Stolen Moments

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“But I don’t wanna go skiing!!” Soojung pouted “You guys said I could just come and sleep!”. BTOB giggled. “And the fact that you actually believed that truly makes your ‘Our Girl’…” Eunkwang smiled.

“Geez …” Soojung muttered as she walked inside the women’s locker rooms to get ready. She had woken up about an hour ago and was immediately offered a skiing session by the BTOB members. Still oblivious to the secretly filming ‘My Girl’ camera crew, she just went on about her business as usual.

The cable car ride toward the top of the skiing slope heightened Soojung’s nerves. She didn’t think it would be this high. Suddenly, she wasn’t sure she wanted to go skiing anymore.

“Uhhh … g-guys …” she gulped as she kept her eyes on the mountain side, going higher and higher “I don’t think I want to go anymore …”

“What are you talking about?” Peniel smiled “You can’t come to a skiing resort without trying the slopes! That’s just ridiculous!”. “B-but …”

“Aigooo …” Peniel gave her a comforting pat on the back “You’ll be fine … WE’RE here, remember?”. “Yeah, Soojunggie!” Changsub grinned, joining the conversation “You don’t have to be scared!”.

 

“Right now …” Hyunshik whipered to the ‘My Girl Selcam’ secretly “We’re going up the mountain to go skiing and snowboarding. Soojunggie seems a bit nervous but Peniel and Changsub are soothing her” he gave a thumbs up to the lens then looked behind him cautiously to make sure Soojung didn’t see the camera in his hand.

“Everyone, Who do you think is the best in BTOB when it comes to snowboarding?” Minhyuk entered the frame. “We should teach Soojung how to do it too, right?” he smiled and waved. “Shhh! Don’t be too loud! Soojung noona will notice!” Ilhoon squeezed into the frame as well after casting a cautious gaze at Soojung who was still, fortunately, looking nervously down the mountain slope.

“So … you just have to maintain your balance and steer yourself slowly …” Eunkwang instructed Soojung as Sungjae busied himself in securing her protective gear. “I-I won’t go too fast and fall on my face first, would I?” Soojung gulped. Eunkwang giggled “Don’t worry, we already showed you how to slow down, right? And we won’t let you go down alone, promise!”

“I’ll be your first partner!” Peniel beamed as he positioned himself beside her. “I-I’ll be in your care then …” Soojung smiled warily, still nervous about what she was about to do. What the heck did she just get herself into?!

- Minhyuk -

I watched from afar as Soojung relayed all her worries and nervous feelings to Peniel. They looked good together, I must admit. They’re the same age too, that’s why they can get comfortable with each other right away.

Ahhh. How nice.

Minhyuk was lying to himself. He was smiling on the outside and muttering words of admiration and encouragement to Peniel and Soojung but inside … he was dying.

He was dying.

 

His chest clenched with every word and his heart broke with every smile that Soojung wasn’t throwing at him. What could he do though? He was the one who chose to back off. He was the one who decided to step away.

He had no right to feel hurt.

For the rest of the morning, BTOB and Soojung hung out on the mountain slope.

“KYAAAAAAAAA!!! Omo! Omo Sungjae-ah!!! Don’t leave me!!!!!!!” Soojung shrieked as she slid down the slope with Sungjae as her partner now.  “Noona!! Hurry up!” Sungjae beamed at her. She caught up a little later with a pale face. This was the 3rd time she was going down the slope and she hasn’t gotten used to it yet.

“Oh gosh …” she sighed and huffed then glared at Sungjae who was grinning amusedly at her “Don’t look at me like that. How on Earth are you guys so good at this?! It’s scary!”. “It’s because you’re letting yourself give in to your fears, Noona” Sungjae smiled.

Soojung looked at the BTOB maknae. “Here …” Sungjae took a hold of both her hands “Look at me, Noona”. With hesitation, Soojung shifted her gaze towards Sungjae’s eyes. “You won’t get hurt …” the maknae spoke gently “You won’t fall. You won’t slip. There’s nothing scary here, just fun!” he smiled again, Soojung gulped. How the heck is this kid able to spew such words at a time like this?!

“Well for this run, I’m here, right Noona? … I’ll protect you” was Sungjae’s last sentence. Noticing her reddening cheeks and thinking that it was because of the cold, the BTOB maknae cupped her cheeks, making her jump. The ‘My Girl’ cameras were sure to take a good shot of the moment.

 

“Better? You’re not cold anymore, Noona?” Sungjae asked, snapping her out of her thoughts. “A-ah! … y-yes …” she stuttered “Thank you …”. When Sungjae removed his hands, Soojung’s face was even redder now but she didn’t let him see it.

“Are you ready to try again then, Noona?” he smiled. Soojung could only nod as she felt her own cheeks which were burning. Darn this sneaky maknae.

 “Here you go!” smiled Peniel as he handed Soojung a cup of hot chocolate. “Thanks” she smiled back and carefully took the cup.

The gang was now taking a break after spending hours out on the mountain side.

“Noona!!! Noona! Noona! Noona! Soojung Noona!!” Sungjae came running toward them and stopped just in front of her, panting. “Sungjae-ah! Why? Why did you run?” Soojung blinked at him.

“Here!” Sungjae raised a pack of band aids from his pocket. Peniel and Soojung only looked at him in confusion. “Aigooo … you scratched your cheek when you fell that one time with Eunkwang hyung, right? … We can’t have noona’s pretty face scarred now, can we?” the maknae grinned as he took one band aid and carefully placed it on the small scratch on her cheek.

For a moment, their faces were so close that Soojung had to div

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter