Chapter 20

Loving My Sister's Bias

Ae-Cha POV
After just one day, how can I be this sick? What could of possibly happened? Because of my stuffy nose I can hardly breathe and coughing so much causes my throat to hurt. I feel like I'm going to die. I feel so weak. And my fever is high. Yuna knew I couldn't go to school. Instead she took me the hospital. The doctor claims its nothing serious. That I just need some rest and take some medication. But the real answer I want is how I got it in the first place. It doesn't make sense.

I continued to stay in bed and as Yuna called the school saying I wasn't coming, I took my phone and texted Ryeowook that I wasn't feeling well and didn't know how long it was going to last. I was going to tell Eunhyuk too, but I didn't want both knowing and worrying about me at the same time. I quickly put my phone away as I heard Yuna come back upstairs.
 
"Well, looks like you're staying home." she said. "Can I get you something?"
 
I shook my head. Then coughed causing me to have more pain in my throat.
 
"Okay, if you need anything just call me. I'll be going out to pick some stuff. Will you be okay by yourself for awhile?"
 
"I can handle it." I said weakly. "It's not like I can go anywhare."
 
After Yuna left, I got my phone once more. Ryeowook had texted back saying if he could come over. Wait he wants to see me? I thought he was busy.
 
Ryeowook: I care about your health more then my schedule. I'm coming now.
 
I didn't know wheather to be happy or to panic. I didn't know when Yuna was going to come back. But was glad that I was going to have a visitor. I hope Ryeowook will understand that he can't stay that long. I'm not letting my sister know about the things I've done with him.
 
With him coming in mind, I knew I was the only one who could open the door. Slowly I got out of bed and begen with a head start on going downstairs. My legs felt wobbly so I was holding on to the rail as if my life depended on it. It was a good thing I did this because right when I reached the last step, I heard the door bell. 
 
"Annoyong." Ryeowook greeted when I opened the door. "I'm sorry I had made you get out of bed. Just to open the door."
 
"Ani. I needed to walk. If I stayed in bed all day, I don't think I'd be able to leave at all." I said closing the door after he entered. "So what brings you here besides me being sick."
 
"I just wanted make sure you're okay, have you eaten yet?" he headed for the kitchen.
 
"Not yet. But I am a little hungry."
 
"Alright I'll make you something. Did you want anything in particular?"
 
I went to grab my mom's cookbook and flipped to the page of her porraige. "My mother use to make that when we were sick. Yuna's been giving me this but hers is too watery. The recipe is simple. Can you make this for me?"
 
He nodded. "Okay I'll do my best. Just go to your room and rest a little."
 
I gave a smile and returned to my room. All I did was lay down on my bed. My eyes were closed but I couldn't sleep. How can I when I know Ryeowook is in my house? All I hope is that Yuna will not return home while he's here.
 
Ever since we went to Haneul Park, I couldn't stop thinking of the dream I had. He had kissed me. It was just an allusion. But still I sometimes feel like Ryeowook is more then a firend now. More then a brother? I haven't figured that out yet. Even so, the dream replays every time I sleep.
 
 When I heard the door open, I truned to see Ryeowook with the food tray in his hands.
 
"Did you even sleep at all?" he asked placing the tray in front of me.
 
I shook my head. "I've takin too many naps. So I just layed in bed."
 
"So as long as your resting. Here you can eat then."
 
I looked at the porraige and it just looked like how mom made it. There's still one question: does it taste like it?
 
"I really tried. So I kind of adjusted some things." he handed me a spoon and waited for my reaction. "Well..."
 
My eyes widen. "WAH! This is way better then my mother's. It's amazing."
 
"Really?"
 
"Ne. In fact I feel a lot better now."
 
"That's good. So why did your mom make that when you were sick?"
 
"She said if you get the ingredients right, it can cure any illness. I didn't believe her but every time someone fell ill the porraige made them better the next day. She gave the basic recipe, but she had a secret ingredient that was added in order for it to work..."
 
"So you feel better now?"
 
"Ne."
 
"If you feel better, how come it worked? This was my first time making it and I didn't know about the secret."
 
"Well you said you adjusted it right?"
 
"Yeah but just the measurements, I didn't add anything else..."
 
My mouth opened to say something but nothing came out. How did it work? I'll never know. Still I continued to eat every last bit of it as we talked. There was sometimes an awkward silence. Ryeowook looked more and more nervous when there was nothing to talk about. Soon he took my bowl away right when I was done and went to the kitchen to go clean it.
 
Then my eyes started dropping. Oh no. I slapped myself to stay awake. I forgot the porraige makes you sleepy no matter what amount you take in. I didn't want to sleep because I was scared to see that dream again. It was too late. And there was no use fighting against it. I rested my head on my pillow and stared out the window, till I saw nothing but darkness.
 
Ryeowook POV
My heart was pounding fast against my chest. I couldn't think of anything else to say to her. Things were just coming out of my mouth. Talk about Mr. Simple Random. I had almost stated my feelings. 
 
"It's not like I like you more then a firend." I had said nervously.
 
Ae-Cha looked at me as if I were crazy. If she would of thought about it a little more, she would of known. But I bet she just thought I was just joking around. Even though technically, I wasn't...
 
Still the thought had carried over. I need to confess. I just don't know when. Plus she likes Eunhyuk. How should I break it down. It's not like I can go up to her and say it out of the blue. And I would have to pass Yuna. It isn't going to be easy.
 
After finishing washing the dishies, I had recived a text. Eunhyuk was telling me I had to come back. Also he had saw Yuna and was warning me that she was coming back home.
 
Quickly I dried everything and went upstairs to tell Ae-Cha I was leaving. But when I opened the door to her room, she was fast asleep. I came over to her and bent down. Her breaths were slow and calm, just like how they were when she rested at Haneul Park. After leaving a note on her side table, I leaned foreword and softly kissed her on the check.
 
"Sleep well." I whispered.
 
After taking one last look at her, I made sure I had everything before leaving. Also I made sure nothing changed so that Yuna wouldn't notice that someone was here. With the last check, I headed out. I ran away from the house as if I never saw it. Lucky for me I made it to the dorm and Yuna didn't see me. Hopefully...
 
"Okay good she didn't catch you." Eunhyuk sighed with relief after I told him what happened. "You're just so lucky I managed to get her to stay with me for a little longer..."
 
"How did you managed to do that?" I asked.
 
He was about to say it but changed his mind last minute. "I'd rather not talk about it..."
 
"What did you do?"
 
"I said I don't want to talk about it..."
 
"Did you promise her that I'd hang out with her more because if you did I—"
 
"Yah! I didn't say that!" he paused to calm himself. "I... I kissed her..."
 
I can imagine the range Yuna had when Eunhyuk did that. Who knows how bad that went. Now I owe him big time. Which is kind of even. Depending on what he'll make me do. All I could say to him was 'Komawo'. For sure it was going to take more then a thank you to pay back what Eunhyuk did.
 
After finishing the last of our schedules,  we all went striaght to our rooms. I was going to enter my room but I heard Leeteuk call me and Eunhyuk. This was going to be a problem. Why didn't I just run to my room and lock myself up?
 
"Is there something you two aren't telling to anyone but yourselves?" he asked.
 
I glanced at Eunhyuk. We gave each other looks telling if we should confess or not.
 
"Well there's no need to hind it. I already know."
 
Our jaws drop to the ground.
 
"Hyung you know..." I started.
 
"It was kind of difficult at first but Eunhyuk made hints. I figured it out mostly."
 
I did a facepalm. Great, now we'll have to explain everything. Well I guess it was bound to come out sooner or later. I'm actually kind of glad it was Leeteuk that found out instead of the others. That way we don't have to hind anything anymore from him. It's less guilt. After explaining to our leader what we were going through, he promised he wouldn't tell anyone. 
 
"And listen, that's all you needed to do. Tell me and I'll understand your privacy." Leeteuk said.
 
"Sorry hyung." we both said.
 
After our leader left, Eunhyuk and I were left in silence, till I spoke, "So is Yuna mad at you?"
 
He sighed. "I don't know actually... She just seemed shocked... Either way I just know she's not going to talk to me."
 
We ended up talking some more. Then Eunhyuk had told me something that somehow didn't seem surpising to me. But started to give me warnings that I couldn't put together. Soon we went to our rooms. Right when I laid on my bed, I got a text. 
 
Ae-Cha: Ryeowook... I think we should stop seeing each other...
 
At first, I thought she was just joking but after receiving another message that I had just sent, I was now freaking out.
 
Yuna: Yah! Stay away from my sister you hear me.