A Day Out

Playing for His Heart

 

A/N: Ok, Merry almost Christmas! Here is my xmas gift to all of you on this fine Sunday afternoon. And if some of you don't celebrate Christmas, then Happy past Hanukkah.....? Anyways, here's chapter 9, enjoy! :3

 

“But why were they interrogating me?!” Sehun commented insecurely. The two were coming back from Luhan’s practice this afternoon.

“Because all of them wish they had your flawless skin and full, kissable lips,” Luhan stopped them at the top of the stairs to steal a kiss from Sehun, who was caught up in his own thoughts. Upon hearing a cough, the two opened their eyes, and Sehun nearly screamed.

 “Ah, hello,” Sehun immediately detached himself from Luhan and bowed to his next door neighbor, the old and cranky Mrs. Choi.

“Sehun,” She frowned and hobbled past them to her door, mumbling under her breath about the disgusting youth.  

“Well she seems like a pleasant woman,” Luhan joked after the woman had entered her apartment.

“Just peachy,” Sehun said bitterly and unlocked the door of his apartment.  

  He probably should have never opened the door. Sehun groaned at the sight before them. Really?! Did they have to be here now of all times?!

Hangover City in the Oh, Byun, and Park residence.  It really was an interesting sight to see. Jong In was lying spread eagled on the floor beneath the coffee table, on his back. He had somehow lost his shirt, and one of his socks. Around his neck was a long, pink feather boa and comical, overly sized glasses that were hanging halfway in his mouth. Chanyeol, like the creep he is, was sleeping on the couch with his jaw and eyes wide open. He had on a skirt over his pants and different colored stains of food and drink on his white V-neck. His hair though……..it was like a rat had made a nest in it.

Hanging off awkwardly in the cushioned chair was Jongdae. His face was drawn on with what looked to be black sharpie. His eyelids were colored completely black, and he had a uni brow and a mustache that curled into complex spirals across his cheeks. Other than that, his attire and hair looked ok….. 

Lastly there was Baekhyun. The guy was lying face down on the coffee table, the same one above Jong In. None of them were sure how Baekhyun even managed to lay there with the dozens upon dozens of alcohol bottles surrounding him at every angle. One turn and he could be tumbling down with 10 of them. His face was made up like a Drag Queen’s, and on his head he wore a brown wig that was meant to be worn by a girl.

“Seriously?! Chanyeol!” Sehun went behind the freak and tapped him on the shoulder. Yeol, being a light sleeper, woke up with a violent start and with a:

“THE LIMIT DOES NOT EXIST!” Chanyeol bolted right up, and then clutched his head in pain, doubling forward over his thighs.

“Morning you idiot,” Sehun sighed.

“Why is it so bright?” Chanyeol rasped.

“Because you’re extremely hung over.”

Chanyeol looked slowly over, “Oh…..sorry,” He got up with steps similar to a snail’s speed, and picked up Baekhyun from the coffee table. On his way back to the bedrooms he also dragged Jongdae along with him. Now there was Jong In left to tend to. Sehun in slid him out from under the table. Jong In groaned from the movement and curled up into the fetal position.

“Come on, get up,” Sehun heaved Jong In over his shoulder. His head lolled down and off came the glasses.

“Leave me here to die,” The hung over man pleaded.

“You are in the need of four cups of coffee!” Sehun coughed at the terrible smell of bad breath and alcohol. He left momentarily to set Jong In down in his room before returning to his boyfriend in the living room.

“Sorry,” Sehun apologized, “Do you, uh, want to go out for the meantime?”

“Sure,” Luhan laughed behind the sleeve of his sports coat and the duo were off on their marvelous adventure to- …..where?

“But still,” Sehun picked up their conversation from where they last left off, “Is it not a little weird how they  thought I was only a friend? It’s not like guys wait for the other like that.”

“Be that as it may,” Luhan nodded and they reached the bottom of the steps, “The girls love you, so you’ll be accepted by the rest of the team unless the guys want to be sidelined. Only someone as squishy and cute as you could distract their women.” Luhan smiled cheekily and skipped off ahead down the street.

“....Squishy?! What’s that supposed to mean!” Sehun jogged after the bouncing deer.

Earlier, Sehun went to go meet Luhan at the fields because practice was running late. As he arrived at the turf, he noticed there were ten or twelve fabulously dressed females milling around. He had awkwardly stepped off to the side, but the estrogen eventually found him. Two minutes later, practice had ended and Sehun was surrounded by them.

“Ooh how pretty!” One had brushed his cheek.

“Your hair is so soft!” Hands had been petting his hair.

All Sehun could do was stand there, mortified. Yes, all of them were insanely beautiful, but let’s remember what side he batted for……. Luhan had just laughed and poked fun at Sehun, while the younger could feel lasers from the girlfriends’ boyfriends.  The girls had Luhan promise to bring Sehun back for them to toy around with.

Now, back in the present, Sehun was tracking Luhan into the nearby mall. It wasn’t that hard for him to find the bobbing blonde hair in midst of the crowd. Luhan was standing outside an electronics shop, watching a soccer game on TV. His brow was knitted together, and lower lip was between his teeth. The way his eyes darted back and forth made it clear to Sehun that this was an intense game.

The foreigners in red and blue were passing the ball so expertly. From the way their faces were shaped, Sehun guessed they were European. It was like a live action pinball game. The forward had the ball at his feet. His shoulder dropped low, and did a double scissor move to trick the defender into committing. With three perfectly controlled dribbles, the man was in the twelve, and rocketed a shot to the upper 90. It was a shot not even the goalkeeper could save!

“GOAL!” Luhan exclaimed, jumping up and down with his arms in the air. He hugged onto Sehun and spun around in circles with him. Sehun giggled nervously and released himself before they could attract any more stares. Luhan’s eyes wandered down the strip of stores, and with a “Ooh, what’s that?” he was off once again. Luckily Sehun was able to catch up this time.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Sehun grasped onto the back of Luhan’s jacket to stop him, but Sehun continued to be strung along. The baby faced man made an abrupt turn into an accessories shop that was head to toe in white and pink. It was filled with all types of things girls wanted, like bows, headbands, bracelets, necklaces, and so on. Why were they here…?

“I saw an ad on TV,” Luhan began, “for this store, and they had the cutest headband-” He wandered near the racks of headbands and fished one out. Sehun was distracted by all of the jewels and sparkles to notice that the headband was meant to be worn….by him.

“Ahh,” Luhan let out a content sigh, “Just as I thought, perfect!” He clapped his hands.

“Huh?” Sehun looked into a mirror on the wall. He turned his head to the left to see a large bow made entirely out of cubic zirconium, sticking to a thin gold band.

“It doesn’t suit me!” Sehun shook his head.

“Yes it does, pretty Sehuna~!”

Sehun pursed his lips and picked up a headband with a fist sized pink rose on it. He stuck it on Luhan’s head and smiled, “And this does too, Lulu~.”

“Doesn’t it?” Luhan jokingly batted his lashes with a girly laugh. He struck a pose and blew a kiss to Sehun. The two of them heard giggling and looked over to see the all-female staff watching them.  Luhan smiled and waved confidently while Sehun bashfully removed the headband from his head and put it back.

“Now the earrings-” Sehun interrupted Luhan.

“Are you trying to turn me into a girl?!”

“Sehun? Luhan?” A voice came from the inside of the same store. When Sehun looked over Luhan’s shoulder, he couldn’t help but let out a laugh.

Who else would drag Wu Fan into this store, but Tao. Both were trying on earrings because of their pierced ears. Well, it was mainly Tao putting them onto Wu Fan. Sehun immediately dropped his smile when he saw Wu Fan’s signature face.

“Hi Tao,” Sehun’s voice quivered with laughter. In Tao’s hands were a pair of long, overly lavish pair of earrings that were probably meant for Wu Fan.

“Hi guys! You doing the same?” The feathered headband on Tao’s head quivered with slight movements.

“Yeah,” Luhan responded, “He looks like he’s having fun,” He gestured to the sulking Wu Fan.

“Oodles of fun,” Wu Fan replied sarcastically and batted away Tao’s hands.

“Ahh, the things men will do out of love,” Sehun said jokingly, but Wu Fan still shot him a glare. Still not out of the student-teacher feel with him, Sehun panicked and ran with Luhan, his headband flying out behind them.

“ And that’s your ex teacher, right?” Luhan said to Sehun after they made it back down the strip again. They slowed their pace and continued to walk at a normal speed down the center. Luhan linked their arms. This form of skin ship was acceptable….

 “Yep,” Sehun replied back just as gossipy. “Apparently quit his job to be with Tao, not to get away from him!” Luhan had missed what happened after Tao had sprinted off for Wu Fan almost a week ago. Until now, Luhan hadn’t seen Tao since.

“Aww that’s so sweet!” Luhan bit his lower lip and eyes sparkled happily.

There was the sounds of cash registers, explosions, and the fanning of bright, multi-colored lights. To the left was a large arcade with school students milling around.

“Oh I haven’t been in one of these since forever,” Luhan veered off to the arcade with a smiling Sehun because of Luhan’s improper and adorable grammar.

“Then we have to go race first!” Sehun insisted and weaved in and out of the games to the car racing simulators.

Racing was daebak. Luhan lost the first time, but easily got into the swing of things and beat Sehun every time after that. Feeling his self-pride dwindle down with each loss, they moved onto crane machines, shooting zombies, and dance dance revolution.

“Victory!” Sehun cheered. The screen flashed up his score, that was one point higher than Luhan’s.

“You just got lucky,” Luhan huffed.

“Oh, is someone a sore loser?!” Sehun bobbed his head with his hands on  his hips, “Huh Lulu, huh?” Luhan gritted his teeth and shoved Sehun.

“Na na na na na~!” Sehun stuck out his tongue.

“That’s it!” Luhan swore and ran after Sehun.

“Ah!” Sehun giggled and sprinted away from him. Because Luhan was in such great shape, it only took him three seconds to grab Sehun. Luhan laughed along with Sehun, his arms tight around Sehun’s waist and head resting on his back.

“Oh, have you ever done that before?” Luhan’s attention was taken with the thing in front of them. Sehun stared at it.

“No, let’s do it!” Sehun said. He took Luhan’s hand and the two entered the photo booth.

“I have a hard time believing you haven’t,” Luhan said.

“Why?” Sehun was squished up against the dark wall to make room for Luhan in the tiny seat. He took out their last couple of bills of won to slide into the slot.

“Because it’s something all high school students used to do,” Sehun’s heart skipped a beat at the words ‘high school student.’

“I’m surprised the same didn’t happen to you,” Sehun smoothly replied, grateful that Luhan couldn’t clearly see his  caught-off-guard expression in the dark.

“Why?” Luhan mimicked Sehun’s tone.

“Because you’re handsome, of course.” Sehun stated the obvious.

“Oh, um, yeah,” Luhan didn’t know what to say to that.

“Go ahead, pick what you want,” Sehun told him.

“Are you sure?” Luhan wasn’t sure which border, words, or icons to choose at all.

“Of course. Just don’t put a bow on my head,” Sehun saw Luhan’s finger reach for the white and red polka dotted 2-D picture.

“Ah you’re no fun!” Luhan teased. In the end, he picked out a simple black and white border, and opted for no words or pictures. The camera flashed up and a red ring appeared in the large screen.

“Oh, we’re not in the center,” Sehun commented, “Get close.”

They scooted closer towards the marked circle. Sehun ended up having to place his arm over Luhan’s shoulders to give them more room, and Luhan didn’t mind one bit. A woman’s voice began to count down, and the screen flashed the numbers 3-2- . On one Luhan and Sehun both smiled.

“Now a silly face!” Luhan insisted. Sehun crossed his eyes and in his cheeks while Luhan made a derp face of forced excitement. Both saw each other in the screen, and had a hysterical laughing fit.

“What kind of face was that?” Luhan asked Sehun, imitating his deranged expression.

“Hey, you said a silly face!” Sehun accused and pouted at Luhan.

“Yes, silly, but not to the point where it could scare little children!”

“Scaring little children?! Have you seen Chanyeol?!”  

“Ah, you’re right, mianhae,” Luhan apologized, “….He probably learned how to from you.”

“Yah!” Sehun laughed in disbelief and pinched Luhan on his side. This made Luhan shriek and accidentally jump onto Sehun’s lap. Sehun let out a gasp and hastily grabbed onto Luhan as the blonde almost toppled to the ground. Luhan let out a sigh of relief, and turned his head upward.

Luhan froze, and his breathing baited. His own face was just millimeters from Sehun’s. He was entranced by those dark eyes and rosy pink lips that stared down at him. Luhan didn’t have to make a move, Sehun could read what he wanted.

As they kissed, Sehun could hear the one from the countdown, and see the flash behind his closed eyes. He chuckled and rested his forehead on Luhan’s.

“The camera caught us kissing,” Sehun commented.

“Cool, I can see what it’s like on film,” Luhan smiled at him and stole another kiss. The woman’s voice blared through the speakers, stating that their last photo had just finished. Luhan scoffed, “What a rip off!”

They exited the photo booth and checked the slot on the outside for their photos. It was a strip of four pictures, two of each. Luhan happily pulled them out and admired them. Sehun looked over his shoulder and groaned at the last two.

“What?” Luhan commented, “I think they look fine!”

“The first two do!” Sehun didn’t like the third, which was of the tops of their heads, when Luhan had nearly fallen over. The last, was of course, of their kiss.

“Stop being so embarrassed! They’re cute.”

“Whatever you say Hyung,” Sehun stole his strip and pocketed it.

Luhan rolled his eyes and searched around for something else to do. What he had in mind, wasn’t in the arcade though.

“Bubble tea!” Luhan exclaimed and pointed across the strip.

“Bubble tea?!” Sehun perked up, “Yeay! Let’s go!”

And today was the day that threw their daily bubble tea runs into effect.

______________________________________________________________________________________

“Sehun we’re gonna be late!” Tao whined.

“I know, I know, I’m sorry!” Sehun hurriedly threw his clothes into his backpack.

They had gotten late out of gym today, and if the two of them didn’t get to class the moment the bell rang, their teacher would inflict as much pain upon them as the school rules would allow. Sehun didn’t both zipping up his backpack, that seemed like too much of a tedious chore at the moment. He whipped around the locker room corner and shoved the metal door out of his way into the hallway. Tao sprinted off without him.

“Aish you good for nothing-!” Sehun bumped into a person, sending him sprawling. He apologized and gathered up his fallen items in his arms, all the time cussing low under his breath.

What Sehun didn’t know, was that something important had fallen from his backpack. Something so important that it could end his life as he knew it. A thin, strip of paper fluttered down to the carpeted hallway floor. A polished dress shoe stopped in front of it, and picked it up. The person turned it over in their hands, and was met with the pictures from the photo booth, including the one of Sehun and Luhan kissing. 

A/N: DUN DUN DUN here's that suspense! Oh, and for those who I didn't thank for subscribing yet, I will! I promise! I'm pleasantly surprised to see you all liked the taoris action in the last chapter, I really was struggling. Same woth this chapter, I honestly don't even know how to write anymore........Eh, maybe it will come back to me. Thanks for still sticking in, despite the infrequent updates. BYE~! Oh, and I LOVE U!