Chapter 2

Running Out of Time

 

Dongho fell over when you pretended to shoot him. Hoon just stared at him and shook his head, while the other started laughing, “Nice job, Dongho, you got killed by a girl!” A.J. shouted through his laughter. Poor Dongho, he’s always being picked on his hyungs. I guess that’s the life of being the youngest of a group, it must be hard. “Hey I think I won. I was the one that she sat on,” he laughed back. “It was all part of my plan,” he added on.

You looked at him in amazement, “Yah~ you had all that planned? You’re such a ert Dongho.” You hit him over the head before getting up. “I thought you were my friend, not some erted, teenager with raging hormones,” you shouted at him before storming off. The five standing stepped out of your way. They knew when you were mad; no one should get in your way unless they want to get hurt. You exited the room.

Dongho sat there staring at his hyungs, confused, while Hoon got up and ran after you. “It was just a joke,” Dongho mumbles under his breath. “Joke or not, you need to apologize to her… Properly,” Soohyun noted. Then Kevin chimed in, “Yeah take her out on a date, like a gentleman.” “And don’t stop to get some cheap street food either,” A.J. added. “Take her somewhere nice.” Dongho stared at the ground while getting lectured by the older members, he felt really bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“NANA!” Hoon yelled down the hallway chasing after you. When he caught up to you he grabbed your arm and slammed you against the wall. He had you trapped between his hands. “You need to calm down. Dongho was just kidding,” he said in between breathes. He glared at you, as you rubbed the back of your head. While checking your hand for blood as you said, “Owe Hoon that hurt.” You scolded him, “What’s your problem? Are you crazy?” You pounded on his chest for him to release you

“You’re my problem and yes, I am crazy,” he shouted back. “I’m,” he paused and looked away. “I’m crazy for you,” he said in a softer tone of voice, while looking back at you. You looked down and started to turn red. You could feel the heat radiating from your face. He took a finger and placed it under your chin to make you look up at him. “You know you look the prettiest when you’re calm,” he smirked, which made you turn an even darker shade of red.

You gulped before you spoke again, to help clear your throat. “Can I go now?” You asked in a whisper. You felt awkward about the situation and wanted to leave before anyone saw you two. He took his hands off the wall. You walked off slowly, looking at the ground.

“Did I say something wrong?” he questioned himself once you were out of range to hear him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat in the locker room for an extra fifteen minutes, after changing into your street clothes. You thought about what had happened tonight. ‘Why was Dongho acting strange? Why did Hoon confess to me at a time like that?’ You thought to yourself. ‘Why is my life playing out like this?’ After thinking for a while for decided to brush it off and forget about it for the rest of the night. As you got up to leave, you heard your phone buzz in your gym bag. One new text message it read. You questioned it. “From who?”

The text message read:

See you soon ;)

-          O.K.J.M.T

You deleted the message, and sighed. ‘Great, now I’m definitely screwed.’ You looked at the time on your phone. “Almost midnight I guess it’s time to head home.” You walk out of the locker room, to see Dongho sitting on the floor. “Ah, finally,” he said as he stretched and got up. He looked down at his watch. “I never knew that it take a girl almost an hour to change into her street clothes after working out.” You rolled your eyes, and turned giving him the cold shoulder.

“Come on, Nana, I’m sorry,” Dongho said as he followed right behind you. “You know I was joking, I would never think that way normally.” “Yeah, normally,” you replied back in an annoyed tone. “I was just trying to show off, you know. They pick on me all the time, and they crossed the line today, which made me cross it, too. I’m sorry,” he said as he grabbed your shoulder and turned you around.

“Come out with me tomorrow night, I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” He held out his pinky finger. You looked up into his deep, brown eyes. How could you say ‘no’ to a face like his? You sigh, and interlock your pinkies. “Fine, but no more funny business, ok?” “Yes, Ma’am!” He said with a smirk. “Now may I this fine young lady out to her car?” You giggle at his quirky since of humor. “Ne, you may.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After reaching your car, you and Dongho chatted for a little bit. “Ugh, it’s getting late,” he sighed. “I’ll see you tomorrow and we’ll have a beautiful night out.” He winked before walking off. Halfway to his car he turned back around and asked, “So am I still some erted, teenager with raging hormones?” You blushed as he quoted you. “Yes. Yes you are and you always will be,” you laughed. “Haha, funny, Nana,” he replied back sarcastically before continuing his walk.

You got into your car and started it. While you buckled your seatbelt, you noticed a scent. It was a musky, woodsy scent, so it definitely wasn’t yours. You blinked a couple times before saying anything. “T, what are you doing here?”

A soft voice came from the back seat. “Awe how did you know it was me?”