m just nervous.” Tiffany managed a reply but it seemed Bob wasn’t satisfied with the answer. “I’ll tell you later.”

The grand doors opened, leading the group to the dining table where all the members of the mornach were waiting for them.

Talk about a royal feast for even the President and his first lady were present, along with the cabinet of ministers.

Her eyes scanned the room anxiously as she hoped to not see a familiar face but of course things wasn’t going in her favour as there he was; his eyes widening with disbelief.

“M-Mi Young?” She saw his lips quivering as he eyed her from one end to the other.

“It seems that the Prince has taken quite an interest in you, young lady.” The Queen smiled to Tiffany who gave a small nod in return.

Interest? It was more than interest, it was confusion.

Dinner was thankfully pleasant as the guests and hosts exchange information on the other’s planets. Hypocrisy was definitely evident once she heard the Queen stating that they wished they could head to her Earth for the first time as well.

Both Luhan and her knew well enough to know that her Earth had already been visited a few years ago.

Once the dinner ended, Tiffany headed back to her accommodation, a suite in a hotel that they had prepared especially for her.

As she was about the close the door, it got stuck and the girl turned to see why. Her eyes flickered with confusion before sadness as she saw who it was.

“Mi Young.” The man whispered as his eyes caressed her face. “It’s you.”

“Your Highness.” She greeted stiffly as she opened the door for him to enter.

He took a step in hesitantly before locking the door himself. Tiffany saw how awkward his posture had been, just standing there doing nothing.

“What brings you here, Your Highness?” Tiffany bowed her head again but was startled when she received his hug instead. “W-Wha-”

“I missed you.” He spoke ever so softly, his lips grazing over her hair. “It’s been such a long time.”

“How do you even remember who I was? We were only 5 that time.”

“I recognised you from your eyes of course.” Luhan brought his thumb to caress the bottom of her eyes. “They’re still as bright as ever.”

“Don’t act like you know me.” She pushed him away. “You… Do you even know how long I’ve waited for you each day only for the other you to come to me?”

“Mi Young…”

“I’m sorry, Your Highness.” Tiffany was too caught up in her emotions. “You don’t know me. I don’t know you. I only know one Luhan and that is the other you.”

“Y-You know L-Luhan?”

“Of course. We’re really close, if I may add.”

“I see.” Understanding washed through his face. “He’s your boyfriend.”

“Not exactly.” The girl bit her lips in disappointment. “It’s complicated.”

“What if I become your boyfriend instead?” His words rushed out like a speeding train.

“Like I said, it’s complicated. You are a Prince and I am just a normal human being. We both live on different planets as well.”

“We could try.”

“I’d rather not.” Tiffany killed any form of hopes he had. “I came here to know more about the life on this planet.”

“I see.” Luhan took a seat on her bed. “I can help you.”

“I don’t need your help.”

“But of course you do.” His eyes twinkled with mischief, something Tiffany had never seen in the other Luhan. “I’m the Prince. Now tell me, how may I help you?”

“Luhan…”

“Please, Tiffany.” He begged. “I know you don’t want to be near me but I’d like it if you were a little subtle in your hate for me. I really do want to make it up to you. Tell me. How may I help you?”

A sudden thought flashed her mind as she remembered what she wanted to do…

No.

What Kai wanted to do if he ever came here.

“I’d like to meet me.” Tiffany’s voice was as soft as a whisper. “May I?”

“Done.”

“R-Really?”

The man nodded his head as he stood up to place both his hands on her shoulders.

“I told you I wanted to help you and help I will.” He gave a small smile. “Rest. I’ll help you locate Tiffany, whoever and wherever she might be, on this Earth.”

Still surprised at his gesture, the girl nodded her head as she led the Prince out of her hotel room.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” Luhan chuckled. “And I do hope you’ll be much nicer to me.”

Nice might have been an overestimation.

As the man left, Tiffany realised that something was amiss.

Why was Luhan suddenly nice to her? After all, they didn’t meet for a very long time.

How was he able to recognise her?

“It seems that the Prince has taken quite an interest in you, young lady.” The Queen’s words rang in her mind continuously.

How did the Queen knew that he had an interest in her? Tiffany frowned as she realised she was being ridiculous.

Of course she knew. That was her son for God’s sake.

But still, unease stirred in her heart, threatening to tell her something but nothing she could put her fingers on.

Tiffany sighed as she plumped flat on her bed, her mind tired from thinking too much; especially after her long trip here.

It’ll be better tomorrow.

--

a/n I'm so sorry that it took me this long to get the chapter up ): I sincerely hope everyone forgive me for being late and I hope all of you liked the new chapter. Leave me with thoughts on this chapter. What do you think is going to happen? (;

Also, thank you for staying to read even though this story has been on a looong hiatus. I hope to see you again with another update tomorrow! (: Lots of Love!