Boyfriend?

Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Dara's POV

 

This Seunghyun is really something. We've been jogging for an hour and he showed no signs of stopping! I didn't stop, of course. That will be an embarrassment! I AM NOT A WEAKLING!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tabi? Can we stop?" Screw pride. I don't want to die! He looked behind and saw me leaning forward with my hands on my knees. He chuckled and jogged back.

 

"Tired already?" He said with a hint of amusement in his voice. He was still jogging on the spot in front of me. Did he seriously asked me that question? We've been running for an hour already! I just panted and nod. He held my hand.

 

"Let's jog all the way back,ok?" How can I say no to this cute guy? OH WELL...

 

 

 

 

 

10 Minutes Later...

 

"Wash up and get ready. I will send you to school." He smiled warmly. I rushed up the stairs and went to my room. I locked the door behind me and reached for my phone that Aunty Yuri bought. I checked it and laughed at the ridiculous number of calls made by Bom. It was accompanied by numerous text messages by her and Kevin, asking whether I will be coming to school that day.

 

"Bommie!" I called her through the phone.

 

"Yah! Are you coming to school today?" 

 

"Yup. Why?"

 

"There is a surprise for you by the female students. Keke." And she hung up. Woah. Surprise for me?! I thought they hated me... People change easily. Human beings are scary. Oh well, time to hit the showers.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

*blink*

 

*blink*

 

*blink*

 

Dara kept blinking her eyes. She couldn't believe it. 

 

Seunghyun and Dara were standing in front of the school building, gawking at what appeared before them. Dara was lost for words. Seunghyun wanted to laugh badly but he decided to control. He let out loose giggles instead. What actually shocked them was a banner that hung on the main building of the school and it says...

 

 

 

 

"THANK YOU PARK SANDARA FOR SAVING OUR FUTURE HUSBAND, KWON JIYONG."

 

 

 

 

 

"You are a heroine now, Dara." Seunghyun teased. Dara didn't budge. She sure caught attention. People were pointing at her direction and waved frantically at her, wanting her to notice them.

 

 

 

"LOOK, IT'S DARA!"

 

 

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" A hoard of female students ran towards her direction and trapped her in a circle. The female students wanted to shake her hand badly and thanked her profusely. Seunghyun was rolling on the grass patch, laughing at the funny scene that was unfolding before his very eyes. Dara was lost. She looked around. That's when Seunghyun realised, she looked scared.

 

He gathered himself up and went to the group.

 

"Okay, ladies. Back off. Let her breathe." Seunghyun gently pushed the girls.

 

"Dara, are you ok?" He held her shoulders and looked into her eyes. She looked scared from the amount of attention that she was getting. Aigoo, she was just like a child. She just nodded and looked at the eager group of girls.

 

"What is going on?" Dara asked one of them.

 

"We heard the story about how you saved oppa at the alley. Although we don't know what had happened, but you saved his life!" One of the students beamed at her. Dara's mouth formed an "O" shape and nodded. Then she smirked. It was true though. Dara saved his life.

 

"Yes. I saved his life." Dara boasted and a round of cheers was heard around her.

 

I saved his life. He need to repay me. KEKE.  Dara thought. Using this as a blackmail to Jiyong, she could actually take advantage of the situation. 

 

Dara didn't realise that she was actually smiling like a maniac that drew weird stares from people. She wriggled her eyebrows at the thought. She was planning on how Jiyong can repay her.

 

Do her exams? Nah.

 

Her homework? Psh. Homeworks are lame.

 

Find her a nice boyfriend?

 

 

.....

 

 

Perfect.

 

_________________________________________________________

 

"No."

 

"But Jiyooooooong~" Dara whined. She went to the hospital after classes and saw Jiyong relaxing while drinking tea. She told him to find her a boyfriend. And obviously, he refused.

 

"Why must I be the one to find you a boyfriend? I will be at the losing end. We are on a bet, remember?" Dara gaped at him. HOW CAN HE STILL TALK ABOUT THE BET?! Dara thought that the bet was invalid. Even she felt that it was a stupid bet. Who fell in love with who first? That is ridiculous!

 

"Let's put the bet aside first? Let's forget about it?" She bargained.

