The Discovery

Playing for His Heart

 

           A/N: Ok, Author-nim had a real groove for writing today, and managed to scrape together another chapter! Some of you will probably kill me by the end of this, but oh well. I know nobody loves a cliff hanger but..... :P Here's chapter 10:

 

          “WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THAT PASS?” Luhan screamed at the TV with a vein popping on his forehead and his hands clenched into fists.

            “What an idiot!” Jongdae chimed in, “Did he not see the Chelsea player there?!”

           “Of course he didn’t see the guy! His ego’s so inflated that it got in the way of his line of ing sight!” Luhan seethed.

           “Congratulations on giving them an open goal!” Jongdae grumpily took a swig of his beer. 

            Sehun and Minseok shared a glance, and sighed. Luhan and Jongdae found a common ground between one another: watching soccer and bashing the teams horribly when they mess up. Not wanting to mess up their bromance or walk in their line of fire, Sehun and Minseok stayed off to the side.

             “So what’s your job now?” Chanyeol asked their newest addition to their odd circle of friends.

             “Well,” Wu Fan replied, “I just accepted another teaching position at school not too far from Sehun and Tao’s.”

             This was their first official dinner/ meet and greet with Wu Fan. Chanyeol, being the friendly creeper he is, attacked him with a hug the moment he stepped in their apartment. Baekhyun had panicked, worried that Wu Fan would be offended, but Wu Fan insisted it was alright because he was Canadian…….huh?

               “And that’s all you do?” Yixing pondered with traces of a prying tone.

                 “Yeah…..” Wu Fan eyed him suspiciously, “I mean, I used to do something on the side, but…”

               “Ha! I knew it!” Yixing snapped his fingers and pointed at Wu Fan.

                “Knew what?” Wu Fan leaned back slightly at the stove top flame that got dangerously close to him. Kyungsoo sheepishly smiled at the blonde next to him and set down the alcohol he was cooking with.

                “That you used to be a stripper!” The whole party in the kitchen froze in shock.

                Joonmyun coughed, “Yixing!”

                The bottle that Kyungsoo had been cooking with had been set too close to the edge of the island. With a spazz of Kyungsoo’s elbow, the bottle went crashing towards the floor. Kyungsoo gasped and went to grab for it, but someone was quicker. Wu Fan caught it in the nick of time.

                He rose with the vodka bottle twirling between two slim fingers, “Uh, I never was a stripper.” There was a light blush on Wu Fan’s cheeks.

                “What is wrong with you,” Sehun nudged Yixing, who was clearly not feeling any sort of humility.

                “Ahh yes, my mistake. You weren’t a stripper, that was another foreign Chinese guy I met,” Yixing waved it off.

                “Is there something you’re not telling me?” Poor Joonmyun pouted with a worried look at his boyfriend.

                “But,” Yixing ignored Joonmyun, “I did remember meeting a bartender named Kris that resembled you to a t.” Wu Fan set the bottle down and slid it closer inward to the island.

                Wu Fan sighed and raised his hand, “Guilty.”

                “No way!” Minseok chimed in. Sehun was in shock as well. Not in a lifetime could he imagine Wu Fan as a bartender on the side. His cool attitude and teaching license just didn’t match that profession. Well, if you take his looks into account……

                “Yeah, for a year in and out of college to pay off some minor debts. Hated it though. I met some pretty weird drunks,” Wu Fan faced Yixing again, “And when did I ever meet you? I can’t remember.”

                “Oh,” Yixing trailed off awkwardly, “It’s probably for the best then……”

                “Wait, what? What’s going on, why aren’t you telling me anything?” Joonmyun whined and incessantly poked Yixing. Yixing stood there stoically and did his best to pretend that he wasn’t being poked by a midget.

                “So what kinds of drinks can you make?” Minseok inquired, the whole group excluding Yixing and Joonmyun.

                “All kinds. Just name it and I can make it.”

                “Wow, really?” Chanyeol fixed his fake glasses on his nose.

                “Yeah…it’s not something to be proud of really.” Wu Fan rubbed the back of his neck with a raised eyebrow and a shrug of the shoulders.

                “No, it’s like a godsend,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Jong In thinks he can mix drinks expertly but he can’t.” Sehun thought back to what he and Luhan walked in on yesterday. It must have been one of Jong In’s alcohol experiments.

                “Where is Jong In, by the way?” Sehun looked around.

                “At a photo shoot. He should be here soon.” Well, the model was probably late because of his tendency to get distracted easily.

                “STOP PESTERING ME GRANDPA!!” Yixing roared and Joonmyun slunk away like a puppy that had been hit by its master.

                Just then Tao came bounding out of Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s room.

