Was it Water?

Playing for His Heart

A/N: HI! Author-nim here! I want to say thanks for those who subscribed, and if I didn't tell some of you I'm sorry D: ! Here's chapter 1!

 

                “I can’t believe you actually bought that,” Baekhyun commented.

                “What? Can’t a fan buy the jersey of his favorite player?” Sehun retorted and smoothed down the front of the black and red striped shirt with his hands.

                “Yes, but only for fans. You fit in the category of stalkers, creepers-” Baekhyun would have continued his list but Sehun cut him off.

                “Shut up!” Sehun shoved Baekhyun, who nearly toppled into the side railing of the stairs they were ascending.

                “That’s no way to act towards your hyung!” Baekhyun joked.

                “You sure don’t act like one,” Sehun rolled his eyes. The two of them reached the top of stairs to get off at the second level.

                This floor was crowded with vendors of team merchandise and food. Everyone attending the game was milling around in the area, buying scarves, banners, horns, and foods of many cuisines. Sehun hated tightly populated areas, so he often opted to sit in the stands to regain his personal space. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was like a curious puppy, hopping from place to place with interest.

                “Ohh! Look at this!” Baekhyun exclaimed after being given two water proof, stick on tattoos by a lady advertising for FC Seoul, the home team in the stadium. The tattoos were of their logo. A dragon held a soccer ball in its mouth, with the name of the team in bold, English letters upon a red and black striped background.

                “Sehun, put one on!” Baekhyun held the tattoo up to the younger’s face.

                “We’re gonna need some water for that,” Sehun reminded him.

                “Oh yeah! Let’s go guy some!”

                “Uhh, the water here is like ₩7,000 a bottle.”

                “What?!” Baekhyun didn’t remember the expensive prices for the things bought inside the soccer stadium. It was clever indeed, getting all entries to get rid of their food and water so they could be ripped off by the snack bars run by the club.

                Baekhyun grumbled and pouted cutely. Sehun sometimes couldn’t understand how a 20 year old could look so young! If he was to come back to Sehun’s high school, he bet people would easily be fooled.

                “Let’s go see them warm up!” Sehun grabbed Baekhyun’s arm excitedly and the two ran off to tunnel that lead to the stadium.

Sehun was hoping that their seats were on the side where FC Seoul warmed up before the start of the first half. Not to sound stalkerish, but Sehun was positive that they would be warming up on the southern entrance because out of the 5 games he’s been to, they’ve trained there 3 out of the 5 times. Because of that, Sehun specifically bought tickets on that side.

                “There they are!” Sehun jumped up and down happily to see the team in a two line warm up routine at the southern goal, which was right in front of where their tickets were. Baekhyun was soon forgotten at the stairs leading down to their seats, and all Sehun could think about was the team. Baekhyun  joined his dongsaeng at his own pace after calmly descending the concrete stairs.

                “Don’t look too excited,” Baekhyun snorted at Sehun, who was on the edge of his seat with eyes glazed over. When Baekhyun didn’t respond, he tried another tactic.

                “You know, I heard that Luhan won’t be playing today,” Baekhyun “casually” mentioned.

                “What?!” Sehun’s head whipped abruptly to his right to glare at his hyung. Since Sehun did not see the soccer player warming up, it wasn’t that hard for Baekhyun to trick him.

                “I’m kidding,” Baekhyun flicked Sehun on the nose, “But seriously, I was beginning to see drool.”

                “I wasn’t drooling!”

                “You would have had a nosebleed if Luhan was out here.” Baekhyun nodded at the 24 other players warming up.

                “N-no,” Sehun blushed. But it was true. Sehun had a major crush on FC Seoul’s starting forward, Lu Han who was recently traded from China.

                The reasons are unclear as to why he was, but Sehun couldn’t care less. He was just happy that this gorgeous beauty was there to grace Seoul’s soccer nation. Sehun’s “obsession” had begun five games ago. He was indifferent about soccer, and would watch it without complaint, but once he saw an unfamiliar, handsome man running on the television screen, he became an instant fan.

                Everything about him was so addicting to Sehun. The man’s slim cheeks, little nose, dark eyes, thick blonde hair, neck, collarbones, forehead, legs….. Name anything about him and Sehun would probably give you a paragraph description on the subject. Just like any fan girl would fan over her favorite male kpop idol, Sehun would hunt for videos of Luhan on practically anything.

                What was strange, was that Luhan was the only one to capture his attention like this. Maybe it was because he didn’t know him, and to Sehun he was mysterious and new, but even his past boyfriends hadn’t hypnotized him this well. This was the first man Sehun had a bias for!

                Unfortunately, it wasn’t just Sehun who noticed Luhan. Girls, and lots of them saw him. There were more and more girls attending games and watching soccer because of the good looking foreigner. Some didn’t even know what was going on, and just watched Luhan. Those who attended would bring posters and banners made by themselves with Luhan’s name on it and wave them the entire game. Sehun often had the urge to tear them apart like a wild animal. The posters that is….ok and possibly some of the girls….

                “There he is!” Sehun pointed and tried not to sound like a high pitched, love struck girl.

                Luhan was jogging out from the tunnel on the bottom most level, which lead out to the field. Sehun later learned that’s where the locker rooms were stationed. Luhan was in his warm up trackies, and seemed to be favoring his right leg more. This concerned Sehun because out of the games that he’s been to, Luhan has usually been in his uniform, excluding the long pants and jacket. It wasn’t even that cold out.

                Despite his attire, Luhan showed nothing besides his stoic face while executing the passing techniques effortlessly. After the team finished their passing and footwork drill, they moved onto a shooting drill for the keepers. Luhan was the first to take his shot. A receiver in the middle, at the top of the eighteen, laid a wall pass for Luhan to run up on, and then-

                Luhan put his shot way over the goal. The large, black netting trapped it down, but Sehun could see on Luhan’s face that he wasn’t pleased. Luhan’s brow crumpled together and his lips were pursed in frustration. He looked up in Sehun’s direction, and the seventeen year old froze. Was, Luhan looking at him?! Luhan quickly looked away and ran to the back of the line. Sehun relaxed, I guess not.

                “Omo!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

                “What?” Sehun turned to see Baekhyun on his phone, reading a text message.

                “It’s from Channie~! He got tickets to a party later!” By Channie, Baekhyun meant his boyfriend, Chanyeol. They had been dating since the beginning of college. At first, Baekhyun wasn’t into dating younger men, but Chaneyeol did NOT look or sound younger whatsoever! Chanyeol was an intimidating, crazy, nineteen year old that was so tall he probably was once related to giants in his family tree. His voice was so deep that it should belong to a man with bulging muscles and that was 10 years older.

                “To a party? What kind?”

                “A fancy one,” Baekhyun wiggled his shoulders and rapidly texted back a reply.

                “Your cheapskate boyfriend got tickets to a fancy party?” Sehun laughed doubtfully.

                “No, he won them in a hand of poker.” Baekhyun read more  of the text message, “The party is….supposed to be something celebrating FC Seoul’s best winning streak since 2006 or something.”

                Sehun nodded. Ok, Chanyeol, with his insane happy virus poker face, could definitely win anything at a poker game.

                “So you and Chanyeol-hyung are going?”

                “You are too! There’s three tickets!”

                “Really?” Aren’t coincidences only supposed to be in dramas?

                “Yes really! Are you excited?! Who knows, Luhan might be there~!”

                Sehun turned his vision back on the field to see both teams retreating to the lower tunnel. The game would probably be starting in a couple minutes. Even without having to look too hard, Sehun found that bobbing blonde hair instantly.

                “Maybe,” Sehun bit his lip. He didn’t want to get his hopes up, only to be disappointed later on.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                “No, no, no! It has to be y!” Baekhyun threw a pillow at Sehun’s face when he came out of their shared bathroom in his outfit choice for the party.

                “y?” Sehun blinked.

                “Aish, you kids don’t get it!” Baekhyun rose from Sehun’s bed and stalked over to the dresser. After pulling them all open and throwing most of its contents onto the floor, Baekhyun picked out what in his mind, was y enough.

                “This, will make Luhan drool,” Baekhyun handed Sehun the pieces of clothing. Sehun examined them, utterly puzzled. How would wearing a pair of skin tight, leather jeans and a white button up make him y? When he began to protest, Baekhyun simply shoved Sehun back into the bathroom.

