Chapter 1

Running Out of Time

 

*Ring ring*

“Ne?”

“Just because you have been there for three years, don’t forget the reason you are there…”

“Ne.”

*Beep beep beep*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your standing in the locker room of the agencies build, looking into the mirror. ‘What have I gotten myself into?’ You think to yourself. “Fighting.” You clinch your hand into a fist and nod at your reflection in the mirror, “They’re just normal guys, and I’m a normal girl. Why do I get so nervous around them? We are all just friends,” you whisper to yourself.

“Nana?” you turn towards the voice. “You better hurry if you want to get to the gym before it closes you know,” one of your female co-workers said to you as she takes the towel that’s around her neck off to wipe the sweat her face.

“Ne, Unnie,” you pause to think of how to ask this question.

“Is U-Kiss in there?” she asks for you. You nod your head slowly. “Yes they are, and they should be the only ones in there right now, so hurry up  if you want to see them before they leave, since the gym closes at 11 and it is,” she pauses you both look at the clock in the locker room.

“10:30, crap,” you bow to her before running off, “bye-bye Unnie.” She waves as you dash off.

Before entering the gym, you stop to catch your breath, and wipe any perspiration off your face. As you grab the handle to the door, you take in a deep breath. When you open the door you can hear the guys chatting away over the sounds of the weights clicking together. You observe the room; if you want to get to the treadmills all the way on the other side of the room, you must pass each of the guys. You sigh.

Kevin was closest to the door, and when he noticed you, he smiled and waved, after putting his hand weights down. “Hey, Nana, what up?” he asks in his angelic voice, and once Kevin said your name all the other members looked at you and smiled. You smiled back and bowed in respect to you superiors, “Hi, just getting in my gym time, since they stuck me doing paper work. How have you been Oppa?”

“Kevin here has been slacking on his duties,” Soohyun said walking over to you. “He never slacked when you were around.” Soohyun put his arm around your shoulder, “You should come back and join us so you can help keep him in check,” You blushed as you slid under his arm and grabbed it. “But Soohyun Oppa, I need to finish my paper work duties before I can go on another mission with you guys,” you say as you pouted. You despised doing paper work, you seemed to have this claustrophobic feeling when being confined to a desk. “But I would love to join you guys on the next mission.”

“Nana, do you want to do some sparring with me before we leave?” Dongho asked, with his adorable puppy dog eyes. You giggle as you reflect back on how distant Dongho was toward you when you first met him. “Yeah sure, I might be a little rusty since I haven’t been on the field for a month now, but I’ll try my best,” you reply to his question as you release Soohyun’s arm and walk over to Dongho. You two link arms and skip over to the mat. You and Dongho were the same age. He was older by a few months but you two agreed to be friends and not use any formal titles. “Now I’m going to take it easy on you,” he winked at you. “Eli, give us a place and a situation.”

Eli looked over, uninterested. “How about on a bridge, Nana’s the bad guy, and then she has a hostage,” he paused looking at s, “named Hoon.” Hoon glared at Eli, and walked over to him and whispered something; Eli smirked in response to what Hoon had said. “Just get over there and be a good little hostage.”

Hoon knelt down onto the mat, and placed his hands behind his back. You stood in front of Hoon, and took your stance. While Dongho did the same, opposite of you. Kevin stepped onto the mat and counted down, “Hana, duel, set,” he flung his hand down and ran out of the way. Dongho sprang into action heading straight for you, but you simply stepped out of the way, and placing your foot out to trip him. You grabbed his arm as he fell and twisted it behind his back. You straddled him on the ground, while pushing his hand against his back and his face into the mat. He screamed in pain for you to let him go. The other members just looked at you in awe. Dongho had never been beaten before, and to see such a simple attack surprised even more. You giggled and rolled off of him.

“You lose, you’re lucky this was just a friendly sparring match and I didn’t have a gun on me, Dongho.” You said as you stuck your tongue out at him. “That’s not fair though, Nana,” he replied back and pouted. “What’s not fair? You said you were going to go easy on me, so I went easy on you,” you winked at him. “Now you and my hostage,” you pointed to Hoon. “Are dead.  Bang Bang.” You made a gun shape out of your hand and pretended to shoot them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Good thing we know her training hasn’t gone to waste,” a deep voice said to a computer monitor, watching Dongho and Nana's sparring match. “Now we just need to come up with a plan to capture her,” he said turning in his chair to five dark figures in the room.

“We will start planning,” one of the figures said, before they all bowed and left the room.