The Shark Week Experience (Part 1)

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello? Soojung?” the head PD finally picked up after her phone rang about 5 times “Sorry, I was in a meeting, why did you call?”

“PD-nim, is it okay to postpone the next filming for next week?” Soojung asked on the other line. “Omo! Why so suddenly? Did something happen?”

“Ah n-no … Actually, it’s just that … I don’t think I can film this week”

“Why?”

“It’s that time of the month again, PD-nim” Soojung sighed. “Hmmm? What do you mean? and don’t call me PD-nim … I said to call me ‘Unni’. Aigoooo”

“You know! The ‘red-letter days’? …  Shark week?” Soojung tried describing. “Ah! Your period has arrived?”

“Y-yeah … that’s right”

“Hmmm … I see … I understand then. I’ll tell the—wait a minute!” the head PD caught herself “that’s it!” she exclaimed happily.

“W-what is it?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!??!” Soojung screamed through the phone. The head PD had to hold her phone an arm’s length away so as not to go deaf.

“UNNI!!! Have you gone completely CRAZY?!!?”

“What, I think it’s a GREAT idea!”

“Sending 7 male idols to my boring and shabby apartment is NOT a great idea, Unni! It’s absolutely ridiculous! Unthinkable!”

The head PD sighed “Look, this is such a perfect chance! I told you already, right? ‘My Girl’ aims to show and teach BTOB how to be around girls. How much more ‘girl’ can you get when we’re talking about the menstrual cycle here! And don’t think of this in odd ways, it’s just educational! Besides! I’ll only send them over for a DAY, I promise!”

“But Unni!” Soojung whined, still opposing to the suggestion “I really, REALLY don’t think this is a good idea!”. “Well, Sorry dear” PD giggled “You signed a contract stating that you will do what is best for the show and in this situation, THIS is what’s best for the show” she finalized, feeling a little guilty that this had to be forced. Soojung sighed and finally surrendered “Fine. I just hope I don’t completely humiliate myself in front of BTOB”

“I’ll give the boys the camera and your address. They’ll be over tomorrow so do expect visitors, ok?”

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

 

 

The next day …

“Argh!! Darn cramps!!” Soojung doubled over on her couch. She was watching a variety show when something funny came up and she laughed, causing her already aching lower belly to ache tenfold “I hate this!!” she whined.

 

 

“It’s this one!”

“Are you sure?” “Of course!”

“Ya, are we just gonna barge in!?”

“Wait! Let’s think about this first”

Some softened, muffled voices could be heard outside her apartment door. Recognizing some of the voices, she groaned and sat up “Urgh … Great” she mumbled sarcastically “Send them over when I’m in my full beastly form, what don’t’cha?” she rolled her eyes and grumbled on.

 

“Ya, Minhyuk hyung! You still haven’t answered my question!” Peniel whined in a hushed tone “How did you know that Soojung’s apartment building was here?”. “A-ah … “ Minhyuk scratched the back of his head, trying to come up with an excuse “T-that’s because … uhhh …”

“Shhh! Both of you be quiet! Aigooo! You’re disturbing the peace” Ilhoon, in ‘nagging grandmother’ mode hissed at them with his index finger up to his lips

Eunkwang brought out the ‘My Girl’ camera from out of the pack that was hanging from his shoulder “Let me turn on the camera before we knoc--”

 

The door flung open revealing a Soojung with an eyebrow raised and one hand on her hip “You guys need a lesson on stealth if you’re ever going to pull off something like this” she smirked. “Soojung!/Soojung-ah!/Soojung noona!” exclaimed BTOB.

Sitting awkwardly on the cramped, living room couch, the BTOB members eyed each other. Soojung was in the kitchen, getting them something to drink.

“U-uhhhh … what are we supposed to do now?” Changsub broke the silence. Eunkwang the camera “Hello everyone!” he waved to the lens “today, we’re visiting our ‘Girl’s’ apartment!” he announced.

 

FLASHBACK

“WHAT!?! So you’re saying we’re gonna go to her house?!” Eunkwang gaped at the head PD who had just finished explaining their ‘mission’ for the next day “Yup! You will learn how to take care of a girl who’s having her monthly period. This is pretty vital. Well, except for Peniel-sshi, Ilhoon-sshi and Changsub-sshi who have sisters, it’ll probably a fun experience for the rest of you!” she beamed.

“Yeah right!” Ilhoon rolled his eyes then laughed to himsel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter