Fail

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Seriously though …” Soojung pouted “You said I could come here, sleep and bum around on the internet … but instead, I’m out here, screaming my lungs off and grazing every joint in my body on the cold, snowy ground …”

At that, Minhyuk and Peniel managed an amused giggle.

“That’s just because you’re the naïve girl who believes in everything we say …” Peniel commented slyly, earning a glare from Soojung. Minhyuk smiled at her cuteness. “Ah! anyway! … I’m gonna go get the cookies I packed in my bag; I’ll be right back, ok?” Soojung waved and ran toward the locker rooms.

 

Minhyuk noticed that Peniel couldn’t take his eyes off her even when she disappeared through the door. He felt awkward for a while, like he was getting in the way or something. But still, a small voice in his head kept telling him to stay and make sure nothing happens. What an admirable hyung he was. *sigh*

“Hyung …” Peniel’s voice snapped Minhyuk back to reality. “Y-yes?”. “… I think” the younger BTOB member started “I think I … want to confess to her after all …”

Minhyuk almost fell out of his seat upon hearing it and stared at Peniel with wide eyes “Y-you are? … b-but …”. “Yeah, I know.” Peniel chuckled dryly “I said I wouldn’t make things awkward since we’re filming a show with her but … I feel like I have to grab on to her before it’s too late, you know what I mean?” he explained “Sungjae is working hard, mind you … the brat’s being so obvious …”

“Uh … I-I …” Minhyuk couldn’t get himself together. A wave of fear rushed through him all of a sudden.”You think I should go for it, hyung?” Peniel asked “ … I know I’m gonna burden her but I don’t think I can keep it in any longer. I don’t want any regrets either”

Minhyuk couldn’t breathe for a second. What should he say? Of course, as the good hyung, he should encourage his dongsaeng. But why does his chest feel so heavy and why was his throat running dry? He was trembling as well.

 

“Minhyuk hyung? …” Peniel blinked at him and he snapped out of it and looked back at the younger member. “A-ah … I … uh …” he stuttered and gulped, bracing himself once again. Gosh, this feels like the time Peniel asked him if he had feelings for Soojung. Only this time, it was a HUNDRED times more difficult.

“Y-you …” Minhyuk gulped again, feeling cold sweat forming “I … W-why are you asking me that, D-Donggeun-ah?”. Peniel smiled and looked down “I just wanted to get a little assurance, I guess … I’m actually very nervous right now, hyung …”

 

Seeing his dongsaeng’s quivering expression, Minhyuk dropped everything. He closed his eyes and breathed in “Y-you don’t need to ask for assurance, Peniel. You’re a great guy, I’m sure things will work out just fine … You … You should confess to her if you really want to. B-because you like her enough …”

Hearing this, Peniel’s face brightened immediately, gaining new confidence “You’re right, hyung … I DO like her enough. I like her a lot! ...” he fist pumped to himself “… you’re the best, Minhyuk hyung!” he beamed at the BTOB visual who sent him back a forced smile but Peniel was too excited to notice it.

Feeling prickly once again, Minhyuk stood up from his seat “I-I … I’m gonna leave you two a-alone then …” he croaked and shakily patted Peniel’s shoulder “D-do well, Shin Donggeun …” he tried so hard not to breakdown. After a prompt silence, Minhyuk walked out.

“Where did Minhyuk oppa go?” Soojung looked around. “He said he didn’t want to go zip lining anymore …” Peniel shrugged, covering for his hyung. “Is that so? …” Soojung placed the pack of cookies on the table and sat back down “we could have shared the cookies together …” she pouted.

 

“…”

“Come on, Peniel! DO IT! … you said you wanted to! Don’t back out now, idiot!” he screamed in his mind.

 

“Soojung-ah …” Peniel started. His voice was a bit shaky.

Soojung looked up from her cup of hot chocolate “Hmmm …?”

 

 

“Uhh … There’s something I want to tell you …”

“What is it?”

 

“U-uh … I uh …” Peniel his lips. Wow, this was harder than he thought. Who would’ve thought that confessing your feelings was THIS nerve wracking!? He couldn’t even speak properly! This was so unlike him!

Soojung just looked at Peniel, waiting for him to speak up. But in the back of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter