'Closeness' Game (Part 2)

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Whoa! Whoa!  Whoa! WHOA!!” Changsub panicked as he clung onto his wall after they contracted for the third time. He had committed three mistakes already and his distance from Soojung was only about a foot. “This is really no joke! WAAAAAHH!!!” he yelled, earning laughs from the outside.

“Aigooo … You should have been paying attention, Changsub” Hyung Don chuckled “Next! When walking along the streets with a girl, as a man, which side should you walk on?”. “The side closest to the road!” Changsub answered despite having a mental breakdown. “Correct!” the MC announced, earning applause “As a man, you should always walk on the side closest to the road. This is for safety and overall courtesy” he explained and the BTOB members nodded in understanding “Last question! Among us guys, there’s always that thing that puzzles us about women; it’s their ability to want the OPPOSITE of what they’re saying, right?” “YEAH!!!” the BTOB members answered without hesitation, earning a light giggle from Soojung. “Now then! Changsub-sshi, supposed Soojung was mad at you saying ‘Leave me alone! I don’t want to talk to you!!’ what does it mean?”. Changsub looked at their ‘Girl’ and grinned mischievously, making Soojung blush and look away.

*Ding!* he was too slow so the walls moved, making him stand face to face with her. “It means she wants a hug or some expression of fondness. Girls are really weird like that” he commented and giggled. “Correct!” Hyung Don called “Aigoooo … you got all the girl-related questions right but completely flunked the ones about Soojung-sshi” he added, laughing. “I’ll do better” Changsub said to the camera “Come then, Soojunggie” he opened his arms “Since we’re already this ‘close’, gimme a hug!” he cooed, earning a laugh from her. She hugged him and the walls loosened up.

“Changsub-sshi has finished with a total of 2 points!” Hyung Don announced “Next member is … Peniel!”. Peniel stepped forward, grinning widely. “Oooo! You look like you’re very confident” Hyung Don commented. “Well, I have been paying attention since we started ‘My Girl’” Peniel explained “Plus, Soojung and I are the same age, so we have a kind of comfortable atmosphere. I’m confident because of that”. “Psh! Show off!” Ilhoon pouted, earning a good laugh from the members.

Seeing that ever-so-confident smile plastered on Peniel’s handsome face, Soojung unconsciously gulped while peering outside “Why am I suddenly nervous?”

“Do you want me to win or not?” Peniel asked Soojung as he entered the answering booth. “Huh?” the girl blinked at him. “What I mean is … if you think you’ve had too much, you know ……. ‘Closeness’ for the day, I’ll win the game for you” he offered, making her heart skip a beat. “Y-you’re really THAT confident?” she stuttered, already blushing even though nothing was happening yet. “I’ll win then” Peniel just flashed her a toothy smile.

Hyung Don giggled “now THAT’S confidence” he murmured “Alright! Let’s go to the questions! Are you ready, Peniel?”. “Fighting!” he fist pumped to the camera.”Ah. This should have been shared to you by Soojung earlier … Which fruit would she prefer? An orange or an apple?” was the first question. “What the heck!?” Soojung protested “I never told them tha—“. “Orange!” Peniel answered.

“Ooooo! Correct!” the MC announced. “How did you …?” Soojung gaped at Peniel, he just winked back, giggling lightly. Feeling her face heat up to about a hundred degrees, Soojung immediately avoided eye contact with the BTOB member.

“Next question! It’s another ‘gentleman’ question … wow, this is kinda hard … When you are in a restaurant with a girl, this restaurant has a beautiful view and your table is by the window, which seat should you take and which one should the girl get?”. “Ooooo! That IS kinda hard! What is it?” Sungjae scratched his head. Ilhoon blinked and the other members looked at each other in wonder.

“The girl should get the seat that faces the view!” Peniel answered with confidence. “Correct!” Hyung Don announced and BTOB cheered. “How did he know that?” Hyunshik gaped. “How on earth did you get that right?!” Eunkwang overreacted, causing laughter. Peniel just smiled and giggled, completely proud of himself. He learned this in one of his Sociology classes back in the States. Of course, at the time, he didn’t really care and even laughed at this topic but boy was he thankful NOW that he at least paid a little attention to it.

“The girl should face the view so she can appreciate the restaurant’s feature. Also, the guy might get distracted if he faces the view and won’t it be better to have your pretty date as your view?” Hyung Don smirked as he explained, BTOB burst in “Ooo’s and Ahh’s” upon understanding the new information. “Peniel, I admire you for knowing that. Alright, let’s move on to the next! Does Soojung-sshi have a boyfriend?”. “Uhh … I don’t think so. She has US, after all … or just me?” Peniel laughed “Just kidding”. “Correct! She is currently single” Hyung Don announced.

“Next!”

 

Peniel answered all the questions correctly, leaving everyone in awe. The walls didn’t even move an inch. “How did you do that?” Soojung gaped at him, completely surprised herself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter