Amusement Park

Can't Help Falling In Love With You

One year...

 

One year to live.

 

 

"What did the doctor said, Jiyong?" Dara asked softly and sat beside him on the bed. 

 

"I will be discharged tomorrow." He replied flatly. Dara just nooded and stared into space. Jiyong did the same. It was a comfortable silence, both not wanting to break the moment.

 

"Where is hyung?" Jiyong asked after minutes of silence.

 

"Cafeteria. Buying snacks." Jiyong just nodded and slid himself under the covers. He laid down and rested his forearms over his eyes. Dara was sitting beside him, knees tucked in front of her chest.

 

"Jiyong?" 

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You will be fine, right?"

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyong's POV

 

Omma and appa did not suspect anything. Seunghyun hyung did a great job at lying. He told them that I was having a sleepover at a friend's house. Is a doctor considered a friend? A hospital as a house? Well, with this condition, I better be friendly with the doctors and hospitals.

 

I would not want them to nurse me while hating me for my honest personality.

 

I might die even before the ONE YEAR limit is over.

 

I laid face down on my bed. One year.

 

One year to live my life.

 

One year to read my books.

 

...

 

One year piss Dara off.

 

One year to see what antics Dara would come out with.

 

One year to win my bet with Dara.

 

One year to...

 

"Jiyong?"

 

Love Dara.

 

What's wrong with me???!!!

 

"What?" My voice was muffled on the bed covers. The bed bounced as Dara's weight was beside me. She my back. Aigoo. Stop that!!!

 

"Anything you want to eat? Drink?" Dara asked as her hands still my back. Why was she so into my needs lately? I thought we hated each other? Whatever. It's probably a natural instinct. I'm a sick person, anyway.

 

One year...

 

"Do you want to go to an amusement park?" I asked and sat up. There is no meaning behind my invitation, though! I always hear how fun it is to be in an amusement park. The last time that I went there was... 10 years ago? Oh god. I really need to get a life! And Dara seems to be the person that will get excited at almost everything, anyway. She could bring in some fun on the trip with her childishness and randomness.

 

No hidden intention at all.

 

She seem to be taken aback at my question. She scrunched up her nose and eyed my face.

 

"Let's go back to the doctor. Something is definitely wrong there." She declared. WHAT?! Am I now restricted from going to the amusement park? What's with the response?!

 

"I just want to have fun." I folded my arms and glared at her. She tilted her head to the right, seems like she was thinking about something. After a moment of silence...

 

"Fun? Yup, we really need to go back to the hospital!" She said seriously and patted my shoulder. ARGHH!!

 

 

Saturday Afternoon...

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! LOTTE WORLD!!!!!!" Told you that she was easily excited. Well at least her screaming frenzy lowered down the awkwardness that happened at home...

 

 

 

Flashback..

 

"Where is she?!" I gritted my teeth. I was standing under the staircase while waiting for Dara to appear. We're gonna be late and I don't want to miss any rides! GAAHHHHHHHH!

 

Steps were heard on the staircase. I was about to scold her up and down but my mouth couldn't function once I saw her.

 

She was wearing a casual white mini dress. It was sleeveless and the top of the dress compliments her chest. She let her hair loose, different from her normal ponytails. Her dress ended just above her knees. She completed the look with white flats and a small bag that was hung on her shoulders.

 

Not an ounce of a child was on her.

 

I don't know whether I should bring her, though. Without a doubt, I know the guys there will ogle at her. And somehow, I know that I will hate that feeling.

 

She descended the stairs and looked at me with sparkling eyes.

 

"How do I look?" She asked enthusiastically.

 

"Beautiful..."

 

After that whisper of mine, the whole ride was silent. Stupid mouth.

 

End Of Flashback...

 

 

 

"Jiyong! Jiyong!" She tugged my white sleeve excitedly. I just donned a white V-neck shirt, faded blue jeans and white sneakers. Too casual. I hummed my response and looked at the direction of her finger that was pointing on a ride.

