Little Conversations

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I need to talk to you … M-minhyuk … o-oppa”

 

 

Soojung and Minhyuk stood beside each other, with an awkward amount of space between them. “W-what is it?” he asked, trying to break the ice. “Have you been avoiding me?” she asked bravely, making him flinch. “You don’t act any differently when it comes to your members but whenever I’m involved, you would shut up and sometimes leave” she said in a soft voice “Did I do something wrong, by any chance? That would make you dislike me or something?”

“Wha--!!” Minhyuk reacted “What?! No! It’s nothing like that! I don’t dislike you! Never!”

Soojung blinked at him. For some reason, hearing him say ‘Never’ sent her heart leaping in all directions. “I … uhm … err … What I meant was … uhh” Minhyuk stuttered hopelessly, mentally slapping himself in the process. Soojung couldn’t help but giggle “The always confident Lee Minhyuk-sshi is at a loss for words. How odd” she commented with a smile.

Minhyuk gulped “Darn it! This is wrong. What am I doing?! I’m getting pulled in again!” he pushed himself off the wall and took a deep breath “What I meant was … Everything’s fine. I’m sorry if you felt like I was ignoring you, t-that wasn’t my intention. After all, I promised to do better during filmings, didn’t I?”. “O-oh …” Soojung trailed off, feeling her heart sink “So it was just so he could focus on filming. You’re an idiot for thinking something else, Soojung” “I-I see …” she softly said. Minhyuk leaned back on the wall and willed the Earth to come gobble him up for lying to her.

 

Awkward silence filled the both of them. They would trail their eyes around, eventually land their gazes on each other then look away quickly, blushing. Both of them came out here to catch a breath of fresh air but, looking at things now, it became more suffocating than ever.

 

 

 

 

 

“Crap! This is killing me!” Minhyuk furrowed his brows “Think, Lee Minhyuk, THINK!!”. “Ahn Soojung! What is wrong with you?! You were getting a conversation flowing just fine until now! Talk, idiot!” Soojung screamed in her mind.

 

“Uhm--!!” they both cried out at the same time and stopped at the same time as well. They both blinked at each other then burst out laughing. Passers-by gave them looks thinking how endearing and odd they were being. Endearing, because they looked like a cute, high school couple having a good time and Odd, because weren’t these kids supposed to be at school!? (Reminder: Soojung and Minhyuk were still wearing their school uniform filming outfits) That aside, the atmosphere lightened up, just like that.

 

 

“Sssssso, you’ve never had a high school sweetheart, aye?” Minhyuk asked, attempting to lift the atmosphere a little more. “Ahh …” Soojung let out an embarrassed chuckle “Y-yeah well …” she shrugged.

 “Why?”

“Huh?”

“Why? Why didn’t you have one?”

“Uhhh … I … I don’t know, really. I guess … no one wanted me?” Soojung admitted, looking a bit sad.

“That’s not true” he spoke, making her look into his sincere eyes “That’s definitely NOT true” You have NO idea. Soojung looked away as she felt her cheeks heat up again “I-If it’s not true then don’t you think I would’ve found someone by now?” she sighed “I’ve always wanted to know what it feels like to be in a loving relationship. All my friends have and are. They just don’t notice how bitter it makes me to just watch them from the side while they busy themselves with their happiness”.

“Y-you’ve never had a boyfriend?” Minhyuk’s eye widened. Soojung nodded then giggled a bit sadly “I thought you might have figured that out when I said I never had a high school sweetheart. I’ve never had a high school sweetheart and I’ve never had a sweetheart. Ahhh the sad love life of the forever alone, Ahn Soojung”

Minhyuk couldn’t even believe what he was hearing. This girl in front of him, this girl whom he fell for at first sight, this girl that he can’t have … has never been shown the love and care of a boyfriend. It was really, REALLY hard to believe given that fact that even at that moment, he wanted to pull her close and hug her.

“Anyway” Soojung sighed again “I guess just I’m not cut out for love” she shrugged glumly. “Don’t be so negative about it” Minyuk comforted “Someone WILL come for you. Someone who will love you with everything they have and never make you feel lonely ever again”. Soojung smiled at him “Thanks, oppa” she softly said, still with a hint of sadness in her tone.

 

 

 

 

“C-can I ask what you look for in a guy?” Minhyuk cautiously asked next. “Why? You’re gonna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter