Chapter Two

I'll be watching you...

'A bodyguard, appa?' Hae shouted.

'Calm down, son.' The old man sighed.

'Why do I need a bodyguard?'

'Cause you are my son and I would sleep better at night.'

Hae looked at the dark circles decorating his appa's face.

'Ok, but not him.' He pointed at Hyukjae.

'He's the best.'

'He's an idiot, he punched Siwon!'

'Well he might have been a bit impulsive.' Sungmin joined the conversation with a harsh look towards his brother. 'but like your father said, he is the best.'

'Look kid, your friends were acting suspiciously, I had to act first and question it later.' Hyukjae mumbled in a deep voice.

 'See? He's a neanderthal!' Hae exclaimed.

Hyukjae just stood there and smirked a little. This kid was actually quite amusing.

'Appa, just pick someone else, this one is incompetent.'

Hyuk's smirk disappeared. He had his honour and pride. 'Sir, it's not necessary that your son likes me, actually it will work better if he doesn't.'

'Yesung?' The old man looked at his most trusted employee for advice.

Yesung looked from his boss to the son to Hyukjae and sighed.

'Yeye hyung?' Hae pleaded.

Yesung remembered the letters and his heart clenched. 'If this man is the best in the field, he should be hired.'

Hae looked betrayed. Why was everyone going against him?

The old man chose to compromise. 'Let's give it a try, if you still object in 5 weeks, I might reconsider it. Can you start next week?'

Hyukjae just nodded.

Hae left the room and banged his shoulder hard against his new bodyguard. He winced as it felt like hitting a brick wall. He saw that smirk reappearing on the other's face and stormed out.

 

'Why do you suddenly need a bodyguard?' Kyu asked.

'I think appa is having nightmares again.' Hae sighed, he was sitting on his bedroom floor playing with his shoe laces.

Kyu looked from the bed over Hae's head towards Siwon who was leaning against the wall. Their eyes showed concern.

'How's your cheek?' Hae asked.

'It's healing, don't worry about it.' Siwon said. 'And stop buying me stuff!'

Hae pouted. 'You don't like it?'

'I do, but you didn't do anything wrong, Hae.'

'He's worried of losing you as a friend.' Kyu said softly.

'Shhh people might think I'm nice.' Hae laughed.

A rigid knock on the door disturbed them. Without waiting for a reply, Hyukjae entered.

'What do you want?' Hae sneered.

'Hi, Donghae, nice to see you too.' Hyukjae said sarcasticly. 'Siwon, Kyuhyun.' He bowed slightly.

'Hyung' the other two greeted back.

Hyukjae grabbed Siwon's chin and inspected the bruise. 'You are a fast healer, sorry about that.'

'It's ok, hyung, it has its benefits.' Siwon smiled.

'Yeah girls at school are even more crazy about him now.' Kyu rolled his eyes.

'Why are you here?' Hae asked.

'To inform you I'll come with you to school tomorrow.'

'Seriously?'

'Yes, I officially start in a couple of days but I need to explore all the familiar places you attend.'

'Won't that be too suspicious?' Kyu asked.

'I'll go under cover.'

'As what?' Siwon asked.

'Your friend.' Hyukjae said with a pokerface.

'Just great. Now I'll have to act friendly with you too?' Hae said.

'With your sense of drama, that shouldn't be a problem.' Hyuk stated.

Kyu laughed but quit as he met Hae's not so amused glare.

'Good, that is settled. I'll leave you guys alone.' Hyuk said. He walked back to the door. 'Oh yea, how's the shoulder, Donghae?'

Hyuk left the room quickly and smirked as he heard something hit the door.