Chapter 7

Running Out of Time

 

After ordering, Dongho suggested that the two of you should go to the park once you got your drinks. “Excuse me for a little bit Nana, I need to take care of something,” he said pointing to his phone. His phone read Amma. Once he left the barista smiled while handing you the two orders. “Awe aren’t you two a cute couple,” she smiled at you, “I love seeing couples like the two of you.” “Oh,” your cheeks started to burn. “We’re not a couple, Miss, we just really good friends.” “Well you would have fooled me,” she laughed, “Have you thought about it?” she winked at you. “Not with him, one of our best friends confessed the other day to me, but I had to decline the relationship.” “Omo, wae?” she replied with a pouty face. The young women pulled off her best aegyo, she wasn’t that much older than you, and you could tell she was the type that wanted to know all the gossip. You sighed before replying, “Like I told him, things would get complicated.” You looked up at her; she had the look on her face that read I want to know more. “I got a lot of baggage and family problems that he won’t be able to understand at a time like this. Things would probably end in a bad way, also to top it off; I might have to leave Seoul soon and head back to America, leaving all my friends behind and never being able to talk to them again.”

“Hey what are you talking about,” Dongho said while giving you a back hug; wrapping his arms around your waist. “Nothing important,” the barista said, “I just wanted in on some gossip with a friend.” She smiled before walking away. “She’s your friend?” Dongho questioned you. “More like acquaintances, I do come here when I have the time.” You smiled back at him over your shoulder. You grabbed the two cups off the counter while turning around and walking off. Dongho waddled behind you not wanting to let you out of his grasp. “So what did your mom want to talk to you about?” You asked him, not really caring what he had to say though. Your mind was still thinking about what you and the barista where talking about. “Nothing important, she just wanted to know where I was and if I would be coming home for dinner tonight since its family night.” He replied back. He let go of you with one hand and started to walk normally keeping the other hand firmly around your waist. You handed him his drink.

“She’s moving?” Kiseop questioned Nana’s statement she made to the barista. Hoon and Kevin were asleep and AJ stepped out to grab some food from the kitchen. ‘Why would she be moving and keeping it a secret from us,’ he thought to himself. ‘No wonder she was acting weird, no wonder she doesn’t want to be in a relationship.’ “Hoon,” Kiseop said as he shook Hoon, “Nana is moving.” Hoon’s eyes widened when he heard the news. “That explains so much,” he said. “What explains so much,” AJ interrupted. He set the bags of junk food on the empty desk next them. “Nana is moving,” Hoon practically yelled.

“So this is where you guys are hiding,” Soohyun said as he entered AJ’s room with Eli tailing behind him. “What are you guys talking about?” Eli stated, “Why would Nana be moving? She loves it here; she wouldn’t dare move away especially since she loves her job. And, she has the best, six guy friends and soon to be boyfriend.” He added on. “That’s not happening, she’s moving away and she has family problems going on, just listen.” Kiseop brought up the clip on another screen and took out the headphones so everyone could listen.

He started the clip, “Like I told him, things would get complicated… I got a lot of baggage and family problems that he won’t be able to understand at a time like this. Things would probably end in a bad way, also to top it off; I might have to leave Seoul soon and head back to America, leaving him and all my friends behind and never being able to talk to them again.” Kiseop pause the clip and plugged back in the headphones, put one in so he could still hear the conversation with the others.

“This doesn’t make since, why would she want to leave?” Soohyun looked at the screen confused. “Also why are you guys eavesdropping on Dongho’s date?”  “Hoon wanted more info on Nana,” Kevin blurted out. “Kevin is the one who gave me the idea,” Hoon replied back. The two started to bicker like two old ladies; it’s your entire fault that we are in this potion kind of fight. “Guys I don’t think it’s a good time to be fighting over something so ridiculous right now, because Nana’s camera went black.” Eli said with a worried look on his face. AJ and Kiseop started to try and figure out what happened to the camera. “There’s nothing wrong with it, I have no clue what happened.”

“She panting really hard, and she’s trying to talk but it’s all muffled,” Kiseop said putting his hand over his ear so he could hear what was coming through. “What do we do?” Kiseop asked. Soohyun pulled out his cell phone and started call someone. “Who are you calling, Hyung?” Kevin questioned Soohyun’s actions. “He’s calling Nana, I can hear her phone ringing,” Kiseop said while unplugging the headphone so the others could hear it. The stopped ringing, “Hello.” They heard the response.

Soohyun’s eyes widened, “Who is this?” he snarled at the mysterious voice. While this conversation was going on, AJ brought up the last clip before the screen went black. He paused the video at a curtain part, to find a dark figure standing in front of Nana. He started to clear up the image. “I know you can hear me, without the phone, and if I take the bag off of the girl’s head, you will be able to see me. I don’t think you will want to see me?” The voice redirected Soohyun’s question. “I think I do, I think we all do. Take the bag off of her head, NOW!” Soohyun yelled, he was not happy with the situation his team mates were in. “Let Nana go, leave me here,” the boys could hear Dongho’s voice, it sounded weak and raspy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Let Nana go, leave me here,” you heard Dongho’s voice. Your head hurt and you felt cold. You opened your eyes to only find it dark, you tried to move your hands but they were tied behind your back. Out of panic you scream at the top of your lungs. “Remove her,” a voice said, and two set of hands grabbed you, lifting you off the cold, wet floor. They dragged you out of the room.

You screamed even more and started to struggle, “Let me go!” “Shut up,”
 one voice scolded you. They released your hands from the rope that held them behind you. They kept a tight grasp on your wrists and sat you down in a chair. They then tied your hands to the arm rests. “Release me, and Dongho.”  They took the bag off you face with no reply. Your sight was blurry. You felt and instant pain coming from you scalp, one of them took the headband off your head, taking pieces of hair with it. You screamed in pain, while the two figures smashed the headband.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Where are you taking Nana?” Dongho yelled at the person in the room. “She will be safe,” the person paused, “Maybe. Now if you want the two you must come to SM’s headquarters or you’ll never see them again.” “Don’t Listen to him we’ll be fine,” Dongho yelled even though he couldn’t see, he knew he was on the phone with someone. “I’ll get us out of.” he was cut off by a stinging pain to his stomach. “Shut up you little brat, or you will be the first one to go.” Dongho toppled over, “Fine I’ll go first, just don’t hurt Nana,” Dongho replied in between breaths, his stomach twisting and stinging from the kick to it. He heard the person laugh at him while his footsteps echoed in the empty room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The phone went silent. “, SM has them,” Soohyun announced. They all stared at him, “What are we supposed to do?” Kevin asked. “They want us to go to their headquarters, I don’t know when, but they say if we don’t come Dongho, “he paused while looking away, “and Nana will be killed.” “We can’t let that happen to them, Dongho is too important to our team and Nana,” Eli stopped his sentences once he saw Hoon.

Hoon was silent, he had failed. Like he told Dongho and Kevin, he would do whatever it took to keep her safe and now, she was gone. He had only one hope. Hoon got up and walked out of the room. He stayed silent, while Kevin and Eli followed him. “Hoon what are doing?” Kevin asked him. “I have failed Kevin.” Hoon kept walking. He entered his room. “You haven’t failed yet Hoon, you still have a chance to save her,” Kevin replied through the door. “We are running out of time, Hoon, if you want to save her we need to leave as soon as possible,” Eli added on to Kevin’s statement. “If you sit in there all night we all will have failed our friends, and you will definitely fail the girl you love. She will lose her life, and you will feel even guiltier. We all will feel guilty.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n

I feel proud of this chapter lol, took me a while to write but its really good, or atleast the friend that i let read this story before anyone else says. so enjoy and ill update soon. :) tell me what you think.