Chapter Twenty Two

I'll be watching you...

Hae turned around. His eyes locked on his reflection in the mirror. He barely recognised himself.  

He started sobbing again and then suddenly something inside him snapped. He grabbed a lamp and threw it at the mirror. It cracked.

'I hate you, you hear me? I hate you, you worthless piece of !' He screamed. 'Of course he doesn't care for you, look at you, you pathetic excuse for a human being, look at you!!!!' He yelled himself hoarse as he shouted out the self hate.

Yeye barged in the room. 'Hae?' He was worried when he saw the boy's state.

'I'm done, Yeye, I'm ing done with being a loser.'

Yesung hugged him.

'I'm sorry I was such a burden.' Hae whispered.

Yesung held back his tears as he felt the boy trembling in his embrace. He was so relieved that Hae's fire was back in his eyes. 'I'll prepare you some dinner.'

'Thank you, I'm starving.' Hae said as he marched to the bathroom.

 

Hyuk was standing behind Mr Jung as the man was giving one of his boring speeches again. He was mentally and physically exhausted. He worked hard so he wouldn't have time to think, to feel. He sometimes laughed bitterly at his own behaviour. He even wondered if he was having hallucinations cause he thought he just had seen Kyuhyun in the audience.

Mr. Jung finished his speech and was escorted by Hyuk to a backroom where the politician immediately grabbed his phone.

'Ahhh me here, can you make sure that boy from last night is at my place in an hour?' Jung said with a disgusting smirk.

Hyuk felt shivers run down his back. His employer often had "relations" with young boys who were desperate for money or attention. Hyuk had witnessed more than he wished for already.

 

It was the start of a new week and Hae was feeling physically fine. He ate, slept and exercised well to regain his weight and strength. Kyu and Siwon came by every day and were happy to see their friend grabbing a hold on himself.

They were sitting in the garden enjoying their lunch but Hae could feel the tension between his friends.

'Spill it.' He said.

Kyu and Siwon each looked a second at each other and then away.

'I want to know what is going on right now.' Hae demanded.

'Wonnie and I had a fight.' Kyu said.

'Kyu!' Siwon yelled.

'About?' Hae asked.

'Whether or not we should give you certain information.' Kyu said calmly.

'Kyu damn it!'

Hae ignored Siwon's outburst and waited.

Kyu looked at Hae and took his hand. 'I found Hyukjae.'

Hae forced himself to not move a muscle, to not show any reaction nor emotion. 'Where?'

'He guards that politician, Mr. Jung.' Kyu said.

Hae stood up and hugged both his friends. 'I love you guys.' He whispered. He sat back down and continued his lunch.

Siwon relaxed.

 

 Another two weeks passed and Hae was back to his normal self. Everyone around him was relieved.

It was a friday evening and Hae stormed into his appa's office.

'Appa! I want to go to a dance tonight!' He yelled as he hugged his father.

Mr. Lee smiled. 'Sure, I'm glad you are interested in socialising again, Donghae.'

Hae smiled and ran upstairs to get ready.

 

A couple of hours later and Hae was finally done. He never looked more handsome. But then again, Yeye was not a reliable source judging by his choice of wardrobe.

Hae knew he looked hot in black though. He smiled at his image and gave it an ok sign.

 

As he walked into the party he saw lots of rich and famous people. As soon as he was recognised, people flocked around him, wanted to be associated with him. Hae smiled and slowly drank the champagne as he let his eyes wander.

'Well if it isn't the gorgeous heir of Lee Cooperations.' A slimey voice said from behind.

Hae turned with a fake smile. 'Mr. Jung!' He said and shook the older man's hand. Hae saw a figure freezing right behind the politician. He knew who it was but he refused to direct his gaze towards him.

'Donghae, so how have you been? I heard you were kidnapped by some sickos.' The politician said while he put his hand around Hae's shoulder.

Hyukjae couldn't believe it. He was trying to get over the shock of seeing Hae so suddenly and now he had to digest that ert's hands all over his Hae? Thank god Hae didn't notice him. Hyukjae decided to keep his distance although his eyes never left Hae.

'I'm fine! It was scary but no damage was done.' Hae said.

'Good to hear, good to hear. One can not be safe enough lately. That guy there is my bodyguard.' Jung exclaimed.

Hyuk bit his lip and fought his instinct to childishly dive under a table to hide.

'Donghae meet Lee Hyukjae.' Jung said.

Hyuk looked up and was surprised to see Hae's emotionless face.

'Nice to meet you, sir.' Hae said as he bowed and stretched out his hand.

Hyuk just stared and shook the other's hand.

'Not the talkative kind, I see.' Hae mocked towards Jung and called upon another waitress to renew their drinks.

'Donghae, I have an after party later on back at my place, I would be honoured if you would join me.' Jung said while he lustfully hovered all over Hae.

Hyuk wanted to punch the politician, to shout 'no' and to grab Hae and take him far away from this decadency. He tried to warn Hae with his bodylanguage but like always the boy was way too oblivious.

'I would love to!' Hae beamed.

Mr Jung couldn't believe his luck and wetted his lips in anticipation as his eyes kept on admiring Hae's beauty.