It's the Little Things that Count

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Alright! Now, we have Minhyuk-sshi inside the answering booth for the last round of our quiz show!” Hyung Don announced to the cameras. Soojung was staring at the BTOB visual with questioning eyes. She was highly confused as to why the usually cheerful and confident-on-camera rapper was fidgety and quiet while standing in front of her “Why is he suddenly so nervous? How odd”

But then she too was pulled in a daze when she eyed the guy from head to toe. A lump formed in out of nowhere and she slowly gulped it down, feeling hot all of a sudden. “Who the heck told this guy to look so freaking godly in a plain white shirt and jeans?!? This unfairness is a sin to humanity!”

-Minhyuk-

Stay calm. Stay calm. Stay calm. Stay calm. Stay calm. STAY CALM, DARN IT!!!

Why am I so nervous?! We’re filming here for crying out loud! What am I doing?!!?? AISH!!!

For some reason, my eyes drifted to where Soojung was. She was looking at me with those big, round doe eyes that never fail to captivate me. I just HAD to look away! Don’t look at me like that! Why is she looking at me like that?!

My heart was racing. I felt like it was gonna pop out of my chest any second! What the heck!? Why is this happening to me?? This is really weird.

“Alright, Minhyuk-sshi! Let’s go to the first question and it’s a very easy one!” Hyung Don spoke, snapping me back to reality. “Minhyuk-sshi, fighting!” Soojung mouthed to me with a smile and that just did it. My mind went completely blank. *gulp* This was gonna be a looooong round.

“Soojung-sshi has a history with playing what instrument?”

“Omo! Does that count?” Soojung asked “I didn’t even leave the beginner stage!”. “Noona mentioned that on the way here, didn’t she?” Ilhoon commented. “Huh? What?” I babbled. “Come on, Minhyuk. Answer!” Hyung Don urged. “H-huh?”

*Ding!!* the bell went off and the walls moved. “WHOA!!!!!” I screamed, yes SCREAMED when I watched Soojung bounce closer. Crap! Crap! CRAP!!

“The answer is VIOLIN.” Hyung Don sighed “Aigoooo … What’s wrong with our witty Minhyuk today?”. “Got that right. What IS wrong with me?!”

*Ding!!*

*Ding!*

*DING!!!!*

The next three questions didn’t make any difference. Minhyuk’s brain was too much in the scrambler to even say any comprehensible words. Being face to face with Soojung right now didn’t make that any better. He was breathing heavily as if he ran a hundred kilometres. His face was flushed and he avoided as much eye contact with the girl as possible.

“Yaaaaa, this is really hard to believe” Hyung Don commented “Are you doing the same thing as Sungjae, Minhyuk? How come you can’t answer any?”. “N-no way! I’m not copying Sungjae!” Minhyuk hollered “I-I’ll answer the next one, watch me!” he boasted with non-existent confidence. Truthfully, he could’ve answered ALL those questions easily. But being THIS close to Soojung rendered him malfunctioning like this. It was really weird. “M-Minhyuk-sshi” he heard Soojung mumble and he looked at her “I-Is there something wrong? You’re not sick are you?” she asked softly “You’re not cheery and hyper like you used to be. D-do you think this game is troublesome?”

Minhyuk’s eyes widened “O-of course not! I don’t think this is troublesome. This game is really … f-fun. I’m sure the viewers will like it” he cleared his throat “A-and you don’t have to worry about me. I’m alright” “But very, VERY weirded out by my own behaviour”

“Ya, YA! No secretive mumbling!” Sungjae called from the outside, making the two flinch and blush harder. “Last question!” Hyung Don proceeded, smirking to himself since he also caught what Sungjae did but chose not to comment about it (even though he was REALLY itching to, being the scandalous comedian that he is) “Soojung’s name has an ENGLISH equivalent. What is it?”. Peniel smiled at the question; obviously he knew what it was. The other BTOB members mumbled to themselves, pondering at the word. Eunkwang and Sungjae both realized the answer and grinned, the rest of the members realized it too and smiled.

“That’s so easy!” Minhyuk beamed to the booth camera. Hyung Don, feeling a little mischievous decided to stall “Oh really now? But you haven’t been doing a good job, are you sure?”. “O-of course, sunbae!” Minhyuk pouted “My mind was just blurry before!” he defended playfully.

“3 … 2 … 1!” the staff member behind the booth counted then *Ding!* went the bell and Soojung and Minhyuk were hurled against each other “Oof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter