Battlefield

Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Dara paced back and forth. Her hands behind her back. She marched like a sergeant. 

 

"Okay comrades! We have an operation."

 

 

OPERATION : SEDUCE JIYONG

 

 

She then faced her "comrades". 

 

Actually, just a comrade.

 

TamTam.

 

On her bed.

 

"Comrade TamTam! I need a plan!" She stood infront of the lifeless doll.

 

Comrade TamTam just stared at her with his button eyes.

 

Dara sighed.

 

I'm pathetic.

 

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

Jiyong is in his room, staring at the ceiling. He was pondering over how stupid and silly he was moments ago. And to think that Dara actually took his bet seriously, made him smile. He was sure that she was idiotic. But not to this extent. He will fall for her first?

 

Hah! Over his dead y body.

 

He then stared at the spot where Dara and he were standing just now. He then remembered on how he hold her. She was petite. Gosh! Jiyong just wanted to feed her all the junk food in the world. Not that he cared, though. Yeah, she has a big nose. But she looked cute up close. He gave her credit for that.

 

Jiyong shook his head. 

 

What was he thinking?

 

He proposed the bet.

 

She accepted it.

 

He better win it.

 

 

 

Operation: Head Over Heels For Me

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Dara's POV

 

Its my first day of school today. To be in the same school as that...that... JERK. After thinking of a plan with TamTam which will bring both of us immense victory, I went to sleep.

 

Have we planned anything?

 

Psssssshhhhhhh. Well...........

 

No.

 

Urgh.

 

Patience is virtue.

 

To come up with a brilliant idea that could shake the humankind takes a lot of patience and time. So... I went to sleep so that I could wake up early. First impressions are important. Of course I would not want to be late for the first day!

 

I tied my hair in a high messy bun, letting my fringe down with my side hair tracing the shape of my face. Putting a butterfly headband just behind my fringe that separates it from the rest of my hair. I look again at my reflection.

 

Dara, HWAITING!

 

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Dara went down the stairs.

 

Well not actually went down.

 

 

TUMBLED DOWN.

 

 

Worst of all, Jiyong was there to witness it. He shook his head.

 

"Idiot." He whispered.

 

"Oh dear! Are you okay?!" Mrs. Kwon quickly get to her feet.

 

Dara, with her face flat on the ground, managed to show her right thumb up, signaling that she was okay. With much difficulty, she raised her body from the ground and dust her uniform. Despite the fall, her bun was pretty much the same. DARA POWER!

 

She went straight to the breakfast table and sat herself beside Jiyong. Jiyong smirked. He was definitely planning something. Something that slowly will bring victory to him. 

 

Let's start.

 

"Good morning." Jiyong whispered near to her ears.

 

It sends shiver down Dara'a spine. She almost choke on her bread. Her body stiffens.

 

 

 

No Dara. He is just playing with you. There is a bet, remember? Get a grip.

 

 

 

Dara composed herself and whipped her head and face Jiyong. 

 

 

 

You want to play? Two can play the same game, Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

Dara closed her eyes. She advanced towards Jiyong.

 

She puckered her lips.

 

Not caring whether she looked silly.

 

Not caring that she looked exactly like a DUCK.

 

 

 

 

"Umm, Dara. What are you doing?" Mrs. Kwon's voice broke her plan.

 

Dara's eyes snapped open. She looked at Jiyong's smirking face. With her lips still puckering, she advanced back to her seat. With her lips still puckering, she looked down at her food. With her lips still puckering, she was thinking of ways to end her miserable life. From Dara's side glance, she could see Mrs. Kwon giggling like a little girl. Probably about the stunt that she pulled just now. Mrs. Kwon saw Dara glancing at her.

 

She gave Dara a wink.

 

Dara blushed.

 

She really was embarrassed of the things that happened just now.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyong's POV

 

One word.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

What was she thinking, really? I can't even... It's official. She is really an IDIOT. We are now in my appa's car. It was an awkward silence. Dara was sitting at the end of the backseat, trying to get far away from me as possible. I should clap my hands at her witty thinking. Honestly, I didn't expect that to happen.

 

"I think I'm ugly! And nobody wants to love me! Just like her, I want to be pretty~!" 

 

Appa kept singing in his high pitch voice. It was embarrassing! Dara tried to stop her laughter but obviously failed.

 

"Dara-yah, am I good at singing?"

 

"Very good sir!" She chuckled.

 

Appa pumped one fist in the air while the other kept on the steering wheel. Oh great, appa. Your business mind is now contaminated with the idiocy that belongs to Sandara Park. 

 

Finally, we reached school. It was my first time that I'm glad I reached school. I dont want to be embarrassed by appa again.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jiyong can sense it. It is different today. The stares are different. The vibe is different. Until he realized who they were staring at. They were staring at Dara. The girls looked at her with envy. The guys drooled. Dara did not even notice those. But Jiyong did. Apparently, he noticed everything except his unknown reason for his uneasiness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Writer's note:

Longest chapter yet. Haha! I probably will update again tonight (; Keep the comments coming! It motivates me to continue!