                “Look guys, this is Baekhyun’s shirt he finished for me!” Tao pranced around and struck a pose in the black, slightly sheer button up with spikes on the collar and tops of the shoulders. It was made so well that it could be instantly sold in stores.  He jumped in front of Wu Fan and asked with an obscene amount of aegyo:

                “What do you think?”

                “It looks great,” Wu Fan released a blindingly white smile at Tao. Tao giggled and went into the living room to show Luhan and Jongdae.

                “Whipped,” Chanyeol coughed. Wu Fan chuckled at his immaturity and retorted:

                “I saw Baekhyun make you go back and change your clothes.”

                “Burn,” Sehun sizzled with his teeth and Chanyeol flicked him on the forehead.

                “Ow! That’s abuse!” Sehun went to attack Chanyeol back, but he was held back by an extremely long arm. Chanyeol just sighed and stared down at the struggling boy with pity.

                Kyungsoo turned off the flame on his chicken dish and let it sit there so he could attend to the rice in the cooker. The apartment door opened and in strutted Mr. Bigshot.

                “Chanyeol, what are you doing to the kid?” Jong In asked as he removed his coat and hung it on the rack that was close to the frame between the kitchen and living room.

                “Nothing, he asked for it,” Chnayeol removed his hand, and Sehun stumbled forward onto Jong In.

                “If you want a piece of me that bad…..” Jong In joked Sehun whose face was squashed on his stomach in an awkward position. Sehun groaned and pushed back up.

                “In your dreams,” Sehun scoffed and waddled into the living room where Tao was with Baekhyun, showing Jongdae and Luhan their fashion show during the commercial break.

                “Ooh, one of your fancy prizes, eh?” Yixing caressed the sleeve of Jong In’s plaid, tweed blazer. It was over a black turtle neck and red, high waisted pants.

                “Yes,” Jong In opened it up to show a little, “it was a preppy themed photo shoot today,” He dropped the blazer and smoothed his gelled hair out. Jong In strode up to Kyungsoo and leaned on the island.

                “What do you think of it, Kyunggie,” Jong In drawled.

                Kyungsoo quickly looked once and looked away. He added some type of herb to the chicken and stirred it once more, “Nice…”

                “Nice? But you barely even looked,” Jong In smiled naughtily, knowing that Kyungsoo liked it too much. Jong In slid up close to Kyungsoo, who inched farther from him in response.  Not allowing him to get far, Jong In captured Kyungsoo’s chin between his thumb and index finger to make him face him and steal a kiss.

                Kyungsoo’s eyes widened (if that’s even possible) and hit Jong In on the head. The dark skinned pda lover only clutched his head and smirked, “Baby wants to go rough?”

                “Oh my god ew, just go away,” Minseok covered his ears.

                “Ah this is Tao’s sugar daddy!” Jong In smiled at Wu Fan.

                “Excuse me?”

                “Ohh……” Jong In shared a knowing look with Chanyeol, “You haven’t gone to the mall with Tao yet, have you?”

                “We have…..” Wu Fan wasn’t sure where this conversation was going.

                “And how much did he make you spend?” Jong In asked.

                “He didn’t make me spend anything…?” Wu Fan looked towards Sehun for help, but remembered he wasn’t there.

                “That’s a first,” Chanyeol interjected.

                “He must not want to scare him off, ya know, ease into it,” Yixing also put his two cents in.

                “Ok, now I’m really confused,” Wu Fan gave up trying to keep up with the conversation.

                “By any means necessary, Tao will almost always trick us into using our money to buy him stuff. It’s only when he doesn’t have money, but now that he has you….” Jong In trailed off, “I would advise you not to carry around too much money when you’re with him.”

                “What? I can’t believe Tao would do that.” Wu Fan shook his head.

                “Believe it. It will happen,” Chanyeol insisted.

                “If he raises his fist for a ‘buing buing,” Joonmyun instructed, “Run like hell, and don’t look back.”

                “When I didn’t, I lost ₩200,000 one day,” Kyungsoo frowned.

                “Only ₩200,000?” Yixing scoffed, “He cheated me of ₩150,000 then took another 150 from Joonmyun within the same hour.”

                “Aegyo is an art,” Jong In explained to Wu Fan, “and Tao has mastered it. With it, he will more than likely get anything he wants.”

                “It wouldn’t be too bad if he didn’t have such expensive tastes,” Kyungsoo commented.

                “Gucci, Prada, Coach, Armani, Louis Vuitton,” Chanyeol counted off a few on his fingers, “Stay away from the malls that have these stores.”

                “I think Baekhyun has a map of the shopping district if you need it. Wherever there are squares with a red line slashed through it, DO NOT go near them!” Yixing was getting ready to retrieve said map, but Wu Fan stopped him.

                “I got you guys. Thanks.”

                Meanwhile, in the living room, the fashion show was coming to an end.

                “And twirly twirly twirly,” Baekhyun held Tao’s hand as the panda spun around in circles.

