Chapter Thirteen

I'll be watching you...

'Yes, Hyukjae?' Donghae's father looked at the bodyguard.

'I quit.'  Hyuk said calmly.

Mr. Lee frowned. 'Why?'

'I'm not the right person for the job.'

'But you are doing great.'

There was some silence.

'Is Donghae giving you a hard time?' Mr Lee sighed.

'N-no.'

'I know my boy all too well, he's not cooperating is he?'

'Sir, it's not like that.'

'Well, I can't force you.'

'My brother will provide you with a replacement.'

'Okay, thanks for your hard work so far.' Mr. Lee said softly.

 

'Damn it Hyuk you can't quit just like that!' Min was beyond furious.

'Watch me.'

'What the hell happened?'

'It doesn't matter!'

'Apparently it does!'

'What's going on?' A sleepy Donghae appeared in the doorway. He was rubbing his eyes, trying to wake up properly.

'I'll leave it to you to explain this.' Min left.

'Hyuk? What...' Donghae's eye fell on the suitcases near Hyuk's bed. He gasped. 'Y-y-y-you are leaving me?' He stuttered.

'Look, this isn't going to work.' Hyuk avoided eye contact.

'I'll behave from now on.' Hae said with a small voice.

'Good, your new bodyguard will be pleased with that.' Hyuk said coldly.

'Is it something I said or did?' Hae asked.

Hyuk just kept packing his stuff. After a while he glanced at the door and was relieved the younger was gone. Hyuk sat down on his bed and supported his head with his hands.

 

'Donghae?' Hyuk knocked on his door.

Hae opened it. It was obvious he had been crying.

'Can I enter?'

Hae just nodded.

'Listen to me carefully. Kangin will be your new bodyguard, he's very good, obey him. You really are in danger, it's no joke.'

Hae just stared at the wall. In real danger? Yet you leave me. What does that mean?

'Did you hear what I said?' Hyuk said.

'Yes, sir.' Hae said making Hyuk wince.

 

'Hi, Donghae, I'm Kangin.' A muscled man came to greet him an hour later.

Hae got up from his bed and bowed. 'Hi, sir, I'm Donghae, pleased to meet you.'

Kangin went over certain routines and left the boy alone afterwards.

'He's not tough to handle at all.' Kangin said to Min.

'Yeah, thank you again for filling in.'

 

Kyuhyun took one look at the crawled up Hae and stormed off. Siwon had told him what had happened and he still didn't get it.

He was still amazed Sungmin had given him Hyuk's address but he didn't think about it as he rang the bell.

Hyukjae opened the door. 'What can I do for you?'

Kyu lashed out and would have hit the monkey right on the nose if the latter's reflexes hadn't kicked in. Hyuk grabbed Kyu's wrist and pulled him inside.

'Want to try that again?' Hyuk hissed.

'Honestly? Yes! How could you!' Kyu yelled.

'It's in his best interest!'

'Yeah right, you just chickened out!'

Hyuk's muscles tensed up. 'I did not, I can't do that particular assignment.'

'All I hear is pok pok pok, you chicken!'

Hyuk slammed his fist right next to Kyu's head into the wall. 'Just leave me be!'

Kyu stared at him. 'If anything happens to Hae, I'll never forgive you.' He whispered and calmly left.

 

Hae woke up in the middle of the night. He felt so restless. Things just didn't add up. He searched his desk and found the papers with the address. He quickly got dressed and left the house through his window.

He had to talk to Hyukjae one more time.

He ran down the street, it was quite chilly. Hae didn't care though, he only thought of trying to convince Hyuk to come back. He didn't even notice a car slowing down, a window being pulled down,...

Next thing he knew, Hae felt a small stinging feeling in the back of his neck. His hand went up to touch it as his knees already gave out. The world turned black as his last thought was still on Hyukjae.