 

"No."

 

"That's it. You left me with no choice. I SAVED YOUR LIFE. Therefore, you need to repay me."

 

"THAT'S BLACKMAIL!" He shrieked.

 

"I DON'T CARE." Dara stuck her tongue out and folded her arms. She eyed Jiyong. Jiyong was holding his temple and a string of curses left his mouth. He glared at Dara and sighed.

 

"I don't have any friends, Dara. How can I set you up?" 

 

"You..you have no friends? Not a single one?!" She sat on the bed with him. He took the newspaper by the table and read it, ignoring her question. Dara scooted closer and tugged his sleeve.

 

"Jiyong... Why don't you have friends?" She kept tugging his sleeve. He sighed and folded the newspaper. He put it on his lap and look at Dara. Dara was pouting, waiting for his answer.

 

"You are such a child." He said irritatibly. Dara ignored that comment and tugged his sleeve once again.

 

"I...just don't like people." He shrugged his shoulder. 

 

"And why is that?"

 

"I'm not answering your questions anymore."

 

"It's ok. So...find me a boyfriend?"

 

"No."

 

"Jiyoooooooooong~"

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

Jiyong's POV

 

I can't believe she had the guts to ask me that. Find her a boyfriend? HAH! Nooooooooo. Not even my mum can make me do laundry. I ain't got time to play the cupid. What in the world...

 

So I was packing my stuff. I can be discharge. And guess what, Dara told my parents that she will accompany me home and told them to just go to work. Accompany me? More like ANNOY ME. Her constant bugging is really...URGH. She looked defeated and sat on the bed while I walked around the ward, checking if I left out my belongings. AT LAST. SHE ACTUALLY SHUT .

 

"Jiyong..."

 

I said it too soon.

 

"What?"

 

"Find me a-"

 

"Shut up Dara. You are giving me a headache." I clutched my head and closed my eyes. I opened them back and saw Dara fiddling with her fingers and she was looking down at the sheets. She was biting her lower lips. Must girls sulk at everything? I sighed heavily and sat beside her. 

 

"Why do you want a boyfriend anyway?" I asked. Yeah, girls fantasize about having sweet boyfriends and those kind of stuff. But can't she wait till the right person comes? Why must I be the one that she asked to set her up?

 

"I've always wanted find true love."

 

"And you are telling me that being your cupid is my job? Dara, can you even hear yourself?" She looked up at me and smiled bitterly.

 

"You are right. Ha ha. Silly me." Oh no. She is going to cry.

 

She clasped her hand together and closed her eyes. She took deep breaths to calm herself and opened her eyes.

 

"Lets's go!" She jumped out of bed and carried the small bag that contained my clothes and belongings.

 

How can she recover that fast?

 

We went out the ward. She was unusually silent. She bit her lower lip and furrowed her eyebrows. She looked down and was not aware of her surroundings. I looked at her face. She was pondering about something. Is it about finding a boyfriend? Aigoo. She is really desperate! She just walked without looking around and she bumped into a woman. The woman was about to scold her but Dara just bowed down and apologised. She walked ahead and had she forgotten about me? She didn't even glance back!

 

We walked out of the hospital. We had to pass through a traffic to get to the other side to ride the bus. I was about to call her name to wait for me but she just walked straight into the traffic!

 

OMO! IS SHE PLANNING TO KILL HERSELF?!

 

I ran towards her and grabbed her forcefully to the roadside. I held her tightly and her face was planted to my chest.

 

"ARE YOU PLANNING TO DIE?" I screamed. Her face was still resting on my chest and her hands wrapped around my waist.

 

"Jiyong... do you hate me that much?" Her voice rumbled across my chest. My forehead creased and I took her face in my hands. She looked at me with lost eyes. Her hands still gripping tightly around my waist.

 

"Stupid. Were you thinking about that from just now?" I can't fight the smile on my face.

 

She just nodded.

 

"No. I don't hate you. But you annoy the hell out of me." She beamed and hugged me tightly. What a child.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Writer's note:

 

I focused too much on the other fanfic till I abandon this one. Mianhae ~ I feel like updating another chapter to compensate for the times that I abandoned this baby. Hehe.

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!