Chapter 3

Loving My Sister's Bias

Yuna POV
Where could my sister be? She's usually home by now. I hope nothing happened to her. It was almost 11 and Ae-Cha was always back from the library by ten thirty. I tried calling her but she never answered. The reason why I'm freaking out is because I have to leave for my dance class. I'm always the first one there and I want my streak to continue. Then again no one is ever on time anyway. I shouldn't worry too much about that. Oh Ae-Cha you better be on your way home.

 
Soon I heard the front door open. I got up to see who it was. It was my sister. Thank god she's home.
 
"Yah! Why don't you answer your phone?" I said to her.
 
"I'm sorry Eunni, was busy studying." she answered, not looking at me.
 
"Well I'm happy that you're into school, but you could at least tell me that you're going to stay longer."
 
"Okay. It won't happen again."
 
"What's wrong? Did something happen?"
 
Ae-Cha was silent for bit, then spoke. "I ran into Miss. Know-it-all. Or more like she ran into me."
 
"Did she make fun of you again?"
 
"Not really. Although I'm pretty sure I made fool out of her." Ae-Cha gave a smirk.
 
"Well I'm glad that you didn't have any problems."
 
"Yeah. Now that I've seen her on my Saturday I just want to sleep. Have fun being out Eunni." Ae-Cha took a bottled water then headed upstairs. 
 
When I heard her door close, I gave sigh, 'Oh, Ae-Cha... If only you knew why you're life is like this...'
 
I grabbed my bag and left my home for my dance practice. As I was walking, I noticed two girls sitting at the bus stop. They were ELFs. I knew that because they were talking about a SuJu concert.
 
"You're going right? Because it wouldn't be the same without you..." one said.
 
"Of course I'm going." the other assured her friend. "I've been getting the grades my parents expected so they're allowing me to go."
 
"Oh good. The concerts going to be sold out as soon as they go on sale. We have to get the ones we want."
 
"Don't worry about it. We'll get them."
 
Inside I had pure jealousy but who was I kidding. I'll never be able to go to one because my sister is an anti. The reason I want to go with Ae-Cha is because I want it to memorable. It's best to always remember your first concert. I guess I could just go with a friend or by myself, but if I'm going to see my favorite group in concert, I have to see it with my sister. That's why I've been trying to get her into SuJu but its just impossible. The best I can do is just go on the computer and watch fancams. If they're even good...
 
When I entered through the doors of my dance class, as expected, I was the first one there. Everyone else just comes late, which drives my teacher crazy. We're supposed to start at 12:20, but we always began ten or fifteen minutes late. That's why lessons are sometimes shorter then expected. But I always get my two hours because while everyone is just arriving my teacher gives me a pre-lesson. This helps me improve. And most importantly, increases my chances...
 
Not only am I the first to come, but I'm the last to leave. I don't do this on purpose to get noticed. Ae-Cha knows I hang out longer with my friends more then two hours. I have to make it believable. As I was packing my stuff, Miss Kim came over to me.
 
"Yuna, I don't want you staying over this time." she told me. "You must rest."
 
"I can't. I have to practice to get better." I said.
 
"I know practice is good but if you over do it, you'll end up hurting yourself... Please go home and rest."
 
"Not until I get the move you taught me right. I still have—"
 
She grabbed my arm before I could even do anything. "Maybe I should just go on with it huh? I was going to announce this next week, but it can no longer wait."
 
"Bwoh?" I tilted my head.
 
Miss. Kim smiled. "You know that position for an opening act I've been telling you about? Well guess what, I'm choosing you."
 
"R-Really? You are? Please tell me you're joking."
 
"Nope. It's all true."
 
I started to squeal. "Wah! I can't believe I get to be an opening act for a concert."
 
"I'll be sure to tell you who you're partner is soon."
 
My smile faded. "P-Partner? I have to perform with someone? You never told me that..."
 
"I'm sorry Yuna, but it was the only way to get the deal. You have to sing as well."
 
Sing? No. I don't want to sing. I mean I can but I just don't want to do it in front of people. I'm scared when people hear me sing. Only a few people know that I can sing. This doesn't mean my sister. Not even she knows about what happened to me when my friend heard my voice and was video recording without me knowing. She then used it durning school announcements and made public that it was me. I was soon asked to sing in front of class. My voice cracked and people laughed at me. I never sang again. I guess I had a little bit of stage fright but I feel comfortable dancing on stage instead.
 
"So I'm not doing this alone?" I asked.
 
"You'll be paired up with someone in Miss. Choi's singing class. Would you like to come a little bit earlier to see who it'll be?"
"Anio. But could ask if I could meet her privately sometime? I have to make sure my sister comes home from the library each Saturday morning so I can't be out."
 
"Understood. I'll be sure to tell Miss. Choi. See you next week Yuna."
 
After waving goodbye, I left the classroom and slowly made my back home. How dissappointing. I have to do my dream with someone I don't know. Well whoever my partner is they better make sure I get my chance to be in the spotlight. I've waited to long to get this opportunity.
 
The thought of having a partner had taken over me and I wasn't paying any attention where I was going. Someone had ran into me but then caught me before I landed on the ground.
 
"I'm sorry I wasn't—" I looked at the person. My eyes widen. "Y-You're... You're—"