Confessions and a Bite on the

Playing for His Heart

 

A/N: Ok, this may very well be the last update for awhile, I just had a good mojo today and managed to bang it out within 6 hours.  Thanks for all the feedback, you guys' comments made me smile! Love you all, my y muffins (Is it ok to call you that.....?)~! >:}D

 

Sehun awoke the next morning to the sound of honking cars and the sight of white light beneath his closed lids. It took him a couple blinks or two to finally get them wide open due to the sand and sleep. He laid there, relaxed and warm. Luhan was still cuddled to his side in the same position they went to sleep in, which made Sehun not want to get up and disturb him.

Sehun looked at Luhan on his left. Well, more like admired. He observed the other’s sleeping form and cute habits while being in the most vulnerable state. Like his, Luhan’s hair was matted down with sweat from last night’s festivities. Luhan’s round eyelids were closed to showcase his long eye lashes, and his lips were pursed in a rosy pout. His cheeks puffed slightly when breathing in and out, and faint snoring could be heard.

There was one thing off about Luhan’s position. One of his legs had broken free from the confinements of the bed cover, and swung its way over Sehun’s waist. Sehun smiled and placed his hand on Luhan’s thigh to rub it softly. Just like a girl’s, it was soft, but certainly not hairless. As Sehun’s hand slipped below Luhan’s knee, he felt a bump around the joint. He examined it curiously.

There was a barely visible bump on the side of Luhan’s knee cap where a scar was in the same place. He couldn’t tell if there was one on the other leg since it was beneath the white comforter, but Sehun knew that this wasn’t normal.

Then out of nowhere, and orange puff flew onto the bed. It skipped up to Sehun and attacked his face when he least expected it. Sehun giggled quietly and fended off the advancements from Baby. She sat on his chest, close to Luhan’s head, and looked up at him, blinking with her brown eyes. Sehun petted her head and mouthed a ‘Good morning.’

A thought came across Sehun’s brain. They just had ……..and Baby was there?? Well. Obviously not in the same room, but she was still in the same apartment! How did the dog even know to stay away? Sehun felt a teensy bit ashamed Baby heard that, but only a little.

All the movement from Baby running around must have woken Luhan. His eyes opened slowly with a large intake of air through his nose. He turned his head up to see Sehun, and croaked:

“Hi.”

“Hi,” Sehun replied back. Luhan felt Baby near his head, and before he could face her, she was at his face and trying to jump on top of him.

“Noo,” Luhan rolled over onto the bed on his stomach to hide his face. He weakly waved back, and Baby soon relented when she saw he wasn’t in the mood.

Being free of the covers, Sehun had the privilege of having a clear view to Luhan’s pert . Feeling a tad over confident, Sehun reached out and grabbed it once. Luhan jumped and blinked with wide eyes over at him in surprise.  Sehun simply smiled back, which made Luhan do the same in return.

“Round two already?” Luhan growled and slid tight up against Sehun. Sehun’s hands traveled back down to Luhan’s and his mouth attached its self to his neck. Baby, who had yet to leave, barked indignantly at the two guys.

“What?” Luhan sighed heavily and looked over at her. Baby whined pitifully and her entire form shook in impatience. He knew those signs.

“Ok, you’re hungry, I get it,” Luhan sighed and went to get up. Sehun, already in the mood, got possessive. He rocked Luhan back down on the bed and loomed over him.

“I’m hungry too,” Sehun stated selfishly. He had barely gotten to place two kisses on Luhan’s chest when there was a pain in his backside. Sehun froze and his head whipped around to glare at Baby.

“Did you just bite me on the ?!”

Baby whined in return, showing her dire need to be fed. Luhan laughed at Sehun and made his escape while he could. He grabbed his trackies from the floor and slid those on, too lazy to put a shirt on too.

“You’ll get your breakfast too,” Luhan winked seductively at Sehun. Baby bounded down from the bed to trot to Luhan’s side.

“Could I make a request though?” Sehun laid back on the pillows with his arms folded underneath his head.

“Yeah.”

“Since we’re both covered in sweat, why don’t we multi task and have breakfast in the shower?” One eyebrow cocked suggestively.

Luhan his lips and eyes roamed down Sehun’s figure, “Sounds good.” And Luhan went to go feed Baby as quickly as he could.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Mmm,” Sehun slipped his tongue into Luhan’s mouth and pulled Luhan on top of him when-

“WOOF!”

The two looked down from the couch to see Baby sitting there. This time it was Luhan’s time to complain:

“er.”

Sehun sighed as well, but stopped his advances. Twice today was enough. Luhan removed the towel from his neck to run it through his damp hair. Seeing there was little space for Luhan on the small couch, Sehun pulled the other’s legs up to rest in his lap. 

“You know, I don’t mean to pry,” Sehun’s fingers traced his new discovery from earlier, “but what happened?”

