Epilogue

Running Out of Time

 

“That dream again?” A younger looking woman awoke from her strange dream. Her room was dark only filled with the light coming from the streets. The room was a light shade of blue and was cluttered with moving boxes. The bed though filled up most of the floor space leaving a little walking room.

She sat up to look around her dark and lonely room, seeing a light shining from under neither her door. “Are they home?” She slowly got out of bed to see who the light in the hallway, walking over the messy floor trying not to step on anything. She placed her ear against her door so show could hear who she thought it was, she could hear slight muffling coming from the living room, and there were two distinct male voices. The woman opens her door slowly making sure not to make any sudden noises and tip toes down the long hallway leading to the living room.

“Kevin. Eli. Why are you two home so late?” She raised her voice and crossed her arms underneath her bust. She stood in the middle of the hallway staring at the two teens sitting in on the couch placed against the wall opposite to where she was standing. She looked over her identical boys realizing how much they looked like their father, except in hair color.

“Mom it’s only midnight, we have been home for five minutes now,” Eli said getting up to give his mother a hug.

“And it’s summer vacation,” added Kevin as he did the same motion as his twin brother.

She opened her arms to give her two boys a hug, “It’s still late you two should head off to bed,” she said before letting the two go.

“But, mom we want to stay up so we can talk to dad.” Eli looked her in the eyes before he let her go. “We haven’t talked to him in a long time.”

“Yes, I know but your father is a busy man and his family comes second to his job a lot of the time, you two know that.” She looked over at the family portraits hanging on the wall. “You know he loves you two so there are no-,” she was interrupted by the ring of the phone. “Go answer it.” She weakly smiled at them.

The two boys ran into the kitchen pick up the phone and answering it, while she stayed in the living room, she walked over to the wall where the pictures where hung neatly. She looked at the picture with a young couple’s wedding pictured, “Hmmm, Himchan why did things turn out the way they did?” She whispered to the groom in the picture, making sure her boys wouldn’t hear, she placed her index finger on him, and then moved it to her right scanning over the groomsmen, until she found the one she wanted. “Hoon, my dear, I miss you so much.” A single tear fell down her eye, while placing a hand on her stomach. “And this baby will be named after you in your remembrance this time.”

 “Mom,” Kevin poked his head in from the kitchen, “Dad, Uncle Taemin, and all of them want to talk to you now,” he walked over handing her the phone, “Night mom, we’re going to bed now.” He smiled before leaving the room with his brother.

“Night boys,” she said before placing the phone to her ear. “Hello?”

“Nana we miss you,” All of the remaining U-Kiss members yelled in unison.

A giant smile swept across her face, as all of her memories with them came to her.