Chapter Eighteen

I'll be watching you...

'Hyuk, let go of him.' A voice yelled.

'Just kill me too, please, I-I don't want to go on.' Hyuk's entire body was in pain. His grip on Hae tightened.

'You are going to suffocate him, you fool.'

Hyuk frowned. Hae was already dead, air was no longer a necessity.

'He's in shock, Kangin.' Kyu said. He kneeled next to Hyuk. 'Hyukjae, listen to me. Hae is not dead, he merely fainted, but we need to check his wounds. The ambulance is on the way. I repeat. Hae is not dead.'

Hyuk's head snapped up. He looked in the concerned eyes of Hae's friend. His gaze returned to Hae and he immediately let go of his death grip. 'Not dead?' He whispered.

'You ing bastard, you shot my brother!' Sungmin screamed at Siwon who was holding him down.

Hyuk was so confused. 'Heechul got shot?'

'Yes, Kangin figured out something was off about Sungmin so he dug a little deeper and found the connection between him and Heechul. When we entered this room and we saw what that sicko was about to do to Hae, Siwon lost it, he grabbed Kangin's gun and shot Heechul.' Kyu said softly.

Hyuk started trembling all over his body. The medics arrived and gently took care of Hae. They needed to sedate Hyuk though since everything became too much and he had started vomiting.

 

Hyuk woke up as he was hearing voices.

'I'm so sorry Hae Hae.' Siwon said.

'It's okay, Wonnie.' Hae sounded so weak. Hyuk was about to get out of his bed when he heard something that devastated him.

'I shouldn't have rejected you.' Hae said. Hyuk froze. 'I know what rejection feels like, Wonnie, it really hurts.'

'Don't cry, Hae.' Siwon gently wiped away the tears.

'I'm glad he's not dead though.' Hae sniffed.

'You mean Heechul?' Siwon asked.

'Yeah.'

'He'll be locked up in a mental institution while Sungmin will go to jail.' Siwon said.

Hae started crying even more.

Hyuk couldn't help himself, he had to see Hae. So he climbed out of bed and moved the curtain that was seperating them.

Hae's head shot up and their eyes met.

After a couple of seconds Hyuk had enough courage to speak. 'You ok?'

Hae nodded. 'You?'

'Yeah.'

Hae looked away. 'I'm sorry.' He whispered.

'Why?'

'I caused you so much trouble.'

Hyuk couldn't help it. He started laughing. He laughed even more when he saw Siwon and Hae's confused faces. Tears ran down his cheeks. 'You are sorry? Seriously? My brother and his wacko brother completely tried to ruin you because they hate me and YOU are sorry?'

'Wonnie, can you leave us for a second?' Hae said, his eyes not leaving the hysterical monkey.

As soon as Siwon left, Hae slapped Hyuk...hard.

'Ouch, what the hell!' Hyuk yelled.

'Snap out of it.' Hae yelled back. 'You are freaking me out'

'If I don't laugh, I'll cry.' Hyuk confessed.

'Hyukkie?' Hae sounded so vulnerable.

Hyuk looked up.

'Please hold me.'

Hyuk laid himself next to him and wrapped his arms around him, letting Hae rest on his chest.

'Are you really okay, Hae?'

'They told me h-he didn't r me.'

'He didn't, Siwon was just in time.'

'I'm sorry you had to see me in such a disgusting way.'

'Hae, look at me.'

Hae obeyed.

'You could never be disgusting to me, ever!'

Tears were welling up again in the younger's eyes.

'Shhhh baby, it's all over now. You are free.'

'So I'll never see you again?' Hae asked, his voice oh so fragile.

'I-I, there is no position for me. But you have Kyu and Siwon.'

'H-how about friendship?' Hae tried.

Hyuk shook his head. No way he could watch Hae and not being allowed to touch him.

'Is it because what I said then?' Hae asked.

'You were in shock, Hae, I'm not taking that confession as true.'

'Oh, I see.' Hae looked away again. 'Can we have one more time before you...'

Hyuk's eyes widened.

Hae took it as a no and sighed. 'I understand, I guess I'm tainted goods now.'

Hyuk felt so enraged. He got on top of Hae and slammed his lips against the other's.

'Tainted?' He growled.

Hae was trembling.

'As soon as we both are out of this damn hospital, I'll just show you how tainted you are to me.' Hyuk's voice was so aggressive and hoarse it sent shivers down Hae's back.

Hae pushed the nurse button.

'What are you doing?' Hyuk asked as he jumped out of the bed.

'Getting us out of here.' Hae smiled.