Luhan’s movements ceased. He placed the towel on the back of the sofa, and clasped his hands together. Just the look he was giving Sehun, he could tell it was pretty serious. Sehun waited till Luhan was ready to tell him, and massaged that one spot soothingly.

“It’s weird,” Luhan chuckled lightly, “I haven’t really told anyone about this either.”

“Well I won’t tell, if that’s what’s important to you,” Sehun told him when Luhan didn’t continue. Luhan’s gaze, which had been directed downward, lifted up again. Sehun shyly offered his hand to Luhan, and he accepted.

“I received that injury four years ago,” Luhan began, “At that time I had just graduated from high school. It wasn’t an understatement that I was one of the top recruited players in China. I got offers from dozens of colleges, and most of them were top schools academically and athletically. I couldn’t be happier, and neither could my parents. They hadn’t thought soccer would have taken me that far, but they loved the press and attention.

After some discussion and pressure from my parents, I chose to go to Tsinghua University. My first year there was great. The teammates were nice to me, the coach was intense, and the campus was beautiful. I was on cloud nine when I realized I would be a starter at the first game. A freshman, a starter?! Most freshmen don’t even see the field for more than a game the entire year!” Luhan smiled bitterly.

“And then my luck increased tenfold.  My coach apparently had connections with the head coach for the Chinese National Team. He came to one game, then to a couple practices. Everyone was curious to why he was there, but coach pulled me aside one day and told me that he was there for me. Without even asking for my parent’s permission, I immediately agreed to begin training with the men’s national team.

I spent more time with The Dragon, as our team was nicknamed, than anything else. It was hard to keep up my grades due to the hectic training schedules, but I managed to remain and okay student. Because I missed practice at Tsinghua so regularly, it was only fair that I didn’t start. I maybe got to see 35 to 40 minutes a game, but that was fine. I was exhausted and sore from training with the men on the national team anyways.

It would be absurd to say there wasn’t any tension with me on the team. Here was an 18 year old in the mix of men who were from 23 to 30 years old! It was awkward trying to make acquaintances on the team because of the . Well that, and there was a problem with their egos. The coach…..I don’t want to say that he liked me more than the other players…..but he sort of did. Since I was young, he did pay more attention to me, and such. When he announced the roster for our first game against Vietnam, the team was in an uproar.

I had made the starting spot over other players who had been there for years. They worked their asses off for so long, and here comes in this springy little kid to screw them over. In the days leading up to the first game, I was ostracized, picked on…..they did everything they could to me without being caught.”

Sehun’s blood boiled. He wanted to search them up, find them, and torture those guys that hurt Luhan till they begged for their lives.

“This was also around the time I was confused with my….uality,” Luhan sighed, “I never had much of an interest in girls, but it was scary, ya know? I had my first boyfriend at the beginning of college before I had made the national team, but it ended quickly. We could never meet up, and he turned out to be not that nice of a guy. Well, for some reason all the guys and girls I ended up hooking up with and dating never were.

So after my many relationships turned out to be rotten, I just settled for one night stands,” Luhan gauged Sehun’s reaction, for anything bad, but Sehun just listened unbiased, “and like I had said yesterday, most of them only agreed because of my popularity. I really don’t know how rumors didn’t get out, guess I was lucky, like I had been that first year.

Then the worst happened on the day of the game. The game was physical, and we weren’t on our best game. I had to make many short, stopping runs because through balls weren’t getting to me, no matter how many good situations I tried to create. On one specific run, the injury happened. My left cleat caught in the turf, and I didn’t realize it. I was trying to turn so hurriedly that all of a sudden I was on the ground in pain,” Luhan swallowed, staring down at the bump, “I had torn my ACL.

It’s not as likely for men to tear ACLs, but it’s certainly not impossible. I went into rehab after that, and because the coach liked me, he still kept me in the player pool, despite the fact I would have a long recovery. After months upon months, I was finally ready to come back to soccer. I was so excited, but as soon as I was back on the field, I realized the journey back wasn’t going to be easy.

Long story short, I wasn’t match fit till my 19th birthday. I had just begun to play 20-30 minutes a game at college, and I was just getting considered to receiving playing time on the national team. My older teammates, of course, were delighted. I was finally out of their hair, and suffering.  Coach then delivered the bad news. I was being replaced by a pair of fresh legs. Unfortunately, I couldn’t be kept in the pool, and within a week I was back to playing only at college.

College passed in a blur. I was miserable because I wasn’t starting, and my injury kept coming back to haunt me. Because I was so eager to get back on the field, it never healed properly. So I was often in pain. In my last two years of college, I began to play professionally. Due to my reputation, I was brought onto a top team. People had known I wasn’t on the national team, but they didn’t know the specific details.

Things didn’t go well on club either. My injury was apparent, and tensions were rising because of it. The coaches were stressed because of my erratic performance. One day I could be playing fine, and the next I could barely go on due to the injury. The players were also annoyed with me there, and thought I was just a liability. Within the year I had changed from one club to another.

And in my final year of college, I was on my third and final club team in China. They were also fed up with me, and decided to trade me off. But because word had gotten around, no teams, not even the worst, wanted me. So just to get rid of me, the CFA offered me up to Korea. My one last drop of luck managed to pull through in the end. FC Seoul accepted me. So as soon as that happened, I went straight back to rehab, and worked on fully healing my ACL before I went to Korea…….and that’s where the story comes to the present, I guess,” Luhan shrugged, “It worked out, didn’t it? I had a major and Korean and was traded to Korea?”

Sehun couldn’t believe what he just heard. It was an amazing story. Almost half a minute passed, and Luhan squirmed insecurely.

“Why do you just stare at me?” Luhan blushed.

Sehun shook his head, “Sorry, it’s just, a lot to take in……….oh my god. Luhan, you…….” Sehun was speechless, “You’ve lived through so much already. It’s insane, and you’ve suffered for so long….. I don’t know if I could have the courage to stay with soccer, after all you went through. I’m so sorry.”

“What’re you apologizing for?”

“For all of the pain you went through. I’m sorry,” Sehun bent his head down to Luhan’s left knee, and kissed the source of all his troubles.

Luhan’s heart swelled, “It’s ok you romantic weirdo. Like, where did your derpness go?”

Sehun laughed at him, “Derpness? Someone’s borrowing ChanBaek’s vocab.”

Sehun’s cell phone buzzed on top of the coffee table in front of him. He snatched it and slid open the ‘new message’ icon. It was from So Yoon. Sehun showed it to Luhan, and the blonde read it aloud:

“’Meet me at 2, back at the park.’ Are you going to go?”

“I have to,” Sehun nodded, “I have to straighten things out with her. She still has our pictures.”

“I’m going with you,” Luhan announced.

“No, you don’t have to-” Luhan placed a finger on Sehun’s lips to silence him.

“I want to. I’m going to…..Besides, I already called in sick for practice. I have nothing to do.”

“Luhan,” Sehun reprimanded, “That’s your livelihood!”

“This is the first time I’ve missed practice,” Luhan said seriously, “It won’t kill me. Oh, and thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being here. For being……you,” Luhan gently smiled.

 

 

“So Yoon,” Sehun called to her when he was feet away.

The pretty girl was sitting down on a bench, looking at her phone. Upon hearing her name, she turned her head to face the boy, and was surprised when she saw another person at his side. She rose from her spot.

“Hello Sehun. And you must be Luhan?” She addressed Luhan, who was at Sehun’s side. He nodded curtly, and didn’t speak, for he wasn’t sure if he could keep in his nasty remarks.

“What did you call me here for?” Sehun reminded her.

“Oh, that,” So Yoon opened up her purse and pulled out a thin slip of paper. She turned it over to face Luhan and Sehun. It was the pictures from the photo booth, “Here,” She held them out.

Sehun was almost too worried and suspicious to take it. Giving up so easily? What was the catch? Had she already posted them on some form of social media? So Yoon seemed to read his mind.

“I got what I wanted, you can have them back,” She waved them out again, and this time Luhan took them for Sehun.

“Why? I never kissed you,” Sehun was still bewildered.

“I got what I wanted,” She repeated, “You see…..Ji Hoon asked me out,” A light blush was evident on her cheeks and nose.

“…….What?” Sehun scratched his head, “You told me that you liked me.”

“Well,” So Yoon sighed, “I only did that to make him jealous. Everyone had said he liked me, but he never made a move. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. He was there the entire time you and I were together. At the end of our date last night, he came to “comfort me” when you ran off. After that, things went smoothly……..”

Luhan and Sehun shared an incredulous look before Sehun responded.

“Wait……you mean to tell me that this FIASCO… was to make someone jealous?!” Sehun waved his arms in circles like a crazed pigeon.

“Yeah, sorry,” So Yoon apologized, “But just so you know, I never was going to show the picture to anyone else. I deleted the one off my phone.”

“I’m having a migraine right now!” Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose, “But just, why did you choose me?”

“You’re one of the most handsome guys in our school,” So Yoon giggled shyly, “Any guy would be jealous of you!” Sehun blushed and Luhan inwardly nodded in approval. Of course his Sehun would be one of the best looking guys.

“Oh, and by the way….aren’t those clothes the ones you wore yesterday?” So Yoon had a sharp eye. She raised an eyebrow suggestively, and Sehun just walked away with Luhan skipping along.

“Like I said,” Luhan sang, “A kitten on the street and a lion in the bed~!”

“Stop,” Sehun covered his head with hands. He knew he would get it coming home later that night anyways. 

 

A/N: Ok, just as a disclaimer, I have no idea if the university Luhan attended in this fic actually has a good soccer team. I did some research, and didn't come up with anything, other than schools that were ranked high in academics. Hope you liked this one, this is sort of Luhan's background, where he's been struggling with his inner self from previous chapters when he first met Sehun. Uhh, yeah. That's it, I guess...... Again, thanks, and I hope to see you all soon!