A Regular Night at the Byun, Park, and Oh Residence

Playing for His Heart

 

A./N: Hi everyone it's been FOREVER since I've last updated!!!!!! I just finished four mid terms so I chose to update before my last two. This is just a filler......I think. There was supposed to be a plot, but I ended up with nothin -______-  Anyways, here's chapter 13: 

 

“I’m back!” Sehun announced as he entered his apartment with Luhan behind him.

“It’s about time!” Baekhyun replied from the couch, but remained glued to the TV, “We were starting to think you were dead!”

“I can see you sound so concerned,” Sehun dead panned. Luhan flitted off to sit down next to Baek, and Sehun went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

Chanyeol was working on a paper at the dining room table, furiously typing on his key board with his face inches from the screen in concentration. When Sehun turned the corner, he wasn’t expecting to see anyone else.

“Oh, you guys are back?” Sehun ran into Kyungsoo and Jong In. Kyungsoo was sitting on the island with Jong In between his legs. Jong In’s hair was being played with by Kyungsoo absentmindedly, and Jong In didn’t mind.

“Yeah. What, not happy to see us?” Jong In joked.

“No, it’s just that-”

“Were you hoping it was someone better, like Yixing and Joonmyun?”

“No-”

“Or Tao and Wu Fan?”

“NO-”

“Ohh, I see how it is. You just don’t like people,” Jong In snapped his fingers in realization.

Sehun shook his head, “I hate you.”

The microwave beeped and Kyungsoo hopped off the counter to grab whatever was in it. He set the plate with the paper towel over it down on the island. This way, it would cool for a bit.

“Where were you last night?” Kyungsoo asked Sehun, “Baekhyun called me about it.”

“Well, uh,” Sehun rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, “I was over at Luhan’s-”

“OMG you guys did it!” Kyungsoo’s eyes popped out of his head. He covered his dropped jaw with his hands and did this weird girly dance. He took the food and ran to the living room with a smile plastered on and the chorus of “Baekkie~!”

“Finally!” Jong In applauded, “Well done,” He pointed to Sehun’s crotch.

“Ew, don’t talk to it!” Sehun shivered and went to get the water he wanted.

“Ya know,” Jong In drawled, “There was quite the hefty bet going amongst the group.”

Sehun closed the refrigerator door with water in hand, “And what would it be for..?”

“It was a bet on when you and Luhan would again!” Jong In told him with a eating grin.

“Seriously, what is wrong with you all?!” Sehun hit him with the ice-cold beverage. Jong In continued to smile and defend himself against Sehun easily.

“I can’t wait till Jongdae and Minseok get here, they are going to freak!”

“I’m friends with erts.”

“So, how was it?” Jong In wiggled his eyebrows, “Did you make him scream?”

“OK!” Sehun raised his hands and walked out of the kitchen. He sat down in the arm chair, and regretted being there too.

“W-wha?” Luhan was very scared as Kyungsoo held his hands and bounced with Baekhyun excitedly.

“It’s ok, this is what we bottomers do!” Kyungsoo assured.

“But it’s-” Luhan bit his lip uncomfortably.

“It’s ok, we’ll talk about it when they aren’t around.” Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shared a knowing look.

“Talk about what?”

“You know what we mean,” Baekhyun answered Sehun’s inquiry.

“No, I really don’t. What is it?”

“You know…..that.” Kyungsoo, being on the modest side, couldn’t say it. Baekhyun made a hip ing motion, and Sehun merely blinked in return.

“What do you see in him?” Baekhyun asked Luhan after he came to the conclusion that Sehun honestly had no idea.

“Hey!”

The apartment door opened and in came Jongdae and Minseok.

"JONGDAE!" Jong In pounced on the troll the moment he stepped through the door.

 Jongdae was bewildered, but his expression was replaced with a sly one once Jong In whispered in his ear.

"Congrats on getting laid," Jongdae gave Sehun two thumbs up, but he looked a bit disappointed. Minseok, however, was the complete opposite.

"YES!!!" Minseok's arms were thrown up in the air, and he was smiling from ear to ear. He whipped his body to where Chanyeol was and pointed, "Take that! I WON!! Bwahahahaha!"

Luhan gave Baekhyun a confused glance, and the strip of meat rolled his eyes, “They made a bet on when you two would do it," Baekhyun sighed at their immaturity.

"And I won!" Minseok gloated, "I can't wait to collect Wu Fan's money!" his hands rubbed together maliciously.

"Who bet on this thing?"

"Jongdae, me, Wu Fan, Chanyeol, Jong In, and Yixing." Minseok counted off on his fingers.

“And what was the final pool?" Sehun interjected.

 "₩560,000."

" You guys wasted ALL that money for a stupid bet?"

