Downhill

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soojung noooooonaaaaa~~~! Noona! NOONA!!!”  Sungjae was banging on her room door early the next morning. Groaning, Soojung sat up and looked around. Instead of being mad at Sungjae for interrupting her precious sleep, she was more surprised that she was in her room, on her bed.

“Did Minhyuk oppa bring me here last night?” she wondered aloud. Flashback of what happened at the back porch filled her head. “Ahn Soojung you pabo! How could you fall asleep like that?! AISH!” she muttered to herself as she hit herself a couple of times.

 

Come to think of it. The reason I went out there was because I couldn’t sleep. Why did I fall asleep just when oppa and I were talking? I didn’t think he was boring for me to just drop dead like that. Could it be …

 

… that I’m just comfortable around him?

 

 

“NOOOO~OONAAAA!” boomed Sungjae’s voice, snapping her back to reality “Eo! I’ll be right out, Sungjae-ah!” she called back before the BTOB maknae pulverizes the door.

“You guys are evil. PURE.EVIL” Soojung glared at the 7 pairs of eyes that were boring down her soul, pleading her agree to their request. She and BTOB were now on top of the mountain once again, but this time, not to go down through skiing or snowboarding … but through a zip line cable.

 

 

“I can’t believe I let you guys talk me in to this …” Soojung sighed, facepalming herself. BTOB just giggled and grinned in victory.

 

“This time, I’LL be your first partner down, Noona!” Sungjae beamed, taking his place beside her. “Seriously … I don’t get why you boys love stuff like this …” Soojung muttered, pouting. “Come, Come! Let’s gear up!” Eunkwang announced and the gang approached the zip line starting point to be briefed and hooked up to the structure.

 

Looking straight at the course that they were about to go through, Soojung gulped hard. Sure, she had released some of her fears when they went skiing yesterday but it seemed to be coming back now. What if the cables break? What if she gets stuck in the middle? What if the hooks break loose?  These were the worries that kept haunting her.

“Ok, please get ready …” the zip line operator spoke, snapping Soojung back to reality. Suddenly, a warm hand gently grabbed on to her and held it tight. She gasped softly and looked at Sungjae beside her “I don’t know why you’re so afraid, Noona … but don’t be.” He smiled “We’re gonna fun again today, right? … I’m here so don’t be scared … ok?”

Soojung was touched at his words. She felt herself gradually calming down and smiling back “O-ok …”

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”

“WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Both Soojung and Sungjae’s screams filled the sky and slope as they zoomed down through the zip line cable.

The rest of the BTOB members smiled and cheered as they watched the two slide down. They were excited to ride the zip line as well. For the first few meters of the line, Soojung screamed in fear but the rest of it, she gripped Sungjae’s hand tight and eventually enjoyed the ride;  heaving out a joyous yell.

 

“Look who’s finally got the hang of it …” Peniel sent her a playful smirk as he and Soojung were getting hooked up to the zip line for their turn. Soojung had gone down a few times and was now really into it. No one would believe that she was a nervous wreck just a while ago. “I can’t help it, This is pretty fun!” she beamed. Peniel giggled and looked down at the slope.

 

 

“I’ve never done things like these before, you know …” Soojung added, looking up at the blue sky. Peniel turned to her “What do you mean? …”. “Before I signed up for ‘My Girl’ … I never, NEVER would have imagined doing things like this. I was the boring girl, you see; Home, School, Part time job … it all goes in a cycle” her eyes were reflecting a kind of sadness “After experiencing only fun times with you and BTOB … like filming straight in the night, playing games, being loud, going skiing, zip lining … after doing all these things with you, I kinda pity my past self for missing ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter