Of Trolls and Face Masks

Playing for His Heart

 

           A/N: Hi~! Author-nim is here with chapter number three! I've had like a SERIOUS writer's block this whole week, up til yesterday, so it should be interesting to see how this fairs. I usually have what will happen next on hand, but after chapter 2, I really had no idea what to do! D: But, yeah.....HERE: :D

 

           "Oh my god, oh my god,” Sehun whispered to himself as he ran frantically to the meeting place where Luhan said they would meet up. Since the bus had run into some difficulties on the way over, it had made him late by 20 minutes.

                When Sehun reached his destination, he gratefully sighed and bent over, his hands on his knees. He took in large gulps of air to supply his large demand of oxygen after having run five blocks from the bus to the front of the restaurant. At this point, on the verge of collapsing because of his poor stamina, Sehun didn’t care if he looked like a freak to the passerby on the street.

                “Sehun?” He heard a sweet voice question. Sehun flicked his head up, that was damp near his brow from light precipitation. Luhan was peering down at the wheezing boy, and all Sehun could think about was how nice Luhan looked.

                He was dressed in casual jeans and a light blue sweater with a white v-neck underneath that exposed parts of his milky white chest. A pair of sunglasses dangled from the shirt collar, and on his head was a light tan fedora.

                “Hi,” Sehun weakly smiled.

                “Are you ok?” Luhan reached out an open palm to pat Sehun on the back, but the younger straightened up abruptly, no longer out of breath.

                “Yeah. Sorry I’m late. The bus was holding me up.”

                “No worries,” Luhan smiled. He paused, and took in his attire, “Why are you dressed this way?”

                Sehun’s heart jumped. He forgot to think of a reason to explain why he was wearing a white button up and black slacks, which weren’t really normal clothes to wear for a college student. Noticing that the restaurant to their left was also a café, he thought of an idea.

                “Oh, I was working at my friend’s café, and we have uniforms so….” At least he wasn’t wearing the high school’s jacket as well….

                “Does the café have bubble tea?” Luhan asked.

                “Yeah. I love bubble tea!” Sehun smiled.

                “Me too,” Luhan was happy of the small bit of likeness between them, “I’ll have to stop by sometime and see you and taste the bubble tea!”

                “Yeah, you should,” Sehun really wanted to say, ‘Please, don’t!’, but couldn’t seem to say that either. Way to release another white lie.

                Luhan and Sehun walked into the restaurant, and there were already reservations made by Luhan. He told Sehun it was one of his favorite places to get lunch, and sometimes he would go on a minor withdrawal if he went without their cuisine for more than a week. Their conversation started out with the usual how are you, how has your day been. Sehun, again, had to lie. He couldn’t blab how happy he was that he recently got an A on his Chemistry test.

                “What are you majoring in?” Luhan asked yet again, another tough question. He only said it because Sehun had to say he went to Seoul National University with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Sehun played with the strands of pasta swimming at the bottom of the tomato sauce filled bowl.

                “Um, I haven’t really committed to a certain one…..” Sehun really didn’t know what he wanted to do in or after college. There was a part of him that wanted to teach kids, but also a part of him that wanted to dance, just like his friend Kai, who had introduced him to it.

                “I was the same way,” Luhan sympathized, “in the end I majored in Korean with a minor in physical education.”

                “So if you weren’t a soccer player today, you could have been a gym teacher?” Sehun couldn’t imagine Luhan as a teacher wearing trackies and with a whistle around his neck. The girls at what high school he would have chosen would have definitely fallen head over heels.

                “Yeah, strange to think of it, right?” Luhan chuckled.

                “All the girls would be following you like puppies,” Sehun said jealously.

                “No, they wouldn’t. I’d be that teacher all into extreme fitness that would make them all run. So in turn, they would hate me.”

                “Well if I was in high school when you were teaching, I wouldn’t hate you,” Sehun laughed.

                “You’d for sure be one of my favorites,” Luhan’s tone was light, but his words carried a deeper meaning for Sehun. By favorites, did he mean….? Luhan’s left hand slid across the white clothed table and rested on top of Sehun’s that was resting limply to the right of his plate.

                “Luhan,” Sehun whispered. What if someone saw this? It wouldn’t be good for Luhan’s reputation because if there was a picture of this out in the media, Sehun would surely be profiled as a teenager by some of the people he knew, and Luhan could be shunned for being so openly gay in a public place. It was sad, that even hand holding was risky. Sehun tried to pull his hand away, but Luhan’s hold just tightened.

                “Why do you try to pull away?” Luhan rubbed his thumb over Sehun’s knuckles, and Sehun’s heart raced.

                “It’s not that I don’t want to,” Sehun said quickly, “But, I think we should take this slow. I’ve never really been in a relationship, and the last one was long ago.”

Long ago, was 6 years. It was near the beginning of junior high, and a girl begged Sehun to go out with him. He complied because she was pretty, but they broke up after three months because the both of them realized they had nothing in common.

                “Slow,” Luhan repeated, “…Yeah, I can do that.”

                “Are you sure?” Sehun bit his lip. He didn’t want to cause inconvenience to Luhan, but he was truly scared of not being a good boyfriend. That, and he didn’t want to visit the bedroom again and risk the chance of his inexperience being found out.

                “I’m sure. I think that’s what I need too,” Luhan agreed. Flashbacks began bombarding his conscious at the term, take it slow, but he repressed them and shut them in the back of his mind.

                “But it still means touching is ok,” Luhan pointed out. He turned his cheek to the side and leaned towards Sehun, “Poppo,” He commanded. Sehun blushed, but complied for the kiss of the cheek. Out of nowhere, Luhan whipped his head forward and pressed their lips in a chaste peck. Sehun squeaked and jumped back.

                “You’re sneaky!” Sehun accused, but also thinking how lucky it was that the two of them were at a table behind a large plant.

                “You may have to remind me what going slow means,” Luhan smiled devilishly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                “You’re such an idiot,” Tao remarked.

                “Don’t remind me,” Sehun sighed and placed the final cucumber on his eyelid.

                “Next time, make your dates later in the day,” Baekhyun had found out that Sehun had left school early. When he had arrived home, both him and Chanyeol were in the dog house. Chanyeol, apparently, had been caught “staring” at another guy. Oh Baek and his jealousy…..

                The three of them were laying down in the living room with facemasks on, relaxing after a tense day. Sehun had his confrontation with Luhan, Baekhyun was busy ing over that nameless guy, and Tao was having a migraine after thinking too hard on how to capture Wu Fan. As Sehun breathed in, he nearly gagged because of the putrid smell entering his nostrils. There was only one place it could come from.

                “Jong In! Get your feet out of my face!” Sehun slapped at the air in front of his face to meet a fleshy appendage that darted back. Jong In just laughed and Sehun could feel him sit down on the opposite side of the couch.

                “Kyungsoo, can you control your pet?” Sehun called to Kyungsoo, Jong In’s boyfriend, who was in the kitchen making dinner for the six of them.

                “Jong In, don’t take advantage of the maknae!” Kyungsoo reprimanded from over a large pot of noodles, “Or his friend!” He added to cease Jong In’s every attempt at finding a loophole.

                “If you do, I’ll wushu your ,” Tao threatened.

                “Wasn’t planning on it!” Jong In held up his hands in surrender, which was unseen from the trio lying like vegetables. He knew how strong Tao actually was, and he was certain that he would never want to meet him down a dark alley.

                “So, how did your hunt for our Canadian foreigner go today?” Chanyeol asked Tao while reclining in a comfy chair, eating chips and watching a variety program on TV.

                “Pretty good. I initiated contact.”

                “When does Wu Fan ever initiate contact? Stop trying to sound smart, boy.” Baekhyun poked Tao’s firm chest and Tao slapped his hand back.

                “Whatever. I grabbed his .”

                “You did?” Chanyeol let loose one of his creeper laughs, which were actually natural, “You know, that can be written down as ual harassment.”

                “He won’t though. He wants me so bad,” Tao said as a matter of fact.

                “How do you know?” Jong In jumped in the conversation.

                “Why else would he part of his shirt after school when I come for help with my English? He never does that when other students are near. Such a tease~!”

                “You’re in denial,” Kyungsoo stated.

                “Do you even need help with English?” Baekhyun said.

                “Nope not at all.” Sehun answered for him.

                “Ahh, young love.” Jong In shook his head.

                “You sound like you know more, old man,” Chanyeol mocked.

                “Of course I do! Kyungsoo and I were the first ones to get together anyways. Believe me, if it was possible for men to get pregnant, Kyungsoo and I would have nineteen kids…..and counting.”

                “Jong In!” Kyungsoo was blushing up to his ears.

                “What it’s not like everyone here hasn’t had a bun in the oven! Well, except our poor Tao….” Jon In trailed off sadly.

                “On the way though! Wu Fan is busy making the dough.”

                “Ew,” Sehun laughed.

                At that moment, Sehun received a text message. Too busy being lazy to read it, he slipped it out from his jeans pocket and handed it to Jong In.

                “Can you read it for me?” Sehun asked him. Jong In mumbled a ‘sure’ and took the phone from the younger.

                “Ahem,” Jong In cleared his throat, “Sehun, I don’t think I should be looking at this……”

                “Why?? Who’s it from?”

                “It’s from Luhan…….”

                Sehun’s heart fluttered, “And why shouldn’t you be looking at the message?”

                “Because, well, umm….he sent a picture that would be very inappropriate to describe.”

                “HUH?!” What was Luhan sending him?!

                “Yeah. It’s like, he’s shirtless, but also-”

                “GIVE ME THAT!” Sehun tore off the cucumber slices and sat up on the couch. He snatched his phone from Jong In, only to want to kill himself at what was sent. Jong In began hysterically laughing at Sehun’s face, clutching his sides from the pain.

                “What picture?! You’re so mean!” Sehun threw punches at Jong In. He was tricked by kkhamjongie. Luhan had sent him a message, but not with a scandalous picture, and only an innocent message reading ‘What’s up? :P’

                “I hate you! Stop trolling me!!!” Sehun declared and stomped off to his room, slamming the door behind him.

                “Jong In, why’d you do that?” Baekhyun groaned, knowning that it would take some coaxing to get Sehun out of his room.

                “I was just messing with him! Your little princess has to learn not to take it so personally.”

                “I HEARD THAT!” Sehun screamed from his room.

                Kyungsoo was entering the living room to join the other four, but not without clonking his boyfriend on the head. Jong In cowered and shot Kyungsoo his puppy dog eyes.

                “What was that for?” Jong In whined.

                “For being mean to Sehun-ah. You’re not getting any tonight.”

                “You always defend him!!” Jong In pointed at Sehun’s room in shock.

                “My command is absolute.” Kyungsoo replied stoically and munched on left over cucumber slices.

“B-but Kyunggie!”

                “Don’t Kyunggie me! You heard me!”

                “Why am I so mistreated?!” It was Jong In’s turn to run into Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s bedroom and lock himself in there. Now the party went from six to four.

                “Am I off the hook yet?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun out of the blue.

                “Why would you be?” Baekhyun attacked with sarcasm.

                “Because you love me!”

                “I wouldn’t get your hopes up if I were you.”

                “What?!” Chanyeol jumped up from his seat, “Are you saying you don’t love me?!”

                “Only if you don’t repent for your sins, and sign a written confession in your own blood.”

                “But I didn’t look at him!”

                “I know what I saw,” Baekhyun bobbed his head like a diva, which ended up awkward since his head was resting back on a pillow.

                “How can you be so cruel?!” Now Chanyeol left crying, joining Jong In in the bedroom.

                 And then there were three. Kyungsoo found it odd, to have those who top in the relationship, hiding, while the guys who  bottomed lounging like they owned the place. Guess we know who really are the alpha dogs.

                 “Men,” Tao dramatically sighed.

A/N: So....whaddya think? Oh, and how do you all like the down comment option?! I think ti's horrible! I can see it now, people randomly down grading harmless comments and away their karma. I'd like to believe those kinds of people don't exist, but... At least we can't dislike a story. THAT would be just plain awful! See you all next week~!