                “Don’t come out till you’ve put that on!” Baekhyun warned, “I’ll be right back, I have to go grab something from my room.”

                “Kay!”

                Sehun exchanged his carefully thought out outfit for the one Baekhyun had created on the spot. The jeans, he agreed with. They felt so good on, and were easy to move around in because they clung to his legs with every movement he made. Sehun tucked in the bottom of his shirt, and took one look in the mirror with a grimace. He looked like a nerd with very nice pants.

                “Hyunggg…!” Sehun whined and jogged to Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s room in their little apartment. Baekhyun was in there rolling off the lint of his favorite black blazer.

                “Yes?” Baekhyun replied and spun around in a circle, trying to put the jacket on at the same time.

                “Oh boy,” A giggle escaped at the sight of Sehun.

                “It’s awful.”

                “It’s not awful!” Baekhyun insisted. He walked over and worked his magic like the fairy from Cinderella.

                “All better!” Baekhyun chirped. Sehun’s shirt had been opened up at the first three buttons, allowing his chest to be exposed. His sleeves were also rolled up passed his elbows to allow more freedom of movement. For the final touch, Baekhyun handed him a long necklace to wear that nestled right at the v of his shirt. The feather on the end was so captivating; Sehun couldn’t stop playing with it for some reason.

                “I’m home!” Chanyeol’s booming voice could be heard from the main part of the apartment, which consisted of the kitchen, living room, and itsy bitsy dining room area where no one usually ate. Sehun went out to greet his hyung.

                Chanyeol was biting into a cookie in the kitchen, with his large mouth making a two-biter, a one-biter. Sehun couldn’t understand why Baekhyun was attracted to him. Chanyeol was awkwardly tall and gangly, not to mention slightly creepy with the faces he gave on occasion. He was also a kid at heart, who still loved to watch cartoons and do the most outrageous things without thinking.

                But then again, Sehun could see why. Chanyeol was a very nice person, and he was handsome. Sehun was envious of how big Chanyeol’s eyes are, and his nose as well. If he could, Sehun would steal some of Chanyeol’s features.

                “Hi!” Sehun approached the island in the middle of the kitchen. Chanyeol’s eyes bulged and he was suddenly choking on his cookie. He slammed his first on his chest a couple times to get the lump moving again.

                “What’re you wearing?” Chanyeol coughed.

                “It’s for the party. Baekhyun picked it out.”

                “No wonder,” Chanyeol sighed, “Baekkie!” Chanyeol yelled.

                “Yes?” Baekhyun poked his head out from his room.

                “Care to explain why Sehun is in an outfit that exudes seduction?”

                “Huh?” Sehun blushed.

                “It’s because Luhan might be there, right?”

                “Ohh,” Chanyeol grinned knowingly and nodded his head, “Then we have to fix your hair too! It can’t go like this!” Chanyeol playfully ruffled Sehun’s hair.

                “I think it’s fine!” Sehun pouted.

                “Says the person who can barely dress himself,” Chanyeol pulled Sehun by the back of the shirt to lead him back to the bathroom.

                “I dress myself all the time!”

                “Wearing a school uniform five days a week doesn’t count.”

                Sehun lost that battle easily. Even though Chanyeol and Baekhyun were being authoritative with Sehun, he also felt that he was being pampered in a way as well. This was one of the few times that they had guided him in choosing outfits or working on his hair. Even though he had never been on one, Sehun connected this event similar to getting dressed up for a first date…..without knowing the guy. What were those called again?

                It was amazing what Chanyeol could do with hair. He never touched his own except for straightening it or occasionally swiping gel through it, but he went all out on Sehun’s for tonight. Baekhyun had a lot of hair products, which allowed Chanyeol to have all the artistic freedom he wanted. Sehun didn’t know what was going on, but in the end, after minutes of waiting, Chanyeol had completed his masterpiece.

                “Whoa! This is my hair?” Sehun bobbed his head from left to right to watch the front fluff high above his forehead.

                This definitely defied all the rules and regulations of hair styling. Even though Chanyeol had used some types of foam and gel, Sehun’s hair didn’t show the shiny and waxy look that it usually would. The hair around his ears was sculpted to a point, and the hair leading to the back of his hair was messed with as well. The part on top of his head was now in the way back, instead of the middle where it usually is. This caused most of his hair to push forward, and then Chanyeol had gelled that up high above his forehead with some foam called Big y Hair…..

