'Closeness' Game (Part 1)

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All clad in plain white shirts and blue jeans, BTOB and Soojung assembled in one of the filming rooms of KBS Studios. “Ah, seriously, PD-nim! Tell us what we’re going to do right now!” Soojung whined, completely sceptical of the atmosphere since they arrived several minutes ago. The room had many, MANY objects on standby like different-coloured boxes, big sheets of cardboard, cloth and a particularly odd, GIGANTIC box in the middle that was covered by a white tarp.

“Alright! Alright! I’ll tell you” the head PD surrendered “Are the cameras ready?” she asked the camera crew who gave her a thumbs up. She walked over behind the camera and signalled for BTOB and Soojung to stand in front of it. “Ok!” she finally spoke as the cameras started rolling. “During the interview before, the BTOB members expressed that they wanted to become closer to their Girl, am I right?” the head PD asked “Yes!” the BTOB members enthusiastically answered. “Well, we will try to grant that wish for them in the show” she announced and the BTOB members cheered. “What have you guys been saying in that interview?!” Soojung panicked, causing a round of laughter.

“But before that” the PD continued “… we would like to test how well the BTOB members will interact with girls, and in this case, their Girl, Soojung-sshi!”. “EH?!” Everyone gaped.

“We have prepared a very interesting game for you guys today. If you look to your left you will see that we have a BIG surprise for you! Everyone, please grab a part of the sheet” the head PD instructed. With both hesitation and excitement, the members of BTOB and Soojung each took hold of the white tarp. “On three, Pull the cover off, ok?” head PD smiled “ … one … two … THREE!!!”

 

“Ooooooo!!!!” the boys cheered as they peeled off the white covering revealing a big box with a glass wall in front. The inside was bare and the side walls had some kind of gears and pipes attached to them. “It looks like a sauna room!” Ilhoon grinned. “Are you gonna give us a free sauna treatment?” Eunkwang asked, ecstatically. “Uwaaaa … just what is it?” Soojung commented as she examined the odd contraption.

 
[A/N: The inside should be bare and it should be bigger]

“Yes, it may look like a sauna room but it’s quite different” the PD explained “Its actually going to be our answering booth for the mini quiz show we’re having today. If you look closely, you will see that the only things inside are a couple of cameras on the ceiling. They are there to film you, of course. Now, let me explain to you the mechanics of our game”. ”Yes!” the BTOB members chorused, feeling adrenaline pumping through them. The head PD giggled and continued “Each member will go inside our booth with Soojung-sshi. We will be asking a series of questions about girls and some about Soojung-sshi to test how much the boys know. The member who gets the most questions answered will be the winner”

“Ahhh …” Everyone nodded in understanding. “Do you get it?” the PD smirked. “Yes!” they answered. “Well here’s the catch!” she announced, capturing their attention once again “Each member will have a MINUTE to answer as much questions as they can BUT … every 10 seconds of not answering or giving a wrong answer, the side walls of the booth will contract to about a foot, therefore decreasing the overall width of the room!”. At this, everyone’s jaws dropped to the floor. “HUWAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?”

 “Ahhh! PD-nim! Why are you like this!?” Soojung whined to the ceiling camera as she stepped into the answering booth. BTOB giggled upon seeing her complain through the TV screen that was stationed just outside the booth. “Ok, let me finish up the explanations” the head PD spoke again “As you all know now, each time you get a question wrong or take a long time to answer, the walls will contract, resulting to you and Soojung-sshi to get ‘closer’”. Hyunshik laughed “’Closer’, they say”. “The very last width of the booth where it can contract no longer is about two feet. That means that you and Soojung-sshi will probably be hugging by that time” the PD giggled, earning mixed reactions from the BTOB members.

“Even if I know the answer, I’m not going to say it!” Sungjae announced, with a toothy grin of pride “I’d like a hug from Soojung Noona!”.”Ya!!!” Soojung pouted from inside the booth “Don’t joke around, Sungjae-ah!” she scolded, making the boys laugh.

“Shall we start then?” the PD asked. “Yes!!” BTOB answered and fist pumped. “Let’s draw lots to determine the order” the PD said and a staff member approached the boys with a glass bowl filled with rolled up pieces of paper. Each member drew a lot and the results came out with Eunkwang going first, followed by Hyunshik, then Changsub, Peniel, Ilhoon, Sungjae and lastly, Minhyuk.

“Alright, before we officially start, we have invited a special MC for our game” . “Ooooo!” the BTOB members perked up “Really?”. “Let us all welcome, Jung Hyung Don!”. The staff members as well as the BTOB members applauded when the comedian walked into the video frame. “Thank you for having me!” he smiled “I’m looking forward to spending this time with BTOB”. “We are in your guidance, thank you!” BTOB bowed to him. And so, after being handed his cue cards, Hyung Don officially opened BTOB’s Girl knowledge Quiz.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter