A Bit of Jealousy and Coffee

Playing for His Heart

             A/N: Ok, this is sort of short plot wise, so nothing much will be happening, just a heads up. Heres Chapter 4:

           

               “Will you stop that?” Sehun mouthed, annoyed at his desk partner. He held up his book to look like he was reading, which was what he did for mainly all of his classes.

                Tao ignored him and continued to lean with his elbows on their desk, shooting flirtatious glances at their teacher, who everyone could guess was Wu Fan. Said teacher was reading something from his lecture book, and when he looked up to scan the class for those who weren’t doing their work, he was winked at by a panda, and hurriedly turned his head downward again.

                “Aw, he’s shy,” Tao cooed quietly.

                “No, he’s creeped out.” Sehun stole Tao’s workbook to compare answers. He sighed in frustration. Was it possible for a person to be this good at English?!

                “There’s a fine line between being creeped out and restraining one’s self.”

                “Whatever you say…” Sehun would rather agree with Tao, than disagree and end up causing a petty fight over a man that wasn’t even Tao’s.

                “I’m serious! Watch, if I lean over and,” Tao did the action as he said it, “brush your frizzy bangs out of your face, he’ll instantly get jealous.” Sehun glared at the hand above his hand, and took offense to name calling his bangs.

                “Look,” Tao whispered close to Sehun’s ear. Sehun’s eyes darted to the front of the class room, and saw their teacher physically shooting lasers at Sehun. It made him shiver a little.

                “He’s only mad because we’re not working,” Sehun scooted his chair farther from Tao.

                “But there’s only a minute left,” Tao drawled lazily and stretched his muscled arms above his head. Sure enough, the bell rang, and students were gratefully sprinting out of the classroom to go home.

                Sehun and Tao slowly made their exit from the classroom, but it wouldn’t be complete without their goodbye to their teacher. Well, Tao’s goodbye.

                “See you Monday Wu Fan, I’ll miss you,” Tao gave him with a little wave and a seductive pout to hold his future boyfriend over the two day break.

                “That’s Teacher to you, Zitao,” Wu Fan corrected and wiped down the white board.

                “Whatever you say, Teacher,” Tao replied in a way that would give implications. When the two had entered the busy hallway and collected the remaining of their things, they left the school grounds for Minseok’s café. It was their usual hang out when Tao didn’t have wushu practice to attend to.

                “You know, I was thinking of joining the English Club,” Tao said, swinging one foot in front of the other in an abnormal gait.

                “Just because it’s run by Wu Fan? You should only join clubs that you have an interest in.”

                “But I have an interest in it. Wu Fan’s there!”

                “How are you going to be able to join with wushu?” Sehun reminded.

                “True….” Tao became disheartened, remembering that he already was committed to a time consuming martial art that worked him 5 days a week. Even in his remaining 2 days he was training for it.

                “Maybe if I gave it up-” Sehun cut off Tao’s stupid contemplation.

                “Tao, you can’t! You’re so good at it! It’s going to look so good on your college resume. You don’t want to be like me, who has a lesser chance than you at getting into college because I don’t do anything other than study and receive average grades.”

                “Sehun-” Tao didn’t like the way his friend was degrading himself.

                “Just don’t quit wushu, ok? I bet Wu Fan will fall in love with you, regardless if you’re unable to be in the English Club.”

                Tao grinned, “Thanks Hun.” Sehun didn’t know it, but he for sure had a power over his friends. Tao’s been saved from making stupid mistakes, even though most were in their premature phase, all thanks to Sehun. He’s seen it been done with their other friends as well.

                “No problem.”

                It was a short bus ride to the café. Since it was 2 in the afternoon, the lunch rush was winding down, and there were less customers in the shop. The packed times were early in the morning and up till one, where coffee would usually be consumed. As they entered, they saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol munching on sandwiches at the bar close to the cash register, that was manned by Minseok.

                “Hi guys!” Chanyeol waved, but ended up looking like big bird flapping his arm, “How was school?”

                “Boring,” Sehun groaned and slumped down into an empty bar stool next to Chanyeol, “How was Calculus?”

                “Intriguing! Today we learned,” And the rest was blah blah blah to Sehun’s ears. He smacked his brain internally for even asking the question. The nerd is majoring in mathematics after all. Of course he would find it interesting! When Sehun was pretty sure his monotonous drone was done with, he asked Baekhyun how his classes went.

                “Good! I finished my garment for today, and I think it would look great on you, Tao!” Baekhyun directed his comment to the Chinese panda who was stealing a fry from Baekhyun’s plate.

                “Really? Are you going to let me wear it?” Tao was excited because Baekhyun’s designing skills had improved a lot since he first started out. Now the clothes were beginning to look so good, that you would have guessed they were professionally done. Well, they would be professional once Baekhyun was able to open up his own clothing line.

                “Of course! I have it back at the apartment, so come with us after we finish lunch.”

                Tao was like a child on Christmas day after that. Despite that he rarely went shopping and didn’t have the money to, Tao loved clothes as much as Baekhyun did. Expensive clothes. If there was anything with a Gucci label on it, he’d pounce on it before you could say ‘panda.’ He also has a talent for determining whether or not the item is actually brand name, or fake. You could imagine the faces of some street vendors when they try to sell to Tao.

                “Oh em gee!” Tao was bouncing off the walls out of happiness. He plopped himself right behind Sehun and wrapped him in a vice grip similar to one that a snake would give its prey when it was trying to squeeze the life out of it. For Tao, it was simply a hug.

                “Yah! Tao!” Sehun couldn’t even bring himself to sit up because of the two steel bars puncturing his abdomen.

                “Guess what Sehun? I get a fancy new shirt~!” Tao sang.

                “Yes, yes, that’s good for you!” Sehun patted his arm encouragingly, in a tone that adults would use to talk to little kids, “Now can you please get off of me?” Sehun’s diction switched to sarcastic.

                When Tao wasn’t complying, Sehun was only getting more frustrated he had become his human teddy bear. Minseok, who was in front of him, began waving his arms frantically at Sehun with his eyes bulging at something behind Sehun’s back. Sehun gave a look of “what the ?” to Minseok, who just continued to flop like a fish out of water.

                “Sehun?” Said teenager twisted his head behind him to follow the voice. Ah, no wonder Minseok was flailing like an idiot. Luhan was there.

                “Get off of me!” Sehun hit Tao more violently. Tao, who also noticed Luhan, did as Sehun said.

                Luhan waited patiently, but in his head he was nothing but that. From the time he walked through the front door of the café and saw another man with his arms around Sehun, he had the urge to rip Sehun from him and run to wherever the other man wasn’t.

                “Luhan!” Sehun jumped up from his seat to greet him.

                “Hi,” Luhan responded, his outgoing energy had somewhat depleted.

                “What’re you doing here?”

                “I came by to surprise you. You said you would be here around this time.” Luhan couldn’t help it. His gaze kept traveling back to the dark haired boy behind them, “Who is this?” He asked, unsure if the answer her was going to hear would be a good one.

                “Oh! This is Tao,” Sehun turned his head and stepped back to open the pathway between Luhan and Tao, “my friend from college.” Sehun raised his eyebrows at Tao as a reminder. Tao merely raised his eyebrows in return, and put on a slight smile.

                “Nice to meet you,” Tao bowed to Luhan first because of their age difference. Luhan murmured the same back and bowed in return. There was a beat of silence between the three, and Chanyeol interjected before it could become awkward.

                “Why aren’t you introducing us?!” Chanyeol said to the maknae.

                “Sorry,” Sehun then proceeded to introduce his friends. The whole time, he could see Jongdae giving him a telling look, which Sehun ignored. He better not screw anything up.

                “Did you come from practice?” Sehun and Luhan sat down. He had noticed Luhan’s attire consisted of a Nike t-shirt and shorts along with stylish running shoes.

                “Yeah. Our afternoon session finished not too long ago, so I decided to pick up Baby, my dog, and get some lunch.”

                “Wait,” Minseok, from out of nowhere, leaned on the bar towards Sehun and Luhan, “Sorry for interrupting, but did you say you have a dog?!”

                “Yes. She’s outside.” Luhan nodded.

                “Omo! Can I go see her?” Minseok bounced excitedly, his cheeks even more puffier from smiling so wide.

                “Yeah, sure,” Luhan smiled. Minseok ‘yeayed’ and sprinted outside. Jongdae shook his head. The two of them wanted a dog, mostly Minseok, but because of the costs and their complex they lived in didn’t allow them, they weren’t able to get one.

                “How was practice?” Sehun asked Luhan.

                “Good. We had our conditioning part today, and later tonight we’ll be doing some more technical work.”

                “You have two practices? They push you all so hard!” Sehun really had no idea what a true athlete’s schedule was normally like. Luhan, most the time, had 0-1 days off a week between weight training and team practice. On that one day off, he would usually be going on jogs or doing yoga to increase his flexibility. Flexibility equals a quicker rebuild on torn down muscle and the ability to keep your body intact for those over 90 minute games in overtime.

                “That’s what I got to do to earn the big bucks!” Luhan rubbed his fingers together to emphasize how much money was at stake. He may not be paid much, but Luhan certainly was paid more than a school teacher. In fact, he was paid twice the amount because of his skill and talent to help lead the team.

                Minseok then came back in with Luhan’s puppy cradled in his arms. He was cooing at it like a mother would do to a newborn, “Look guys! She likes me!” Minseok giggled when the puppy craned his neck up to his cheek.

                “Minseok! Why did you bring it inside?” Jongdae sighed when Minseok shuffled behind the counter with the dog in his arms.

                “It’s not an it, it’s a she! She was looking so lonely! I just had to bring her in!” Minseok blew the dog kisses and his signature baozi faces. Really, because of his cheeks, Sehun was convinced Minseok was a meat bun in his past life. They were just so….fluffy!

                Baby saw her master, and began struggling in his direction. Minseok and Luhan chuckled and handed over the dog. Baby sat obediently on Luhan’s lap, and blinked up at Sehun. She sniffed, familiar with the scent. Sehun cautiously lifted a hand out to Baby, who accepted the pet without hesitation. After she became used to him, she was itching to sit on his lap instead.

                “She likes you!” Luhan commented and observed the two. Sehun was gently petting Baby’s head, who was nuzzling even further into his hand. When she got impatient, she jumped onto her hind legs with her front paws against his chest.

                “Ew!” Sehun laughed when Baby began Sehun incessantly all over the face.  

                Luhan was going to make a witty remark, but he bit back his tongue. As much as he would love to see Sehun blushing, the comment wouldn’t be appropriate enough to say around his friends. Because of this he settled with, “She’s so lucky.”

                “Why?” Sehun was easing her down off his chest. Luhan leaned in with a smirk, and revised the “clean” version of his joke.

                “Because just as much as her, I want to be in your lap showering you with kisses,” Luhan whispered close to Sehun’s ear. Sehun turned red from embarrassment and scuttled off behind the barista counter to hand Minseok Baby, who gladly took him.

                Luhan gave a small wave to his cute Sehun, who was still keeping his head low. Sehun was overwhelmed by Luhan’s flirts. Not one person has ever told him sweet things like that. Sehun also had a feeling that y Luhan meant to say something more M rated, but kept it PG because they were in public.

                “Sehun, wait,” Tao held Sehun’s forearm as he was going to sit back down.

                “What is it?”

                “My Wu Fan senses…..they’re tingling.” Tao scanned the room carefully.

                “He’s not here, so they must be malfunctioning.” Sehun rolled his eyes. How much more obsessed could Tao get with this guy? But when the café door opened, son of a gun, Tao’s senses were spot on.

                Wu Fan walked straight in, not even realizing that this was Tao’s friend’s café. He had come in for a cup of coffee because of his tiredness that was getting so close to consuming him. Instead of jumping right at him, like Sehun thought Tao would do, he abruptly dropped to the floor behind the counter.

                “What are you doing?” Sehun peered down at the floor. Tao ignored him and slithered up to the cash register, waiting for Wu Fan to step towards it, and then-surprise!

                “Hey Fannie, what can I get ya?” Tao popped up over the counter, flirting mode activated. Wu Fan, not expecting the sudden appearance of a person, jumped ten feet in the air. He glared at Tao with a hand over his rapidly beating heart.

                “What’s going on there?” Luhan asked Sehun while watching the two interact. Even Luhan could tell that Wu Fan was attracted to Tao if he was or wasn’t in denial.

                “Tao has a crush on one of our professors, Wu Fan.” Sehun explained.

                “He so wants him,” Luhan said and noticed Wu Fan’s eyes travel down when Tao was bending down, with his backside facing his gaze.