                “Channie!” Baekhyun yelled from their room, “We have ten minutes!”

                “Crap. Bye,” Chanyeol sprinted out of the bathroom as fast as his uncoordinated, giraffe legs could carry him. Sehun left the bathroom and entered the living room. There he found Baekhyun coming out from the hallway and plopping himself in front of the large mirror above the TV to put on his eye liner. Why he couldn’t do that in his bathroom Sehun didn’t know.

                “You want some too?” Baekhyun asked without even fully looking at Sehun. He knew he was there, and intently staring at him.

                “Eyeliner?” Sehun had never worn it.

                “Yeah. Come on over, I’ll show you how it’s done,” Sehun obediently stood next to his hyung and Baekhyun grasped Sehun’s face with one of his hands when he was ready to put it on Sehun.

                “Can I open?” Sehun felt awkward with one eye shut and a cool, wet line across it.

                “No. It’s liquid liner, so it’s going to take a while to dry.”

                “But your eyes are open, and you just put it on!”

                “That’s because I have a base on, you don’t.”

                That was another term Sehun didn’t understand, so he didn’t argue with his hyung any further. When Sehun’s eyes were done drying, they were immediately running out the door. Chanyeol  had speedily dressed in a black button up, and dark green skinny jeans that cut off inches above his ankles, but also complimented his reddish, hair that was usually frizzy, but tonight it was gelled back. Sehun found something that made him pout.

                “Why does Chanyeol hyung get to wear his shirt buttoned up?” Sehun asked in the car. He was feeling a tad uncomfortable with the exposed skin.

                “Because he doesn’t need to seduce anyone,” Baekhyun eyed him and Chanyeol nodded, “And he looks y this way,” Baekhyun straightened out the collar of Chanyeol’s shirt which was closed to the top button, and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Chanyeol beamed.

                The drive to the party was being held at one of the really fancy restaurants in Seoul. Apparently was a really big deal, since their car couldn’t even get near the restaurant entrance because of the paparazzi and celebrities or very rich people who were exiting their limousines and posing on a carpet for pictures. Chanyeol had to park the car in a parking lot three blocks from the restaurant.

                “Why are they staring,” Sehun shied away from the gazes the three of them were getting from passerby as they walked to the restaurant.

                “Cause we’re hot,” Baekhyun said simply and flipped his hair. Chanyeol noticed a group of girls pointing and giggling at Baekhyun from across the street, and in jealousy he s his arm around Baekhyun’s waist. No one was getting his Baekkie.

                “Ooh I’m so excited!” Baekhyun grinned when the trio approached the alternate entrance for the restaurant. Sehun was really excited as well. Actually, more nervous than anything. What if Luhan was there? What would he do? Just stare from a dark corner or be the awkward fan and talk to him?

                When they entered the restaurant, it looked to be an ordinary one with ordinary people sitting an eating the cuisine. But as the people off the red carpet ascended stairs to the left of the restaurant, they knew that was where the party was.

                At the top of the stairs was a ticket holder. She collected the invites and also took care of storing jackets and other personal belongings. The three of them were in awe. Being one high school student and two college students, they never got to be in a place so lavish. To the right, feet away, was a long bar where drinks and alcoholic beverages were served for free. Farther down, on the same side, was another artfully decorated, fold up table with food.

                The second floor resembled more of a wide hall than a restaurant. There were some chairs, but not enough to accommodate the large amounts of people there. Drapes of red and black, FC Seoul’s colors, were hung on the walls in droops. Below them were individual pictures of each of the players on the team in action. Above their heads, on the ceiling, dangled down a glass blown chandelier that twisted in every which way. It was so big that it might kill people if it fell.

                Windows were covering the back walls, showcasing Seoul to the socialites. Many of them transitioned from group to group to make small talk, with champagne glasses in their hands and expensive jewelry glittering from multiple angles.

