Chapter Nineteen

I'll be watching you...

Hyuk could leave the hospital immediately but Hae had to stick around for a couple more days. Since Hae still had nightmares, Hyuk never left his side for long. Hae knew the other felt guilty about everything that had happened and he had caught a sad look in the other's eyes more than once. Because Hae couldn't stand this, they were back to bickering constantly.

'Hey I was watching that!' Hyuk protested when Hae flipped the channel.

Hae ignored him and kept changing channels.

Hyuk stood up from his chair and tried to take the remote control. Hae just laughed and kept it out of the other's reach.

'Donghae, hand it over.' Hyuk said slowly and sternly.

'Nope.' Hae giggled.

'Last warning, you brat, give it.' Hyuk growled.

Hae bit his lip. He shook his head.

Hyuk reached out as much as he could, hovering over the younger's body. Suddenly he felt something wet against his neck.

He looked down into the too innocent eyes of the boy.

'Did you just... me?' Hyuk's voice was hoarse.

Hae's face flushed.

'You better watch it, you little punk, or I'll take you right here, right now.' Hyuk said.

Hae looked up to meet his stare and Hyuk gulped.

'You really are beautiful.' Hyuk whispered.

Hae really wanted a kiss but Hyuk already had removed himself.

 

It was the day that Hae was allowed to leave the hospital. He just had to wait for one more visit his doctor would give him and then he was all set to go.

Hyuk had packed all of their things already and was standing at the window, staring at the cloudy sky.

'Hyuk?' Hae said softly.

'Hmmm.'

'When we get home, I know we'll have our final .' He said bluntly. He saw Hyuk freeze. 'But I have one condition.'

Hyuk was kind of amused. Wasn't Hae the one that had asked for the ? Now he added a condition?  Despite the lack of logic he was curious. 'What do you want?'

'Let's stop by Sungmin on our way home.' Hae said softly.

Hyuk snapped his head towards the boy. Disbelief all over his face. 'Say WHAT?' He screamed.

Hae winced.

'Why the would I visit him?'

'Cause he's your brother.' Hae said.

'He's the monster that made it possible for you to be harmed. He wanted you dead!' Hyuk was out of his mind.

'He wanted you to suffer.' Hae continued. 'But maybe we should listen to his story.'

'His story? Didn't you hear what he said while Heechul was trying to r you?'

Hae winced again. His eyes got all teary with the memory.

'Hae, please don't cry.' Hyuk begged. 'This is all my fault!' Hyuk let out in frustration. 'If I hadn't accepted the job, all of this wouldn't have happened!'

Hae stared at him, his eyes all sad. 'Yeah, Hyuk, we would never have met, we would never have had ,...'

'Aish, can't you think about anything but ?' Hyuk screamed.

Hae smiled weakly. The irony made him even chuckle.

'Why are you laughing, is this funny to you?' Hyuk fumed.

'It is in a twisted, sick way.' Hae mumbled. 'But let me explain one thing to you.' Hae got out of his hospital bed and moved in on the older.

'You' Hae poked him in the chest repeatedly.

'Will'

'Meet'

'With Sungmin'

Hyuk opened his mouth. 'Shut up!' Hae barked. It took Hyuk aback.

'And then you will have with me so you can erase the filthy feeling I'm left with because of Heechul.' Hae whispered, his eyes staring determined into his lover's.

Hyuk gulped. Again he opened his mouth.

Hae lowered his hand and palmed Hyuk's clothed arousal. 'And don't you dare say you don't want to.'

Hyuk suddenly realised that Hae was hanging on a thread. He could see that the boy could collapse mentally any second now so he just nodded.

The doctor entered and Hyuk quickly turned around to the window again, to hide the tent that had formed in his pants.

 

'Lee, you have a visitor.' The cop said as he opened Sungmin's jail door.

Sungmin just turned to his side. 'Don't want to.' He mumbled.

'It's your brother.'

'Heechul!' Sungmin jumped up and rushed to the visiting area. After he got checked by the cop he entered and froze.

'Hey Min.' Hyuk said calmly.

'Why are you here?'

'Hae made me.'

'He still has you wrapped around his little finger, doesn't he?' Min smiled without joy.

'Heechul's wound has healed and he's doing okay with his medication and therapy.' Hyuk said softly.

Min's composure started to break down.

'I will never be able to forgive you.' Hyuk said as he looked his brother in the eye.

'I don't want you to.'

'Not because the intent you had towards me, but because what you made Hae go through.'

'I hate how you still have the audacity to look sad.' Sungmin screamed. 'You have literally everything. You have talents, you have friends, you have money, you have someone you care for and that person loves you back and STILL you look sad.' He was beyond anger.

'Min.'

'Don't call me that!'

'Min, If you had taken away my friends, my money, my skill, I would have forgiven you but you involved an innocent boy. Unforgivable. And yes I care for Hae more than I should but we will never happen. Not only because the one brother I had, I lost but also because that brother unbreakably linked me towards everything bad that has happened to Hae.'

Sungmin just stared fiercely.

'I just came here to tell you that you won.' Hyuk ended his visit and returned to the door.

'How have I won?' Sungmin snarled.

'You have damned me to eternal suffering by presenting me with heaven and then dragging me to hell.'

Sungmin frowned.

'Farewell, brother.' Hyuk whispered and left.