                “But we never know if he’ll actually make a move. It’s probably the age difference holding them back,” Sehun sighed.

                “Age difference?” Luhan couldn’t seem to find much of one. Sehun mentally smacked himself for the slip up and quickly said:

                “Tao’s a freshman so…”

                “Ah, I see. Age is just a number anyways.” Luhan shrugged it off.

                This made Sehun think. People say that age is only a number, but most of the time they would have a hard time accepting it if the difference was so great. Sure, Luhan thought that Sehun was 20. That wouldn’t be a problem since Luhan himself was 22, but Sehun is actually 17. That’s 5 years compared to 2. In a sense, their relationship could be considered illegal.

                “You want to go out later tonight?” Luhan asked Sehun.

                Sehun contemplated the amount of homework he had and whether or not he could finish it all by tomorrow. Wait, who was he kidding?! He immediately answered yes. Only Chanyeol would think that way….

                Meanwhile, at the counter….

                “Ok, that’ll be ₩10,000 and one kiss.” Tao punched the buttons on the register.

                “….what?” Wu Fan deadpanned.

                “You heard me,” Tao leaned on his elbows towards Wu Fan from across the counter, “One kiss. Make it two and your coffee will be ₩5,000 instead of 10.” Tao blew Wu Fan a kiss and waited with his lips puckered.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

“He wanted to meet here?” Sehun weaved through the stadium grounds. For the date that Luhan had proposed, he told Sehun to meet up at the soccer stadium. If it was a date, then why here?

                He reached the inner circle of the stadium, and viewed the perfectly trimmed grass in front of him. It was so weird not to see anyone in the stands. Besides him, there was only one person in the stadium. The other man was juggling a ball at the center of the field, inside the painted white lines. Sehun walked down to the lowest edge, closest to the field, where the VIP front row seats would be. When he got close enough, he could see that the other man was Luhan, as he had thought.

                “Luhan!” Sehun called. The figure dropped the ball expertly with the top of his foot, and turned in Sehun’s direction. He waved back enthusiastically and jogged over.

                “Hi!” Luhan smiled widely. Sehun had the urge to kiss the adorable man on the spot, but his shyness prevented him from doing so.

                “Are you ready to go?”

                “Go where?”

                “…Out for the date…?” Sehun’s comment turned into a question at Luhan’s confusion.

                “Oh! We’re staying here!”

                “Um, ok,” Sehun didn’t know what to say. Should he be excited? Angry? He personally didn’t care, but this wasn’t what he had in mind for a date.

                “Climb over!” Luhan encouraged.

                Sehun peered down over the railing, and noticed that the drop was pretty sharp, “Uh, I don’t know if that’s a good idea. Is there a staircase…?”

                “Yes, but that would take minutes to explain,” Luhan chewed the inside of his cheek, contemplating for a moment, “Ah. Come here!” Luhan held out his arms to Sehun.

                “You want me to jump into your arms?”

                “Yeah. It’s easier anyways.” Luhan shrugged, but in his head he had a double meaning.

                “Ok,” The naïve Sehun agreed. He sat on the railing and slid as gracefully and gently as he could into Luhan’s muscular arms. When Luhan had him trapped, a Cheshire cat grin nearly covered his whole face.

                “Easier to have my way with you, that is,” Luhan continued his statement for before.

                “Hey!” Sehun blushed, embarrassed for falling for Luhan’s trick. He was now unable to get down from the bridal style position Luhan had him in, “Put me down!”

                “Not until you kiss me,” Luhan drawled. Sehun, who had his arms around Luhan’s neck, had the shorter route to Luhan’s lips. Knowing that Luhan was serious, he slowly tipped his head forward to meet Luhan’s lips very softly.

                A spark ignited between them, and not the one people get from rubbing fuzzy surfaces or balloons. Luhan sighed into the kiss, deepening it as well. He had felt this spark from the moment Sehun kissed him on the night they met, and it still continued to be there. That had to mean something, and he wondered if Sehun could feel it as well.

A/N: So, whaddya think?! Don't worry, the date will be continued on in the next chapter, if anyone was wondering. Don't really have much to say about this one, other than it felt very short. Too short...... I'll see what I can whip up next week. Until then, adieu~! ;D