                “Beautiful, Bella, bravo,” Jongdae commented while applauding.

                “Thank you monsieur,” Baek bowed with a flourish, “and applause for my model as well.”

                “Oh~,” Tao winked and smiled while wiggling on spot. Sehun and Luhan joined Jongdae this time. When Tao and Baekhyun were safely out of earshot, Jongdae whispered:

                “I honestly didn’t see anything special.”

                “Yeah, just a shirt.” Sehun agreed and fisted pounded with Jongdae at the same time sharing a sneaky smile.

                “It was cute,” Luhan defended, “Baekhyun did a very nice job with it.”

                “I guess we’re not in touch with our ‘feminine’ side then,” Jongdae air quoted.

                “I’m not that feminine!” Those words made Sehun laugh heartily. Luhan frowned playfully at him and pushed him off the sofa.

                “Ow!” Sehun laughed, feeling a sore spot on his back. Luhan plopped down on top of Sehun’s stomach, making him flail like a bug underneath a rock.

                “Oh my god what do you eat?!”

                “Haha, look who’s laughing now!” Luhan bounced on Sehun once, making him flop like a rag doll.  

                “Fattie, get off of me!”

                “Did you call me fat?!” Luhan gasped.

                “Uh, I’m sorry….?” Sehun’s eye twitched.

                Luhan didn’t respond, but pounded on top of Sehun in retaliation. At this point, Sehun felt that all of the life had been squeezed out of him.

                “Please,” Sehun rasped, “Get off of me! You win! Uncle!”

                “Is there anything else you’d like to say?” Luhan sniffed indignantly.

                “You’re not fat, you’re th-“ Sehun paused to reword, “you’re fit!”

                “Fit…..” Luhan tossed the word back and forth in his hands, “Fit works, you pass,” And with that he got off of Sehun.

                “Oh for the love of bubble tea yes!” Sehun rolled over onto his stomach to lie there because the pain hurt too much to move.

                Luhan went into the kitchen to get another beer when he walked in on a conversation that made him feel completely embarrassed.

                “And we walk in, and there’s innocent Sehunnie topping Luhan-” Chanyeol was retelling the night Luhan and Sehun had tried to get it on in the living room, to Wu Fan.

                “Chanyeol!” Luhan blushed a dark pink on his cheeks and smacked the giant on the head. Kyungsoo smirked and high-fived Luhan as the deer passed by him to get to the fridge.

                “Sehun? Topping?” Wu Fan cracked a smile at the thought, “I couldn’t imagine that kid being in command.”

                “Oh, by the way Luhan,” Chanyeol said as Luhan closed the fridge door with a can in hand, “did you and Sehun actually get around to doing it after that night?”

                Luhan’s blush spread to his ears and neck. He refused to answer and kept his gaze away from Chanyeol. As he scurried into the living room, Wu Fan called to him:

                “It’s ok, there’s always tonight~.” His sing song voice made Luhan blush scarlet, and his pace quicken into the living room. The whole group in the kitchen – excluding the prudes Kyungsoo and Baekhyun – laughed, and Chanyeol fist bumped Wu Fan. It seems like the towers would become fast friends.

                “What’s going on in there?” Jongdae asked upon hearing the laughter.

                “Nothing, nothing at all,” Luhan quickly dismissed the subject and turned their attention back to the game. Sehun, who was recharging on the floor, received a text message.

                He pulled out his buzzing phone from his pants pocket to see it was from an unknown number. The sender must have used *67. Sehun clicked on the ‘open’ icon and his blood ran cold at the thing he gazed at. He didn’t know what to do, other than just look at  the picture of him and Luhan kissing from the photo booth strip. Below it, the body of the message read:

                Meet me at the campus center, 2 o’ clock.

                The sound of laughter startled Sehun. He had been caught up in his own world, and forgot his surroundings. He quickly rose from the floor and hustled to his bedroom.

                “Whatcha doin?” Luhan noticed Sehun’s hurry to leave.

                Sehun jumped at the sound of his voice, and rested a hand on his bedroom frame to face Luhan.

                “Nothing, just need to, uh, plug in my phone,” He waved the dark screen lightly and disappeared into his room. When he shut the door behind him, he sprinted for his backpack.

                On his hands and knees, Sehun turned his backpack upside down and let the contents spill out onto the floor. He checked inside his bag first, and then through the items on the floor. His heart was racing in panic. The photo strip wasn’t there. Since he knows that he had it in his bag today at school, then the only logical place to lose it was there.

                Sehun opened up the text message again. If he’s positive he lost it at school, then this ‘campus center’ must be in reference to the high school’s. Sehun sighed heavily and rested his face in his hands. Would this picture be online? Was it online? Would the picture be already circulating in his school? What if Luhan found out about this? What could it do to his reputation? Sehun swallowed thickly.

                Who was the culprit behind it all?