 

OH HELL NO. I'M NOT GOING TO RIDE THAT.

 

"FANTASY DREAM! I SAW IT ON TV!" She wants me to ride on that train?! The train that goes underground to meet candies and cute animals?! WHAT IS SHE??!!! 5?!

 

"No." I said sternly.

 

"Jiyoooooong~" She pouted.

 

"No." I raised my voice a little higher.

 

"Fine." Oh no. She is sulking. Sigh. I darted my eyes around. Are those guys checking Dara out?! 

 

"Let's go." I laced my fingers in hers and walked to her FANTASY-NOT-COOL-DREAM.

 

"YAYYYY!" She squealed. God, Dara, stop being cute! You are a target by boys here! 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Please... Please, Jiyong..."

 

"We have to do this, Dara."

 

"Jiyong... I beg of you."

 

"No matter how much you beg, Dara, we have to do this."

 

Jiyong pulled her forearm and went to a place.

 

A place that Dara never wanted to go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GYRO SWING...

 

 

 

 

 

"Jiyong, do we really have to?"

 

"Duuhhhhhh. We have to complete all the rides!"

 

"No, we don't!"

 

"Dara, you made me ride the FANTASY DREAM..." Jiyong glared at her.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Dara's POV

 

He is crazy. Just by looking at it, you can actually piss in your pants. It's kind of like a gigantic circle that fits 40 people who are forced by their companions. 40 people are actually risking their lives on that...that..thing. Gosh, Jiyong! Please don't do this to me!

 

"Let's go!" I could already hear my funeral bells.

 

"Please take off your shoes and arranged it in order." The attendant said his rehearsed line. Omo! I'm wearing a dress!!!

 

"Jiyong...Um...I'm wearing a dress...."

 

"Oh, I forgot about that..." He looked at my dress. There is no way I'm riding that thing while wearing a dress! The people under me could actually see my strawberry undies! Thus, this is an advantage. I could actually ditch the horror. Oh, sunshine!

 

"Miss, I have spare leggings. Do you want to borrow it?" A woman heard my conversation and offered her leggings. WHY?! I looked at Jiyong and he looked at me expectantly. I was about to refuse when he whispered beside my ear. Well, not actually whispered. He hissed.

 

"You made me ride on the kiddy train."

 

Gulp.

 

"Thank you." I smiled and accepted her leggings. Who would bring extra leggings to an amusement park?! Gosh! Ok, Dara, this is nothing. Nothing at all. You are a brave girl. You can ride this. This is another kiddy ride.

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The people screamed on top of their lungs. 

 

Oh no.

 

"It's our turn. Let's go!" Please kill me now.

 

 

After the ride...

 

I think I lost my voice. I'm shaking violently. And that Jiyong has the cheek to laugh at the whole ordeal. Grrrrrrrr! Where is my unicorn?! I need it so that it can actually stab Jiyong with its horn.

 

I walked past him. I am beyond furious. He actually laughed at me during the ride! I wanted to cry so bad.

 

"Hey!" He yanked my forearm. He pulled me towards him and hugged my shaking body.

 

"Don't be angry." He couldn't stop chuckling and my hair. I pushed his chest away but his arms were still around my waist. Aigoo, this boy. Can I butcher him now?!

 

"Stop. Laughing. At. Me." I hit his chest at every word.

 

He grabbed hold of both my fists and...

 

Kissed it.

 

"Alright. I'm sorry." He stopped laughing. What just happened?

 

"Ummm... Miss? Are you still using the leggings?" The same woman came up to me and smiled.

 

"I think she still needs it." Jiyong replied her.

 

"Oh. Ok. You can keep the leggings! Enjoy your date!" She hopped merrily to her companion. Date? Well..that's...uncalled for... I looked at Jiyong and he was smiling towards a direction. I followed his gaze.

 

 

GYRO DROP.

 

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

 

He held my hand tight and took long strides towards the new ride. KILL ME NOW.

 

 

After many scary rides and embarrassment...