" It's not stupid if a man's pride is on the line," Minseok stuck his tongue out at Sehun, "Now," he turned his attention to Jongdae, "I'll wait to collect everyone's money when Wu Fan gets here."

"What about Yixing?" Chanyeol left his homework at the table and joined everyone in the living room, "He and Joonmyun can't make it tonight."

"Yixing only bet ₩60,000. I'll collect that from him later."

"When did you estimate we would..." Luhan didn't have to finish his sentence for everyone to pick up on the meaning.

"I bet on last week," Jongdae sighed.

"2 weeks ago," Chanyeol said, "I was sure it would happen after the soccer game against the Chunnam Dragons when Sehun was 'tending to Luhan's injury'."  Sehun looked at Luhan, who shot him a erted grin. Sehun blushed and averted his eyes. He remembered the game very well.

Luhan had been kicked extremely hard on his hip, and had to be taken out of the game. Sehun was so distressed that he rushed down to the locker rooms and snuck his way in to find Luhan. He had found him in the locker room, lying on a massage table with his shirt off and applying ice to his injury. Luhan had been surprised Sehun got in there, but Sehun was upset to see that no one, not even the trainer was there to help him. Let's just say one thing led to another, and Luhan had him trapped on the massage table with intentions of locker room . Sehun barely escaped that situation, but now he certainly wasn't against it....

"I bet for next week," Jong In snorted, "Took you guys long enough anyways....Yixing also bet for next week."

"But my ingenious brain thought you two would get it on at Luhan's place this week." Minseok squeezed in on the couch next to Baekhyun.  

"And what did Wu Fan bet?" Kyungsoo asked no one in particular.

"He bet that it would happen this week, BUT here at this apartment." Minseok smirked. Oh man, Wu Fan was so close to winning….he was going to be so pissed!

What do you need this money for anyways?"

"A new cappuccino maker. Those things don't come cheap.”

"Oh my gosh it's starting!!" Baekhyun sshed everyone once the TV screen changed to the show he was waiting for. Up popped a runway; must be some important fashion show. Kyungsoo also leaned forward in excitement while forking food in his mouth without looking.

Models came out one by one, did their poses, and went back down the runway. Besides those two, everyone else shared uninterested looks between each other. After two minutes, Jongdae spoke up, bored already.

“What’s so special about this?” He flopped down on the carpet with his back against the couch.

“What’s so special about this?” Baekhyun scoffed, “I’m not going to tell you.”

“Peasant,” Kyungsoo agreed.

“But it’s just clothes!”

Just clothes?!” Uh oh, Jongdae had stepped on a landmine.

“KYA Baekhyun look!” Kyungsoo’s sudden outcry saved Jongdae’s . Baekhyun looked over and a large smile broke out on his face. The two jumped up and down like fan girls on the couch, making Luhan latch on to it in fear of falling off.

“Now what’s so special about a shirt and a pair of pants!” Jongdae exclaimed sarcastically.

“I don’t think it’s the clothes,” Minseok whistled approvingly, his eyes raking the TV screen up and down. 

“Choi Siwon,” Baekhyun purred and Kyungsoo mimicked with a clawing motion.

“This is why you’re watching this?! For a man?” Chanyeol’s jaw dropped.

“No! I watch runway shows for the clothes……..”

“Sure,” Kyungsoo chortled, “It’s like saying I go to Jong In’s photo shoots to only see him.”

Jong In spluttered, “W-wait, hold on! You don’t go just for me?!”

Kyungsoo turned around in his seat to face Jong In, “Honey, of course I do. It’s not my fault you get to work with y man candy.”

“Can I come with you next time?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol coughed and Baekhyun added, “For research…..”

“On what?” Luhan chuckled.

“You can come,” Kyungsoo nodded, “As long as you let me call dibs on certain pieces of fabric.”

“Ah, no fair!” Baekhyun pouted.

“Don’t worry, there are usually tons of luxurious choices to choose from,” Kyungsoo wiggled his eyebrows.

“I am standing right here you know!!” Jong In remarked. 

“Yes, I know.”

“There are thousands of girls that wouldn’t take a second look at another guy if they had me!”

“I’m sure there are,” Kyungsoo replied monotonously.

“I am irresistible!”

“Yes, you are.”

“I AM Y!” 

Wu Fan appeared the moment of Jong In’s outburst. He paused at the door, but entered nonetheless, knowing that this was part of the normalcy of being friends with these people. He approached Chanyeol and clasped him on the shoulder.

“Hey,” He greeted.

“Hey,” Chanyeol sighed.

“What’s with the long face?”

“Baekhyun’s fawning over gorgeous men again,” Chanyeol shook his head, knowing it was normal, but still down trot.

“He usually does that?” Wu Fan responded.

“Yeah. It sometimes makes me feel unappreciated,” His shoulders slumped like a defeated husband unable to satisfy his wife.

“I’m sure he does it to make you jealous,” Wu Fan comforted. Minseok, upon hearing Wu Fan’s voice, pounced over to him.

“I WON!” Minseok yelled tugging on Wu Fan’s long scarf like a deranged monkey.

“Won what?” Wu Fan grasped at his scarf, that was tightening around his neck like a boa constrictor because of the baozi.

“The bet! You lost, I won! HAHAHAHAHA!” Minseok was now spinning in circles, untwisting Wu Fan’s scarf in the process. Wu Fan should have been mad, but was worrying about the piece of fabric that was being removed from his neck.

“Wa-wait, Minseok!” It was too late. What Wu Fan had been trying to hide, was revealed. Minseok’s jaw dropped, his eyes raking over the patch of skin between Wu Fan’s head and exposed collarbones. 

“Someone got carried away!” Minseok’s commented had everyone’s heads turning.

“Oh my god,” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

“It looks like a disease!” Luhan speculated.

“Yeah, created by the Tao virus!” Jong In snorted.

The reason why Wu Fan had been trying to cover his neck, was because of the numerous red and purple hickies that were erratically placed all over his white skin. He snatched back his scarf and hurriedly put it on.

“Tao was…..” Wu Fan awkwardly trailed off, “He…..”

“It’s ok,” Jongdae held up a hand in understanding, “We all knew Tao would have an insatiable drive.”

“Is that even normal?” Wu Fan scratched his head, “Not that it’s a bad thing,” He hurriedly added.

“We’re all convinced Tao isn’t ordinary in personality or athletic ability, so that combined with his lust for you probably adds up,” Chanyeol reasoned.

“I had to tell him to stop last night,” Wu Fan blew out air from his cheeks and shook his head.

“Ooh someone was especially eager,” Jong In chortled, “I wonder how much frustration had been bottled up…”

“I mean, he knows about stuff that even I didn’t know about in high-”

“Wu Fan!” Sehun jumped up when his ears heard that word… With eyes on him, he hurriedly had to think of what to say, “I uh, I saw an English word I came across, and don’t know what it means, help me!” He sprung up from his seat and dragged Wu Fan into his room.

“What was that about?” Wu Fan was allowed to speak once the door was closed.

“Well, uhm, you see,” Sehun’s voice was cracking, and his eyes were shifting constantly, trying to look anywhere but at Wu Fan. After a number of tries, Sehun was able to tell his story about how he met Luhan. It made him nervous to see the faces Wu Fan made upon hearing different events, but Wu Fan didn’t interrupt at all.

“-and that’s why anything that has to do with high school cannot be mentioned, “ Sehun finished. Wu Fan’s response was almost immediate.

“You ed it up so bad,” Wu Fan sighed and his arms that were folded on his chest, moved to pose on his hips.

“I know I did,” Sehun whined, “but I don’t know how to fix it!”

“It’s easy: tell him the truth.” 

“But, what if he freaks out and leaves me? He’s going to hate me!”

“Now now, you don’t know if he’ll hate you,” Kris soothed, “but I would if I were him…..” Sehun whimpered, unable to find the positive side of anything at the moment.

“Sehun, you have to tell him the truth,” Wu Fan repeated, “It’s the only way you’ll stop feeling guilty, and it’s not right to bring your friends into a lie,” Sehun’s stomach dropped, “Anyways, what are you going to do once your “college self” has graduated, and you’re actually just beginning it?”

“I hadn’t thought about that…..” Sehun trailed off.

“Yeah,” Wu Fan nodded. There was a beat of dead silence. Wu Fan clasped his hand on Sehun’s shoulder, making the boy who was staring at the floor, look up.

“You don’t have to tell him now, you can do it later, without us around. Just make sure you do it before your relationship goes any further.”

Sehun nodded, “Ok.”

“Good,” Wu Fan confirmed and led the two of them back out to the living room. When entering the living room once again, Wu Fan and Sehun were met with an unordinary sight. In front of the coffee table, on the floor between that and the TV, was Minseok, rolling on bills of won on the floor.

“Cappuccinos Cappuccinos~” Minseok sang incessantly while laughing. Jongdae held his face in his hands, and everyone else was laughing, besides Kyungsoo who looked afraid. 

“How much caffeine is in his system?” Sehun pondered, his head cocking to the side.

“Probably enough to have effects on elephants.” Wu Fan replied.

“You think?”

 

A/N: So, whaddya think? I'm prertty sure I have an idea of what the next couple chapters will be, so hopefully there will actually be some importance to the story line.......... Oh, and hi to all my new subscribers! I usually leave thank yous on everyones walls, but I totally forgot and haven't checked asianfanfics till now, so MIANHAE! Thanks for reading and supporting, author-nim is off to study some more. Bye~!