                “Did you ever think that it would be this awkward?” Sehun asked to no one.  He had lost Chanyeol and Baekhyun in the crowd, and couldn’t seem to find them again. Because he didn’t know anyone, he was uncomfortably alienating himself and leaning up against a wall, scrolling through his phone. It had been barely an hour, and he was already wanting to go home. Without awesome music, dancing, or people he knew, Sehun thought this party was a drag.

                He rubbed his lips together and gulped. His throat was dry, and was in the need of water. His eyes scanned the room, and found what looked to be glasses with clear liquid up for grabs. Water! Sehun weaved in and out of people quickly to get to it. He eagerly grabbed a fluted glass, and downed its contents so fast he barely registered the taste.

                Sehun stuck his tongue out. It tasted weird, but water from different places usually tasted weird. Since he was still thirsty, and the water didn’t quench his thirst, Sehun drank three more glasses. Now Sehun was beginning to realize that what he drank was not water.

                After setting down his fourth glass, Sehun found it hard to stand straight, or stay focused. His vision was blurry, but he didn’t wear contacts. He was also very light headed, and there was a burning sensation in his chest where the “water” had traveled down into his stomach. There was a muted humming ringing in his ears, which annoyed him very much. Thinking that the humming was coming from the room, Sehun staggered out to find the bathroom, where hopefully it would be silent.

                Walking was a challenge. Sehun had two left feet, that wouldn’t walk in a straight line. Not to mention he also felt he had no control over them. He nearly bumped into a woman, who gave him a very strange look. Was there something on his face? Sehun couldn’t care less, and stumbled into the bathroom that was conveniently on the same floor. It was hard to tell which one was the women’s bathroom, and which one was the men’s but after touching the plaque on the door, he could feel no triangle on the human figure. Sehun had successfully found the men’s room!

                The door was also very hard to open. Sehun had to put all his weight against it for it to push open, and when he did, he practically fell over onto the floor. Sehun looked up to see a blurry figure on the couch in the waiting area before the bathroom. He would have paid him no mind, but the ringing in his ears wouldn’t stop, and the man’s hair was blonde.

                The first thing he thought was Luhan. It probably wasn’t him, but because of his love for the soccer player, Luhan was always on his mind. Sehun went towards the couch without thinking and fell onto it next to the man. Sehun swung his heavy head to look at the man because his peripheral vision didn’t want to cooperate.  When he saw who it was, Sehun’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

                “You’re-” Sehun pointed, but the rest of his words died on his heavy tongue.

                Luhan was inches from Sehun. He sat there, staring quizzically at the younger man who was clearly drunk. Luhan himself, was buzzed and couldn’t tell how old the man was, but he must have been around his age.

                “I’m…” Luhan said back slowly. Was this a game?

                His voice, oh his voice! Sehun thought it was the most beautiful sound he’s ever heard. He couldn’t describe it, but Sehun wanted to but that one word on a voice recorder, and hear it for the rest of his life. Is it possible to be handsome close up? Due to the alcohol, Sehun suddenly became loose lipped.

                “You’re the really handsome soccer player!”

                Luhan laughed. This was a cute drunk, “Yeah, I guess I am.”

                “You guess? No, you are real handsome!” Sehun insisted, “And you’re one of the best players on the team!”

                “Wow,” Luhan was flattered, “Um, thanks.”

                “Is this dyed?” Sehun made a bold move and patted the top of Luhan’s head. Luhan’s gold locks were so soft and silky to the touch.

                “Yeah,” Luhan murmured. He didn’t move away because of the nice scratching the other was giving his scalp. While sober Luhan would be pushing Sehun away and calling for a restraining order on the stranger, and Sehun would never do something like this. Alcohol can really change a person.

                When Luhan moved his head back, that delicate, white neck was exposed to Sehun. He froze and gulped. Luhan turned his head to the left to look at Sehun. Both locked eyes, and Sehun made the first move. Sehun leaned in and kissed Luhan without a concern for the other party’s say. For some reason, Luhan didn't pull away.

A/N: So, whaddya think? Please comment, I'd like to hear back from all of you! I'm also sorry for the wait. School is......*sighs*.  The standard update date will most likely be Monday.But, I also have to add, do any of you like Super Junior? If you do, I have a story I've been working on since May, and it's really come along. I'm really proud of it, despite that it doesn't have many subscribers or commenters. It's called Life with Me and My 6 "Brothers". See you all next week!