 

 

"SHUT. UP." I growled. We are at a mini cafe in Letto World. He couldn't stop chuckling. Well... it was nice to hear him laugh, actually. BUT NOT BECAUSE OF THE MOMENTS OF EMBARRASSMENT OF PARK SANDARA. I want to hide my head in a hole. Now, you know where I go if I disappear tonight.

 

"We still have many more rides!" 

 

"NO. DON'T YOU DARE, JIYONG."

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Dara was ranting and complaining about how Jiyong was teasing her the whole day. But it all fall into deaf ears. Jiyong seems like he was finding another ride for both of them. It was already evening and the place were filled with young couples. What they failed to realise was, Jiyong never let go of her hand. He laced hers with his the whole way through.

 

"Jiyong, are you listening?!"

 

"Want to ride that one?" He pointed towards a direction. Dara actually have doubts to look at where he was pointing because it is another scary ride, she will die of heart attack at that moment, that instance. But her guts told her to look anyway. She sighed heavily and looked at where he was pointing.

 

LOAD NELSON'S ARMADA.

 

The ride that was shaped as swans were floating on water. It was a ride specially for couples. Happy couples. They weren't a couple. Dara looked at Jiyong suspiciously.

 

"What? I told you, I want to do all rides. This is the last one." He shrugged. Dara just nodded and looked at the direction.

 

"Let's go." He held her hand tighter and went towards the ride. They were given life vests and stepped into the swan. There were paddles on it. Jiyong helped Dara into the ride and then he stepped in.

 

They paddled through the waters in silence.

 

"You are a jerk, Jiyong." Dara suddenly blurted.

 

"Jerk?" He asked with a bewildered look.

 

"Yeah. A jerk that I actually had fun with. The jerk that I go on scary rides with. The jerk that laughed at everything."

 

Jiyong stopped paddling and Dara did the same. Silence was between them. Jiyong slowly turned to Dara. Dara did the same.

 

"The same jerk that actually wanted you out of his house." He chuckled softly and looked into her eyes.

 

"The same jerk that actually thought I was danger." Dara leaned closer to his face.

 

"The same jerk that thought you couldn't be pretty." Jiyong did the same.

 

"The same jerk that I never thought I wanted to be friends with." She leaned in closer.

 

 

 

"The same jerk that is going to kiss you right now." His lips hovered over her lips. They breathed heavily. None of them knew who actually went in for the kiss but electricity jolted in them once their lips touched. Jiyong nibbled her lower lip and Dara need not have to tease anymore. She parted her lips and Jiyong took it as an advantage to explore more. He inserted his tongue in her wet cavern and battled with her tongue. Dara was not sure what to do but she tried to do the same as what Jiyong was doing. Her inexperienced tongue made him moan. They parted after a long time, trying to catch their breaths.

 

Jiyong leaned his forehead on hers and took deep breaths. Dara was doing the same.

 

I lost the bet, Jiyong thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm snobby. I'm intelligent. I'm good looking. You MIGHT like me. Trust me. You will fall for me without even trying."

 

"You wish."

 

"Is that a bet?"

 

"It's on. In fact, you will fall for me first!"

 

"We'll see about that."

 

 

 

Jiyong smiled at the remembrance of their bet in his room a month ago.

 

"Dara... I..."

 

 

 

"One year. You have exactly one year to live, Jiyong. I'm sorry."

 

 

 

"What is it, Jiyong?" Jiyong removed his head from her forehead and closed his eyes. He seem to try to calm himself. Dara held his hands but he pushed it away. He opened his eyes and forced the words that he never meant to say.

 

"We can't do this, Dara." He coldly said.

 

 

 

 

I can't hurt you... That was what his mind was screaming the entire time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Writer's Note :

 

I sometimes feel like punching myself but I'm sticking to what I planned on this chapter!

Read my other fanfic! It is not complete yet, though. But that fanfic has too much DARAGON moments that could heal your heart after reading the ending of this chapter.

 

PPYONG!