It's all fun and games until ...

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently, the title ‘Couple games’ was a little misused. Instead of games played in pairs, it was actually a competition to form the MV couple in the end. Peniel was already used to these kinds of misuse of English terms by Korean shows so he just shrugged it off. And besides! That wasn’t what was important right now. He looked around at the props and materials laid out in front of him and s which, according to the head PD, were all the elements for their games that day. Yep. He had to win this.

 

“Now … ” the assistant PD’s voice resounded this time “Soojung-sshi … please proceed to the chair in front. Today, you will be our one-day princess!” she smiled. Soojung blinked at the assistant for a moment before hesitantly walking forward “O-okay …”

Once seated on the ‘throne’, Soojung waved to the seven enthusiastic boys who were gradually feeling the excitement build up. “Before we start the first game …” the assistant PD continued “… we’ve invited someone special to be our MC for this event!”

“Eo!” BTOB reacted.

“The BTOB members and Soojung-sshi, please call him out” the assistant PD said.

“Please come out~!!” the venue echoed with cheerful voices. A chubby figure walked into the set from the hidden area and BTOB cheered upon seeing the friendly face. It was Jung Hyung Don again.

“Hello! Hello, everyone!” the comedian greeted while BTOB and Soojung applauded him in welcome “Thank you for calling me over once again. These boys have grown on me” Hyung Don expressed “Let’s make this a fun event for the viewers, boys!”

“Yes!” BTOB replied.

 

 

“Now, let’s go to our first game. Please be reminded that one of you will be eliminated per game until we end up with the ultimate winner, so do your best, BTOB!” Hyung Don said

“Of course!” was BTOB’s general response.

“The first game is …” the comedian paused for effect “… giant jenga!!”

 

The gigantic tower covered by a big tarp in front of them, was revealed to be a huge stack of jenga tiles. BTOB couldn’t help but react in awe upon seeing it. “Oh my god! I’ve only ever seen this on TV!!” Changsub exclaimed. “Keke … this is gonna be a breeze!” Sungjae rubbed his palms together with a smirk plastered on his face. “Shut up!” Minhyuk pouted at the maknae “… just because you’re tall. Geez.”

 

The first game started off great! The energy and competitiveness of BTOB was emphasized as they slowly plucked out the jenga pieces one after the other. Even Soojung was getting very much into watching the game; cheering every time a piece was cleanly removed and would gasp in worry when the jenga tower would wobble dangerously.

“Remember!” Hyung Don spoke energetically “the one member who causes the jenga tower to fall is immediately out so do your best!”

 

About 45 minutes into the game and the jenga tower was reduced into a gangly, shaky pile. It was currently Eunkwang’s turn and he was breaking into a cold sweat while carefully pulling out a piece from the higher rung of the tower. “Just a little more, hyung!” Hyunshik cheered though he was inwardly wishing the opposite since it was his turn next.

“Eunkwang oppa, fighting!” Soojung cheered from the ‘throne’ while Hyung Don imitated a sports commentator while narrating the events.

 

“AAHHHHH!!!” practically everyone screamed when the jenga tower crumbled to the floor as Hyunshik, who decided to go with the ‘fast-and-furious’ way,  yanked out a jenga piece in the bottom. “NOOOOOOOO!!!” he wailed dramatically and held his head while s cheered and jeered for him all at the same time.

“It’s unfortunate but …” Hyung Don announced “BTOB’s ‘body’, Lim Hyunshik … Eliminated!!”

 

A simultaneous series of Arm wrestling, Ddakkji, and Luck-Fire-Luck later, only Ilhoon, Minhyuk and Peniel were left. They were now playing the semi-final game which was none other than a round of Gonggi , the 5-stones game. Minhyuk did really well and passed his turn with ease. Peniel was almost done with his while Ilhoon watched anxiously beside him “Jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter