Relief

Can't Help Falling In Love With You

"I have bad news."

 

Mrs. Kwon gripped Dara's hands tightly.

 

"We can't completely remove his tumor."

 

Mrs. Kwon gasped. Dara could feel that Mrs. Kwon would collapse anytime soon.

 

"How is his current condition, doctor?" Dara asked.

 

"Although we can't remove it completely, he is healthier than before," the doctor smiled.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

My eyes fluttered open. My vision went blurry. I blinked a couple more times. It's getting clearer. Where am I?

 

I looked at my body. It was hook by many wires. I looked at my attire. A hospital gown?

 

Great. I just landed my in the hospital.

 

Just great.

 

I looked to my left. The couch was occupied by my parents sleeping . Beside the small couch was a wooden chair. Seunghyun hyung was sleeping uncomfortably there. Aigoo. Poor them.

 

Then I heard a snore on my right.

 

It was the girl of my recent nightmares. 

 

Dara was putting her head down on my arm. And EWWWWWW... WAS SHE DROOLING ON MY ARM?!? I gave out an irritated sigh and blew out some air so that I could be patient with all these misfortunes that involved this rare species called Dara...

 

"Yah... Pssssssst..." I tried my best to wake her up without making much noise as my parents were sleeping on the couch. She didn't budge. Ugh. This will take a hell of my time.

 

"Yah, Dara... Get off me.." No response.

 

That's it.

 

"YAH DARA! Aisht your drool! GET OFF MEEEEEEE!

 

"Jiyong? Baby!" and nowwwwww omma is awake.

 

"Huh? What?" And the disgusting sleepyhead woke up at last, not forgetting to leave a string of saliva from to my arm. Eww.

 

Omma threw herself on me and hugged me tightly. She sobbed while thanking god that I am still alive. My facial expressions softened after looking at her state. I returned her hug and patted her back, ensuring that I'm fine.

 

"Awwwww....." Dara was gushing over my actions. I let go of omma and turned my head sharply towards her.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, with no expression on my face. She looked astonished. What was so astonishing about what I said earlier? She very well know that I never liked her.

 

"Jiyong, be nice." Seunghyun hyung woke up from his slumber and heard what I said to Dara. I'm famously known for not being nice. Why must I be now?

 

"You shouldn't be here. I would fall into a coma if I see your face anymore longer." I added. Yeah, the bet was to make her fall for me. But I was not thinking about the bet now. I don't know why...

 

I don't like her.

 

She makes me feel restless.

 

I don't like this feeling.

 

Dara ran out from my ward, crying. Oh no.

 

"JIYONG! Why must you do that? She was the one who found you lying on the floor. Without her shouting for help, I think you will be dead!" I winced at Seunghyun hyung's words. Dara was the one who found me?

 

 

 

"Hey...Stop crying.

 

"Jiyong, your pills are not here! It's finished! Oh god... 

 

 

 

"Dara found me?" 

 

"Yes, genius!" Seunghyun hyung facepalmed himself.

 

I sighed heavily and raked my hair.

 

"ZZZZZZZ..." Appa was still snoring. 

 

I get up from my bed and disconnect the wires that were plunged into my skin.

 

"Where are you going?" Mum asked.

 

"Get to Dara. Where else?"

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

Dara was sobbing miserably at the hospital lobby.

 

People in the hospital just looked at her and were indifferent. It was the hospital, anyway. People are bound to feel helpless and sad. She sat on one of the chairs at the waiting section. The lights were switched off as it was in the middle of the night. Dara was glad the lights were switched off. She was in a pathetic state. She kept wiping her tears with the back of her hand. But the tears just won't stop.

 

She was a mess.

 

Dara felt hurt at Jiyong's words earlier. His words were filled with hatred. Dara thought that she was already used to Jiyong's feelings of being unhappy with her existence. Is it wrong to stay with him 'til he is awake? Can't he at least thank her?

 

Dara sobbed more as those thoughts came to mind.

 

"Yah...." A voice was heard behind her. Even if she didn't turn around, she knew who's voice that belongs to.

 

"Yah...Turn around. Stop crying already." Jiyong tried to soften his tone. But it went bossy instead.

 

Next thing was unexpected...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA WAS BAWLING HER EYES OUT.

 

 

 

"WAAAAAAAAAAHHH! WHY DO YOU HATE ME SOOOOO MUCH?!? WHYYYYY? I WANT TO WIN THE BET! BUT YOU DON'T LOVE ME!

 

Dara was still backfacing him while crying loudly. The people who were walking around the lobby were pointing at Jiyong, thinking that he was the cause of Dara's state now. Jiyong was waving his hands frantically infront of him, signaling to people that he didn't made her cry. Then...an old lady strided her way to Jiyong.

 

"You, young man, have to comfort her. Poor girl..."

 

Jiyong's eyes almost popped out. He didn't do anything. He was about to retort when...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRUEL?!?" Dara sobbed loudly.

 

Jiyong turned his head to her and then to the old lady. He gave out an irritated sigh.

 

WHAAAAPAAAAACCCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

He was hit on the head by the old woman's walking stick.

 

"What are you waiting for, young man?"

 

"Ugh. Fine, fine."

 

Jiyong stood in front of Dara. She stopped sobbing and looked up at Jiyong. Jiyong gave "shut-up-before-I-strangle-you" glare to Dara.

 

"Stop crying before I shove my shoe in your mouth." Jiyong said between gritted teeth while smiling, making it looked like everything was fine to the old lady.

 

 

Dara's lips twitched.

 

Uh oh.

 

 

"YOU MEANIE! WHY DO YOU WANT TO SHOVE YOUR SHOE IN MY MOUTH?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

 

The old lady rolled up her sleeves.

 

"Nonononononono! It's not what you think!"  Jiyong was trying his best to save himself.

 

The old lady ignored his plea and advanced to him.

 

 

 

WHAAAAAPPPPAAAAACCCCCKKK!!! WHAAAAPPPPAAAAACCKKKK!!!!! WHAAAAAPPPPAAAACCCCCKKK!!!!

 

Ouch.

 

 

________________________________________________________________

 

Dara's POV

 

Jiyong was wincing in pain as Aunty Yuri was putting ointment on his bruised body. Aunty Yuri and I couldn't stop giggling after what happened to Jiyong. His eyes were turning slits as he glared at us. The sad feeling was gone after that incident. Aigooo, as much as I wanted the kind old lady to keep beating him with her majestic walking stick, I remembered that he just got his operation. I have to stop that little fun and brought Jiyong back to the ward.

 

Well, he muttered curses to me as we walked back. He even cursed my future generation. But that old lady brightened up my mood so he can't ruin it with his curses. Kekekeke.

 

Seunghyun-ssi and Mr. Kwon went back to the house to get some clothings for all of us.

 

"There you go!" Aunty Yuri smiled to her pouting son.

 

Wait.

 

KWON JIYONG POUTING? WHERE IS MY CAMERA?!

 

"Dara, can you look after Jiyong for me? I just need to buy some snacks."

 

I nodded and Aunty Yuri left the ward. I giggled and eventually laughed while holding my stomach. Aigoooooo, it was a bad day for Jiyong!

 

"Yah, why are you laughing?"

 

"You....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....YOU WERE HIT BY A WALKING STICK. AND BWAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHA! YOU WERE POUTING TOO!"

 

"Laugh all you want. I don't care." He crossed his arms and looked no where in particular. Kwon Jiyong is sulking? This is big news!

 

I was about to reply him with a silly remark but he cut me off.

 

"Thanks and sorry..."

 

 

 

 

Whaa..whaaa...what? He is thanking and apologising?

 

 

 

 

"Yah. I think you were hit on the head too. Let's get the doctor to check your brains,neh?"

 

He ignored me and continued.

 

"Thanks for saving me in the morning. I could've died. And sorry, if I hurt you earlier..."

 

Jiyong looked down and fiddled with his fingers. He looked embarrassed after that confession. He probably not used to these words, I guess. A smile crept on my face.

 

"You're welcome. And I forgive you. Friends?" I held out my hand, initiating friendship.

 

"Yah, who says I want to be friends with you?"

 

JERK!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Writer's Note:

 

Of course I won't let Jiyong die too early! Haha! What's the point of me writing this story then XD!

Aigoo. Stay tune.

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!