The Beginning Of Everything II

Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Clothes were packed.

 

Furnitures were covered with white sheet.

 

There is nothing left for Dara.

 

She has no friends except for Tam Tam.

 

No relatives she know of.

 

No grandma for her to annoy everyday.

 

She is as good as a zombie.

 

With those puffy eyes caused by her tears after her grandma's funeral. Her body frame skinnier than ever. She looked around the house. She was going to leave a place that is full of love and memories. But her grandma told her to go to the address on the piece of paper in the drawer. She never open the drawer. She was too consumed with sadness and loneliness to do anything.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dara's POV

 

There is nothing left for me. 

 

After the funeral, I remembered about the address grandma told me about.

 

But I don't feel like doing anything.

 

And now here I am, in front of a pathetic drawer that actually contains an address that probably would make my life better. I opened the drawer. Sitting in the middle of it was a small brown wooden box with carvings of flowers. More like an antique item. What should I expect? It's my grandma's anyway. I smiled after thinking about her. I opened the box. There lies a small note with the address and a letter. My eyebrows creased. I picked up the letter and see who it was for.

 

To my dearest granddaughter.

 

 

It's for me. I opened it and read what it says.

 

 

By the time you read this, I'm probably dead. Don't worry my child. This dude over here is taking care of me,yeah God? I know how much you wanted to say hello to your mum. That will be the first thing I would do once I reach Heaven. That is if I don't commit heavy sins. Not that I remember any of it. But If i did, I probably am at Hell. If that's the case, you say hello to your mum once you die because I know my granddaughter won't land her in HellThe address in this box actually belongs to your mum's best friend, Ms Yuri. But I heard she is married to a Kwon guy. So, call her Mrs Kwon,neh? I treated her like my own and she was supposed to be your godmother. But we changed our address and lost contact with her, so she hasn't visit us in a long time. She doesn't know of your mother's death though. We lost contact when your mum is pregnant with you. But I know her. She will fulfil her duties as a godmother to you. Go to her house. And give this letter to her so that she will understand. I love you always. Take care of yourself. Have all the fun you want but please don't kill yourself in the proccess. And one more thing. I want you to be the same old self before my death. No more tears baby. It will make me sad.

Lots Of Love,

Your Grandma

 

 

I wiped my tears away. She wants me to be my old self. The happy Dara. This is the only thing I could do for her.

 

Dara HWAITING!

 

Oh wait, where is this Kwon's residence anyway?

 

*gasps* SEOUL.

 

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyong's POV

 

At last I'm home. The school atmosphere is killing me. The delusional girls... OH MY. I shook my head in disbelief. It sometimes to be good in everything. Now it's time for me to enjoy peace...

 

"OH JIYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!"

 

Or not.

 

"What?" I lazily answered.

 

"Come and taste these cookies!"

 

I took a cookie and ASSUMED it to be chocolate chip cookies.

 

"Omma! These are raisins!" I spat out the cookie in the sink.

 

"Pssssh. Duhh. Raisins are healthier. Eat up, my precious little baby."

 

I cringed. I hate it when she called me that.

 

*ding dong*

 

Oh great. We have a visitor. Yay.*sarcasm*

 

 

 

"I'm going to answer the door. Better finish those cookies baby."

 

I just shrugged. Omma went to answer the door. I can't see who was at the door since omma's body frame was blocking the person. But I saw her taking a piece of paper and reading it. 

 

 

"OHMYGOD!!!!!"

 

 

I chocked on my cookie. What had happened?

 

 

"Oh my baby! Come in! Let me take this luggage for you. I can't believe this day would come. Thank you God!"

 

 

Melodramatic mum. Urgh. I went out from the kitchen to see why omma was so excited.

 

There is a girl standing behind my sofa, back facing me. She has wavy brown hair that is little bit longer than her shoulder. She is petite. She wore a plain white shirt with a skirt that ends just below her knee. So,this is the subject of omma's excitement? I could never get what is in her head.

 

"Oh dear, why are you standing? Please sit. You must be very tired."

 

The girl just nodded her head and went to the sofa. And that's when I saw the left side of her face. What's with the big nose?

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Dara's POV

 

I've never seen someone looks so excited meeting someone other than Mrs. Kwon. She cried at the door once she read my letter and literally screamed in my ears after realising who was my mother. She is very warm and friendly. I'm starting to like her already.

 

"JIYONG! We have a visitor!"

 

I turned around to see who is this Jiyong guy.

 

There he stood, leaning on the wall with his bored face. He spot on a blonde mohawk and is still wearing his school uniform.

 

I shuddered.  

 

I don't like the vibe that he gave off. He looked at me like as if I am an uninteresting object. That's not nice! I stared at him the same way and turned my head away. I looked at Mrs. Kwon. She was biting her lips while looking at me. She clasped her hands together like she was expecting me to do some magic tricks or something. She is too cute!

 

Wait, is this Jiyong guy, her son?

 

"I'm sorry if I scare you. I am so excited to see you! Jiyong, this is Dara. Dara, this is Jiyong. My only son."

 

I looked at him to acknowledge but he was just staring at the floor. AM I THAT UNINTERESTING?

 

"She will be living with us starting from today!"

 

 

 

Jiyong's head snapped to his mother with wide eyes.

 

 

 

"WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO SHE IS?!"

 

"She is Park Ah Yeon's daughter. My best friend's daughter!" Mrs. Kwon squealed and totally dismissed her son's flaring anger.

 

"Why won't she live with her mother then?!"

 

"Because she is not in this world anymore." I blurted out, my voice low.

 

 

Mrs. Kwon bit her lips to stop herself from crying infront of me. While Jiyong, he looked UNAFFECTED

 

 

"I'm just going to my room."

 

 

JERK.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyong's POV

 

I know I shouldn't have said that. But hey, how am I supposed to know? This is my house anyway so I can speak whatever I want to. Why does her eyes looked puffy like as if she cried for hours? Why am I so curious anyway? I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about this. 

 

MY MUM IS A TOTAL NUTCASE.

 

She lets a stranger living with us? Oh, wait till appa knows about this. He would flip, I'm telling you. I texted my dad, telling him there is an emergency at home and mum is going bananas.

 

 

 

Two Hours Later

 

The doorbell rang. IT MUST BE APPA. I rushed down the stairs to see the girl being kicked out by my dad. As I reached the foot of my staircase, I saw him hugging that Dara girl.

 

I facepalmed myself. 

 

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

Dara's POV

 

Everyone is nice except for that Jiyong! Grrrr...

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyong's POV

 

That Dara have to get out from this house. I need plans.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Dara's POV

 

I don't like Jiyong.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

Jiyong's POV

 

I don't like Dara.