At Breakfast

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you guys get it?” the head PD asked as she finally finished explaining the mechanics of ‘My Girl’ to the BTOB members. Everyone was now gathered in BTOB’s living room. The boy group’s managers arrived just a few minutes ago and were now looking at the members’ reactions.

“How come you never told us, hyung?” Eunkwang looked at them and they just shrugged “What’s the point of a hidden camera if we told you?” The BTOB leader pouted and faced s “well?”

“So basically, Miss Soojung here is our ‘My Girl’ and she will be filming us all throughout our preparation process?” Changsub asked, the head PD and assistant PD nodded.  “It’s like MTV diary but not selca anymore” Peniel commented. The members exchanged thoughts and comments for a while before finally confirming to the staff that they understood.

Hyunshik looked over at Soojung who was fidgeting in the corner “Shouldn’t we introduce ourselves to our ‘My Girl’ now?” he suggested. “E-eh?” Soojung flinched. “If we’re gonna do this for a while, we might as well get acquainted, right?” he added.

Minhyuk shot up and extended a hand with that same, charming smile plastered on his face “Annyeong haseyo, Ahn Soojung-sshi. Let’s work hard together from now on, ok?” he winked and Soojung literally stopped breathing as her body temperature rose at break-neck speed. The BTOB visual blinked at her “Hmm?” he tilted his head “H-hello?”

“What? … O-oh!” Soojung snapped out of it and mentally slapped herself for looking so ridiculous. She nervously took his hand and shook it “Y-yes, I will d-do my best”. Peniel looked around at the staff members and they were all doing the necessary preparations to resume filming later. He stood up and offered a handshake to Soojung as well “It’s nice to meet you, Crystal-sshi” he giggled. Soojung shook it shyly and returned the favor.

Soon, Soojung and BTOB were all introduced and were starting small talk to get an atmosphere going.

 

“How old are you, Soojung-sshi?”

“A-ah. I’m 19. I was born on May, 1993”

“ooo! Then you’re Sungjae and I’s noona! I was right!”

“She’s the same age as me!”

 

“Do you know BTOB?”

“uhm… Y-Yes.”

“oooo!”

“I know your songs and I’ve watched a few of your performances. I’ve watched your MTV diary too. But … uh … I don’t think I was given enough time to know you fully”

“Aigooo … if you know our songs and seen our performances then that’s more than enough. We can always know more about each other through this show, right?”

 

“Hmmm … she says she knows BTOB but the next question would be … does she LIKE BTOB?”

The seven members looked at Soojung who pondered at the question. A sort of anticipating tension emerged. She giggled at their cute, wide-eyed faces and said “Yes”

“Woohoo!” they cheered

“Aigooo … such dorks”

 

“Alright! Preparations are done!” the assistant PD announced and handed Soojung back the camera “Let’s resume filming”. Soojung took the gadget and fiddled with it, the BTOB members all stared at her like she was the most interesting thing on Earth. Feeling awkward, she looked up and gasped to see 7 pairs of eyes boring down at her. “You know what, Soojung noona” Sungjae started “ … You’re really cute! … and pretty!”

Soojung instantly blushed at the compliment and looked back down to mumble a ‘thank you’. The other members giggled but inside, they thought the EXACT, SAME thing. “She really IS pretty though”

“Hello everyone, right now, we are going to see how BTOB is going to have breakfast!” Soojung announced to the camera as she held it up to focus on her and the bustling kitchen behind her. All the members of BTOB were running around, carrying different utensils and discussing what they were gonna cook.

“They all seem so charming when we see them in the kitchen like this, right?” she smiled. Suddenly, Minhyuk appeared beside her and put an arm around her shoulder, causing her to freeze “Yes, everyone, we’ve also been introduced to our ‘My Girl’, Ahn Soojung-sshi here.” He smiled at the lens “We talked earlier and we found out that she is a 93-liner! … Do you think she should call Eunkwang hyung, Changsub, Hyunshik and I ‘Oppa’?” he giggled, flashing his pearly whites. From her peripheral vision, Soojung saw the head PD urge her to keep the flow going by gesturing to her script.

“A-ah!” She blurted out and nervously peered at her script, not letting the camera catch that, of course “D-do you think they will be able to cook well? It’s exciting, huh? Let’s anticipate it!” she smiled lamely at the camera and proceeded to film the members in the kitchen. Minhyuk giggled at her lame attempt of ignoring the ‘Oppa’ issue. He went back to go work on the Kimbap he was making.

“Peniel-sshi is washing the dishes” Soojung said as she filmed him by the sink. Peniel smiled and looked at the lens “Soojung-sshi … we’re the same age. You can just call me ‘Peniel’. Soojung paused for a bit then said “Can I? It’s gonna be hard to get used to it though”. Peniel giggled “Its ok. As long as you do, it’s fine”. From behind the lens, Soojung admired Peniel’s calm and gentlemanly charm “Thank you”. “You’re welcome”

“Ok, now … you are all seeing Eunkwang-sshi and Hyunshik-sshi brewing up some Kimchi soup!” Soojung narrated as she walked c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter